Harris Scarfe
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harris Scarfe Employee Reviews

Australia91 reviews
It was an ok job. The boss had his favorites. But otherwise ok. I enjoyed the work. I.was in the Manchester department but was trained to work every department of the store.
Good Friendly staff
Good workplace to work in

Fun and enjoyable work to do

The most enjoyable part of the job helping out the customers

Really good management
Overall enjoyed my time with HS.
The store was let down with bad management from opening day onwards which inevitably resulted in a somewhat negative work culture, lazy and self entitled employees and many unresolved issues. Not always negative, but it depended who you were friends with. The company itself is a little behind in the times however I would work for the company again if given the opportunity. 4/5*
at work, I provide customer service at the registers and communicate with a wide range of people. I've learned to handle money and how to properly handle certain situations. At my job I love making new friends and being able to communicate and feel comfortable around all staff members
My time with Harris Scarfe was mostly enjoyable. With a terrific manager who included staff in seeking goals while trying to make work a happy place to be. Unfortunately store closed and left feeling let down by the rest of the company. Situation of three months of dealing with possibly closure was daily stressful and felt like little to no support from senior management. Our direct manager was amazing in trying to assist the staff but further up the food chain was where the bitterness still remains.
Its a company that needs a clean sweep of too may cheifs taking the credit for all the work of those on the coal face. If they dont fix that the company will fail.again.
I found my experience a terrible one working at Harris Scarf . Lack of staff, and the demands placed on staff. Over worked and a lot of abuse frim customers, because of their frustratration. . inostaff dis
The team members were great to work with and even to socialise out of work. At times it became stressful at peak periods. No real advancement to be had
Great sales, great management and team mates, fun place to work Unfortunately our store closed down on the 2nd February 2020 I do miss my job and people I worked with
Great work place, with great people which makes it really enjoyable and fun. Always learning new things which is a bonus, management are really nice and always helps out with the employees.
Harris Scarfe Greenhills is THE best job I have ever had. The team and management are exceptional. Opportunites within Harris Scarfe are endless and you learn A LOT.
Such a great place to work, great culture, team, day to day tasks.
Very supportive upper management.

If I could retire here I would.

There are so many positives; too many.
The company is great and the job is very easy if you are on top of everything, like merchandising, refilling and ticketing.
Ticketing could be the least favourite party of the job as there is a lot to put up and down all the time.

Team is great but also depends on how the management team evolves.

My store is great.
Not enough shift though I have asked many time nicely. The managers were not very nice. And would always point out the bad things your doing and not the good. Some of the co-works think they can boss you around because they are older than you ( I was one of the youngest)
They will train you how to do the tills, pin and tag and also help the customers. With a system they can help call other stores. Here has better team work and also progression. You will learn new things here most days and dont get bored.
Pros
Location, people, team work, work/life balance
learn money handling skills, customer service, product details such as manchester items
hardest part was the long hours and rude customers

enjoyed learning aboit products
Pros
pay
Cons
Harris Scarfe poses as a great environment with a close team of staff who work cooperatively to produce the best results. The day would revolve around customer service and replenishing stock along with occasionally working at the position of sales.
Pros
Big breaks
Cons
Lack of hours
It’s weird. You get along with almost everyone in this shop, everyone is just nice to each other and that’s a really nice thing. I like that. Even though I spent a week for just work experience I learned a lot of stuff.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Within the company, the staff don't seem to be a priority and not only are they not taken care of in the correct manner, but neither are the customers.
Cons
Disrespectful.
manager and co workers were amazingin, everybody was treated with equal respect.
i wished i had more hours on, as i only got about 8 hours of work a week. back then i was in high school, so i guess i can undstand why.
Pros
excellent work evnironment
Cons
did not get enough working hours
Harris Scarfe has been a good casual job and gave me all the basic tools to succeed in a workplace. The workplace culture is not too bad, although did feel as though some casual employees were not as included as others.
Pros
friendly team members
Cons
not exposed to the knowledge of all departments
I have worked their for a week and I had a really good experience there. ii didn't get paid for it and it was great place to work in and communicate with staff and customers. so enjoyable
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harris Scarfe. Our community is ready to answer.