Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Management reviews

But now company has been moved and they changed me in another section I cocheese section. Over there I always feel uncomfortable, stressful and too much headache. Because over there no good management they make a teamleader only twenty year old girl she don't know nothing she just doing study she have not manegment course no knowledge how she need to talk with older and yenger looked.
Cons
i like warehouse job before they make a big bad changenow everything not good and warehouse does not function better everything worse , why make such a stupid mistake to make this change , why make your company worse best part of the company was the transport team and warehouse workers now they made stupid change everything gone bad very big stuff up mess. managers bad this company gone very very bad don’t work here , they don’t care about workers they care to made stupid decisions
Pros
Cons
bad management
It is a supportive workplace environment. They were very accommodating to my needs and the staff were all great. The management was very good, my manager was very approachable. Pay was good, hours were good, everything was above board.
Pros
Free fruit and 25% discount
No management in the online department. It’s managed by people that don’t care about people. They never responded to emails/inquiries. They had to pay us 3 times every week because they couldn’t make a correct payslip. Hours were missing and they had to fix it every time. Huge lack of intern communication and consideration
When I first started, they didn't even have any induction or tell me any important things like how I will be paid, if I have to sign a timesheet, when is my shift (have to kept asking managers daily if I will be wanted the next day), no show around warehouse (I have to figure where the toilets are by myself), and didn't even inform me about compulsory working conditions like I have to work in a freezer (and the supervisor got upset when I didn't bring my jacket on the first day in order to work in there). Unclear and bad coordination between office and warehouse management and there are a serious flaws in their job description about the role. They generally didn't care who they hire and usually bulk-hire (mostly backpackers, student visas, and very young people) when they are desperate and most of them are friends or living in the same dome. They do this because they could get rid of them easily and tell them we don't have work for you after 2-3 weeks. So if you want to work here, be prepare to get send home after 2-3 hours or tell you that don't come anymore after a few shifts. Yet there are still work available for selective people who is friends with management. Some people who work here for long are quite rude indeed. I've heard people yelling across the freezers, scream at other people, and got upset with new staff for minor mistakes. If someone left a mess before they go home but bad luck you are the next person to work in the area then you will be blamed and accused that it was your mistake. Some supervisors will generally mistrust new staff. When they hire, they will - more...
Be careful who you work for. Great as a part time worker but don't look for a job in management. Often understaffed and under supplied in the butchery with a lack of care by the owners shown. However, the produce is good quality and the workers are excellent people.
Very difficult to obtain the job nevermind work there, wasn't too enjoyable due to the complete lack of communication while I was there. Good luck to anyone there
Harris Farm is Almost perfect in every area but I find the management is a very lacking point of the company, therefore, it can be a struggle to work but if you can look over that then you should enjoy your work there.
The management at Harris Farm Markets Baulkham Hills was horrible. The management was lazy and a lot of the workload was pushed onto new workers. Very slow paced on weekdays, weekends were a lot more fast paced.
I am working in harris farm compny .i love all staff mamber and managements .the atmosphere is friendly and after 6 month they acceptme permanent position .i am full time employer in my compny.
- Easy to gain customer service skills - Managers are accepting of everyone - Very nice and clean workplace - However HR management are disorganised - May not have a choice of which department you're put into (eg. front end, grocery, perishables)
HFM provides good pay compared to different companies and businesses/retail outlets. However, poor management recruiting lets the company down. Otherwise, its a good place to work to meet friends, and gain skills on a spectrum of tasks.
Harris Farms is a great place to start working. For me personally, working as a cashier was a weird but enjoyable experience. Customers can be a pain to deal with, but a fair few were nice and engaging to talk to. You are also expected to tend to the flowers/plants at times, face up shelves, work in produce/fridge/groceries or clean-up. The workload is certainly manageable. The whole workplace ethics and management is a bit of a mix. The ethics sometimes aren't followed well, especially by certain supervisors who abuse their role. For instance, I was threatened to work more shifts (despite telling the manager and another supervisor) that I was busy beforehand. Furthermore, rostering is a bit of an issue. Regularly, there was a budget cut meaning that workers were rostered less. On certain weeks I received no shifts. However, the workplace strictly follows the policy of breaktimes, which is definitely great. The workplace community is certainly very welcoming. The staff were extremely patient to support me especially during training and some were willing to give up their breaks and work extra to help me either learn the tropes or finish a task. Only a fair few were troublesome, but in this case, there were more friendly people. There are also lots of workplace benefits. For instance, there is a worker discount for groceries. Furthermore, since the community is close there are also lots of events that can happen outside of the workplace. Overall, Harris Farm Markets can definitely improve in many ways, but the overall experience of working there was enjoyable and - more...
Pros
Worker discount, meeting new people, plethora of skills to attain, mostly friendly supervisors and peers
Cons
Lack of shifts, lack of ethics, security is a concern
Management was strict and poor, pressure to perform to an exceptional standard and if these expectations were not met, punishments (never physical) would be met.
Pros
sometimes free food, friendly co-workers
Cons
poor management, unpleasant customers
I learnt how to revise codes, using that to work very fast which was a good thing. The people were lovely but the management overall was terrible, they were so slow and extremely unorganised. The workplace culture was great, had a wide range of diversity.
Pros
great people
Cons
Management was bad
The workplace at Harris Farm Markets in Bondi Junction is disorganised (no roster) and there are no guaranteed hours for employees. The staff are not accommodating towards newer younger staff and many have been accused of stealing.
Awesome staff, great environment, learnt heaps about fruit, i would restock shelves, help customers with shopping, cash handling, management were awesome
Harris farm markets is a lovey place to work at time i have learnt a lot from there that i will take with me through the rest of my career. a typical day at Harris farm is a fast paced working day. This has given me the time management skills to be able to finish all of my other job as well as being the best i can be in my serving and customer service. The best part about working at Harris farm would be learning something new nearly every day.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
not enough hours are provided
- Boring work everyday with no motivation from bosses. - There isn't job rotation and any boss interests on teach something new. - Disgusting kitchen. - Low management about workers. - No support from bosses is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Dirty and no bosses support
In my almost 3 years at Harris Farm Markets, I have learnt how to lead and manage a small group of people and ensure that all work is equal. My co-workers are wonderful, understanding people that all enjoy working at Harris Farm. Harris Farm has a friendly environment and is full of energetic people. Although the hardest part of any retail job may be customer service, it happens to be my favorite part. The management at Harris Farm treats its employees equally and friendly whist maintaining a strong authority. My overall experience at Harris Farm Markets has taught me so much and has prepared me for future endeavors.
Pros
Generous mandatory breaks, Free lunches around Christmas time, Easter, etc
Cons
Long Hours
A day at work involves lots of jobs for a supervisor. There are many different working opportunities within the store such as fridge, grocery, meat, seafood, fresh produce, checkouts, bakery and butchery. This provides opportunities to learn new and useful skills, improves memory and time management skills and teaches people how to work effectively and productively with a large team of people. Management has its pros and cons but they do try their best to cater for everyone in the store for their holidays, days off and availability. Co-workers are very positive and motivated people, majority of the store interacts well with one another, friendly and approachable and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be all the information you have to withhold but if you are good at management and you write things down it becomes easier. The people you work around are the best part of the job, they're positive and the team has good relationships with one another.
Pros
Free fruit allowance
Cons
Long hours in produce, roster issues.