Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Pay & Benefits reviews

I was work in harris farm market at flamington. But in work not enough hour to work. And someday on call not job not work. notfair for staff. good pay but notjob
It is a supportive workplace environment. They were very accommodating to my needs and the staff were all great. The management was very good, my manager was very approachable. Pay was good, hours were good, everything was above board.
Pros
Free fruit and 25% discount
Don't work there. First they pay very good, then they would change your section. Next, decreasing your hours until the condition that you would like to leave because of low income
its very nice working at harrisfarm market. i had learned a lot about how the system works. i am very happy with the overall working time in harris farm market.
I worked at Harris Farm in Bondi Junction for around a year and I loved it. The people were great but it was stressful when the shop became busy. Overall I love the company and the people.
Pros
Your shifts were very flexible
Cons
I do think the pay could be higher
Harris Farms is a great place to start working. For me personally, working as a cashier was a weird but enjoyable experience. Customers can be a pain to deal with, but a fair few were nice and engaging to talk to. You are also expected to tend to the flowers/plants at times, face up shelves, work in produce/fridge/groceries or clean-up. The workload is certainly manageable. The whole workplace ethics and management is a bit of a mix. The ethics sometimes aren't followed well, especially by certain supervisors who abuse their role. For instance, I was threatened to work more shifts (despite telling the manager and another supervisor) that I was busy beforehand. Furthermore, rostering is a bit of an issue. Regularly, there was a budget cut meaning that workers were rostered less. On certain weeks I received no shifts. However, the workplace strictly follows the policy of breaktimes, which is definitely great. The workplace community is certainly very welcoming. The staff were extremely patient to support me especially during training and some were willing to give up their breaks and work extra to help me either learn the tropes or finish a task. Only a fair few were troublesome, but in this case, there were more friendly people. There are also lots of workplace benefits. For instance, there is a worker discount for groceries. Furthermore, since the community is close there are also lots of events that can happen outside of the workplace. Overall, Harris Farm Markets can definitely improve in many ways, but the overall experience of working there was enjoyable and - more...
Pros
Worker discount, meeting new people, plethora of skills to attain, mostly friendly supervisors and peers
Cons
Lack of shifts, lack of ethics, security is a concern
I got experience to work as a customer service as i worked in a Harris Farm Market as a customer service. I worked there more than a year and collected lots of experience and i knew how to deal with customer. What to do in a busy time. How to work in a group. I can also do refreshing the foods and products. I left there because mosman is far from my house.
Pros
I dont need free lunch
Cons
Long shifts
Not paying staff their correct wage for the hours worked. No Corporate Responsibility Taken Irresponsible handling of complaints, wage inquiries, OHS.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Sunday Penalty Rates not paid according to the Laws.
I learnt a lot in this industry. I really was out of my comfort zone but it was a fun and enjoyable time just the travel time was the hardest! otherwise it is a great place to work!
Pros
got really decent lunch breaks
Cons
I leanrt alot of codes ( every fruit or veg had a code each), other than that it was very enjoyable.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
low pay