What would you suggest Harvey Norman management do to prevent employees from leaving?
Where do i start?
1. Pay decent wages - either put everyone on a higher base and then give bonuses for good salespeople or make commission % higher
2. Stop franchisees setting unrealistic targets for their salespeople
3. Treat employees with respect - don't talk down to them and accept that they are not 5 year olds getting a lecture
4. When getting a new employee, give them time to train and learn the system rather than throwing them to the wolves
5. Be positive - look for the successes employees have rather than criticising any small thing.
6. Care for them. If franchisees show that they care about their employees, the employees will accordingly try their hardest and are more likely to bend over backwards for the franchisee. Carrot, not the stick.
I was casual but I loved it. Definitely helped me get through uni. The people become a work family and its great working with them. Our boss was fantastic! Always treating us to a trip or concert tickets and would give us the arvy off.
Low pay, franchisee who failed to treat employees with any respect, lack of training, dislike of conflict created by high targets and low commission.