Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Harris Farm was my first 'proper' job. I really enjoyed it and I learnt a lot. My typical shift experiences included: interacting with customers about products, stacking shelves, rotation of in store stock, mark downs of products, discussing objectives with others in my section/team and getting to know products and their placement.
Be careful who you work for. Great as a part time worker but don't look for a job in management. Often understaffed and under supplied in the butchery with a lack of care by the owners shown. However, the produce is good quality and the workers are excellent people.
Mostly at the cash register as it gets really busy. Great first time job. Other parts of the job included restocking shelves. Usually very busy but can be slow around closing time.
I learnt a lot in this industry. I really was out of my comfort zone but it was a fun and enjoyable time just the travel time was the hardest! otherwise it is a great place to work!
Pros
got really decent lunch breaks
Cons
Provided good facilities to excel in workforce, respecting me as an individual. A typical work day included standing at the cash register for 6-8 hours. I learned valuable skills in customer service and operating a cash register very efficiently. My co-workers were helpful.