Harris Farm Markets
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Farm Markets Work–Life Balance reviews

Harris Farm is Almost perfect in every area but I find the management is a very lacking point of the company, therefore, it can be a struggle to work but if you can look over that then you should enjoy your work there.
i like warehouse job before they make a big bad changenow everything not good and warehouse does not function better everything worse , why make such a stupid mistake to make this change , why make your company worse best part of the company was the transport team and warehouse workers now they made stupid change everything gone bad very big stuff up mess. managers bad this company gone very very bad don’t work here , they don’t care about workers they care to made stupid decisions
Pros
Cons
bad management
I got a offer to come work for this pack of lairs , 1st up 38 hour weeks if your a butcher this means $790 take home good luck with that 2nd i didnt have a copy of my birth certificate so i was frired a week out from Xmas, i have never in my whole working life been ask for my birth certificate, this company is a bloody joke DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Work in a team work sometime is unfair because the boss do like a take only her friend to do easy job get the other person to do only hard job. Change the roster all the time.
A great place to work however, they need more supervisors aa if one couldn't work the other one was expected to even if they were unavailable to, because I'm only 18 and I was a supervisor they kinda expected me to miss out on my social life and work over 34 hours a week with only one day off a week. I found it hard when I was unavailable and so was the other supervisor I had to miss out and work.
Pros
great money, and the staff discount.
Cons
long hours and not many days off.
In my almost 3 years at Harris Farm Markets, I have learnt how to lead and manage a small group of people and ensure that all work is equal. My co-workers are wonderful, understanding people that all enjoy working at Harris Farm. Harris Farm has a friendly environment and is full of energetic people. Although the hardest part of any retail job may be customer service, it happens to be my favorite part. The management at Harris Farm treats its employees equally and friendly whist maintaining a strong authority. My overall experience at Harris Farm Markets has taught me so much and has prepared me for future endeavors.
Pros
Generous mandatory breaks, Free lunches around Christmas time, Easter, etc
Cons
Long Hours
I learnt a lot in this industry. I really was out of my comfort zone but it was a fun and enjoyable time just the travel time was the hardest! otherwise it is a great place to work!
Pros
got really decent lunch breaks
Cons
A day at work involves lots of jobs for a supervisor. There are many different working opportunities within the store such as fridge, grocery, meat, seafood, fresh produce, checkouts, bakery and butchery. This provides opportunities to learn new and useful skills, improves memory and time management skills and teaches people how to work effectively and productively with a large team of people. Management has its pros and cons but they do try their best to cater for everyone in the store for their holidays, days off and availability. Co-workers are very positive and motivated people, majority of the store interacts well with one another, friendly and approachable and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job would be all the information you have to withhold but if you are good at management and you write things down it becomes easier. The people you work around are the best part of the job, they're positive and the team has good relationships with one another.
Pros
Free fruit allowance
Cons
Long hours in produce, roster issues.