Harris Scarfe Employee Reviews

Fun caring environment
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD1 May 2019
Harris Scarfe poses as a great environment with a close team of staff who work cooperatively to produce the best results. The day would revolve around customer service and replenishing stock along with occasionally working at the position of sales.
Pros
Big breaks
Cons
Lack of hours
Really amazing cozy shop
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC24 April 2019
It’s weird. You get along with almost everyone in this shop, everyone is just nice to each other and that’s a really nice thing. I like that. Even though I spent a week for just work experience I learned a lot of stuff.
Pros
Nice people
Not taken care of
Co-worker (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW28 October 2018
Within the company, the staff don't seem to be a priority and not only are they not taken care of in the correct manner, but neither are the customers.
Cons
Disrespectful.
exceptional working environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 October 2018
manager and co workers were amazingin, everybody was treated with equal respect.
i wished i had more hours on, as i only got about 8 hours of work a week. back then i was in high school, so i guess i can undstand why.
Pros
excellent work evnironment
Cons
did not get enough working hours
productive and a nice workplace with friendly staff
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA26 July 2018
I have worked their for a week and I had a really good experience there. ii didn't get paid for it and it was great place to work in and communicate with staff and customers. so enjoyable
HS Review
SALES ASSSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 July 2018
I have learned so many valuable skills when it comes to retail, eg customer service working under pressure, time management skills and organisational skills
the management staff a great and supportive
great workplace culture
Awesome at giving positive feedback and celebrating & rewarding achievements
Casual Team Member (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren, Victoria4 June 2018
As a company Harris Scarfe are good to work for, the Company does the roster via a Kronos App and employee information (such as company values and small educational tools) via a portal app, which makes for easy and quick access.

There is e-mails and messages that get posted in the portal that praise achievements as well as other important information. There is some chance of career advancement mainly for the younger members of staff.

There is a lot of encouragement and praise by the managers (they really value the staff and what we do). We celebrate last days and birthdays as well as staff achievements.

I have worked in almost all areas of the store but I mostly door greet (I love chatting with customers and helping them with any questions that they have), Before each shift it's best to do a quick walk around the store as things get moved and changed weekly and sometimes daily.

The hardest part is dealing with rude customers that don't listen when you answer them (this results in you wasting time answering the same question multiple times), as a retail worker you have to just grin and bear it.
Pros
Great In-Store Management, Awesome Staff, Sometimes fun workplace, Multiple store Staff discounts.
Cons
Being a casual means that I lack job security even though I have worked there for over 6 years.
busy retailer
Dock Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA9 May 2018
mix of different management styles - lots of different staff and they all had different ways of liking how things were done. mostly a busy place, but usually had good days. knew some good people there.
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW9 May 2018
At Harris Scarfe I most importantly learned value of customer service and meeting the customers needs to a satisfactory level wanting the customer to come back again and again.
Average environment but very disorganised.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD21 March 2018
i helped with the initial set up of the Mackay store and it was my first job, but unfortunately i didn't enjoy it very much because the workplace culture was average but there was still a lot missing.
fun job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melton VIC7 March 2018
I started working in Harris Scarfe in 2015 and it was only for work placement for school and for the time i was there for i loved it, made new friends in workplace.
Pros
great staff
I've learnt a lot
Delivery Supervisor and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wagga Wagga NSW24 January 2018
Working for Harris Scarfe has taught me invaluable skills such as teamwork, time management, customer service, reaching workplace goals and responsibility.
nice working environment
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT21 January 2018
Nice environment to work in. the pay was good especially as a casual worker. the managers can be very hit and miss however. Costumers tended to be friendly.
Customer service & satisfaction
Customer Sales, Service & Administration duties (Current Employee) –  West Lakes SA19 December 2017
Excellent working environment with great work colleagues and supporting leadership. Providing great customer service is paramount to the business and every staff member his aware of his/her roles within the team.
Comfertable environment
School Based Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 December 2017
A good, stable, and comfortable work environment. Fellow staff were friendly for the short time I was there which increased the positivity the environment radiated.
Excellent place of work
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harris scarfes adelaide12 October 2017
Dynamic,continuous training kpis review,swms confined space safety supervisor,always motivating,uplifting,going home,social bbqs every friday ,I provided
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Extreme long days
Relaxed
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 October 2017
I did one week work experience and I mostly unpacked pallets and helped stock the back shelves due to being the more fit athletic individual. I would also restock items in the shop from kitchen appliances to shoes and clothing. Help customers with finding items and staying in late if the manager needed.
Pros
Kitchen with snacks and microwave etc..
Very well managed
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Box Hill VIC 312812 September 2017
A very well managed department store, efficiently run with generous staff discounts. Good work environment. Job security. Clean facilities. Good communication between staff.
Pros
Good work environment
Unsatisfactory
Customer service (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA31 August 2017
Unsatisfactory never see such a turn over of mangers due to Unsatisfactory staff never really a problem with mangers they just couldn't get staff to keep up with work load .
I was doing four diffrent jobs and to walk out to the floor and see staff doing nothing i reported to regional manger who discarded the matter. Yelling at mangers was wrong attitude by the regional manger maybe making staff aware there jobs are on the line would have been a better approach.
To watch the good staff leave due to this was diss heartining after eight years working with this company and opening this new store i couldn't believe what i was seeing example staff telling senior staff don't tell me what to do and walking away and leaves stock still can't get my head around this especially and to be told i could be given a written warning for speaking up for other staff and mangers who were concerned about what was going on . I believe everyone needs to apply themselves to make the workplace successful .
Supportive environment
Senior Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC9 July 2017
Harris Scarfe is a very friendly working environment, Management are very supportive and encouraging. They promote work life balance, and always ensure they look after their staff.

My time at Harris Scarfe has been a pleasurable experience and the only reason why I am looking else where is because I am wanting to obtain full time work. Currently I hold a casual position at Harris Scarfe.

I get along really well with the managers and the team, they are easy going and extremely easy to talk to.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Not enough hours