Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Culture reviews

I worked at Harris Farm in Bondi Junction for around a year and I loved it. The people were great but it was stressful when the shop became busy. Overall I love the company and the people.
Pros
Your shifts were very flexible
Cons
I do think the pay could be higher
It is a supportive workplace environment. They were very accommodating to my needs and the staff were all great. The management was very good, my manager was very approachable. Pay was good, hours were good, everything was above board.
Pros
Free fruit and 25% discount
Sehr nette Arbeitskollegen, coole Arbeitsatmosphäre
I am working in harris farm compny .i love all staff mamber and managements .the atmosphere is friendly and after 6 month they acceptme permanent position .i am full time employer in my compny.
Great place to work, loved the people and the friendly atmosphere. Was inducted straight away and staff were very helpful in helping to find my bearings.
HFM is my first really job, it as tough me many skills which I will carry for a very long time, they include customer services, communication and team work. it is a very diverse work place which help to exposes people to different cultures.
Pros
positive vibes
Cons
non
I had a great experience worked in Harris Farm Market. In the team, I had offer need to work collaborate and/or work with other team members to finish a given task. Here I developed my communication skills and listening skills. As a team player, we shared our responsibilities and taking everyone's ideas on board. That I learned to help each other, support any fellow team member, take instruction well from team leader and archive a shared goal.
Pros
Free customer service traning
Cons
Max. 8hrs shift
Fast paced workplace with a okay staff culture. Good discounts and some flexibility with hours. Staff are very friendly and customers are rewarding to work with.
Pros
25% discount.
Cons
Budgeting of staff hours.
it a productive and fun place to work and i learnt a lot while working there. Harris farm mosman is a multicultural work place with different race, my colleagues where great and supportive.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
hours
i learn how to cut cheese and wrap it and how to price it, i worked with 20 cultures different, and i learn and know different type of cheese, the job it was easy but i didn't completed because it was so cold in the fridge, the temperature was 4*
Pros
coffee
Cons
untel 6 pm
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Harris Farm Markets?
I learnt how to revise codes, using that to work very fast which was a good thing. The people were lovely but the management overall was terrible, they were so slow and extremely unorganised. The workplace culture was great, had a wide range of diversity.
Pros
great people
Cons
Management was bad
The workplace environment was very good at Harris farm, giving me new challenges everyday. The staff were very friendly and the customer staff relations were incredible.
Awesome staff, great environment, learnt heaps about fruit, i would restock shelves, help customers with shopping, cash handling, management were awesome
- Boring work everyday with no motivation from bosses. - There isn't job rotation and any boss interests on teach something new. - Disgusting kitchen. - Low management about workers. - No support from bosses is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Dirty and no bosses support
A typical day at work consists for me in that of filling and maintaining shelves as well as providing assistance to customers to help them locate a specific product. I have learned to work effectively and efficiently as well to operate machinery such as a box crusher. Management of the store is very democratic with all the individual departments being given high levels of independence to complete their tasks on their own accord. However, there is some trade off with this in that management does not have the greatest of knowledge of all the departments. My co-workers consist of a mix of professional adults and late teens who bring in a diversity in the workplace that creates an enjoyable atmosphere. The hardest part of the job would be that of memorizing the wide range of products in the store. The most enjoyable of this job is the amount of flexibility i have with my hours and the friendly and helpful co workers i have.
Pros
Friendly and diverse business culture
Cons
Limited amount of time to complete large tasks
A place of learning and the ability to constantly upgrade your skills, whether that be people skills or managerial. The company often ran conferences and would invite rural employees along and pay for accommodation etc. just to make them feel part of the family. The hardest part of the job was leaving to move interstate. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, managing staff and solving any issues that arose whether from a customer, supplier or in store.
My First day in Harris Farm was bit confusing as i had to look after as a Back Dock Manager and Meat Manager. But due to supportive staff members i gradually made my working environment easier. I learned team work is the best thing. Management was better no doubt. Co-workers were so delightful and helpful which helped me to be there till today. Hardest part was to look after two jobs at the same time but i enjoyed and accomplished. Most enjoyable part is to learn new things every day from different people.
Pros
Facilities
Cons
Sick Leavs was really hard to have