Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Harris Farm is an extremely diverse workplace in all aspects, staff are very open, friendly and welcoming to new staff. Shifts range in pace, some days are fast-paced and busy however help is always available. As my first job, Harris Farm positively introduced me to a functional and positive working environment and would recommend it to those wanting an active and flexible work experience.
its very nice working at harrisfarm market. i had learned a lot about how the system works. i am very happy with the overall working time in harris farm market.
HFM is my first really job, it as tough me many skills which I will carry for a very long time, they include customer services, communication and team work. it is a very diverse work place which help to exposes people to different cultures.
Pros
positive vibes
Cons
non
First manager was great. Friendly, fun but serious working environment. Good hours. However after 3 solid years of hard full time work a new manager replaced the old manager where a lot of difficult changes happened. I was completely open to change and can adapt to any situation but there was a lack of respect for all current staff and they prioritised new staff with little experience showing little compassion for the previous hard working staff. Little hours were given and we we're treated like it was our first day on the job. The new manager even admitted to having no idea what he was doing and weeks after I left to find a new job I heard he stood down from managing as he received to many complaints from employees and customers. Harris Farm was an amazing place to start work as a young adult but that opinion is coming from when I first started working there. I would recommend it as a first Job when your young.
Not paying staff their correct wage for the hours worked. No Corporate Responsibility Taken Irresponsible handling of complaints, wage inquiries, OHS.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sunday Penalty Rates not paid according to the Laws.
Awesome staff, great environment, learnt heaps about fruit, i would restock shelves, help customers with shopping, cash handling, management were awesome
A typical day at work consists for me in that of filling and maintaining shelves as well as providing assistance to customers to help them locate a specific product. I have learned to work effectively and efficiently as well to operate machinery such as a box crusher. Management of the store is very democratic with all the individual departments being given high levels of independence to complete their tasks on their own accord. However, there is some trade off with this in that management does not have the greatest of knowledge of all the departments. My co-workers consist of a mix of professional adults and late teens who bring in a diversity in the workplace that creates an enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be that of memorizing the wide range of products in the store. The most enjoyable of this job is the amount of flexibility i have with my hours and the friendly and helpful co workers i have.
Pros
Friendly and diverse business culture
Cons
Limited amount of time to complete large tasks