Play YouTube video button
Harvey Norman
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Harvey Norman Employee Reviews

Australia322 reviews
Featured review
Harvey Norman selected this as a representative review
I have had many jobs but I love harvey norman
I have had many experiences with harvey Norman, from being a Sale Specialist in the Bedding department, to Managing an Electrical Computer Store in a Small country town. I believe Harvey Norman is an amazing company in the way it looks after it's ppl. If you really want to make money, in Sales then Harvey Norman is the way to go. You get out of it what you put in, if you want a 9 to 5 Job, then Harvey Norman is not for you. It is busy, and you have to learn your stuff, the Harvey Norman way. I would love to be able to work at Harvey Norman again but due to illness I have retired very early. If Customer Services is for you Harvey Norman is a great place to start as you really can build a great business for your self with HN, and even Travel overseas to work in their other stores.
Pros
Great Income, Stable Enployment, Career building, Travel.
Cons
7 days a week operation, but I don't really think it's a con, as that weekends are when you make your Money.šŸ˜
Do not apply here.
There is no flexibility as you can't wfh regardless of the situation with covid.
The IT project manager is clueless and he doesn't know what he is talking about most of the time. He is confused about the difference between a Project Coordinator and an admin role. They want to find someone they can pay as a Junior while doing a senior job. If you are smarter than them then they will tell you that you are only just an admin.
Working at Harvey Norman
I typical day at work would be answering phone calls, doing invoices and computer work, helping out customers and paperwork.
I learned how to invoice and a lot of computer work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was greeting customers and helping them out with what they needed
Coronavirus
Wasn't there long enough to comment on the workplace culture, Coronavirus cut my employment short.
Great bunch of guys to work with in the Warehouse.. Was sad to have to leave.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Unknown
Dont judge a book by its cover
Seemingly perfect environment but very competative, stressful and clicky. If youre not in sales you will never recieve above 45000 a year even in if you want to work in administration.
Great place to work majority of the time
Great team and place to work and lots of avenues for support. Can be stressful in busier periods but as to be expected in retail. Lots of opportunity for growth and potential earnings
Happy with Harvey Norman
The position was only over Christmas period and would have loved to keep working for them. I enjoyed the time I did spent there. Everyone was really friendly.
Very low pay
I was at Taren point Harvey Norman and after 7 ten hour days I was only paid $773 for 70 hours of hard work,and that works out to about $11 an hour and they thought that was acceptable, I didn't and quit, so this place is a total ripoff for the employee,so don't work there.
Not a great place for a casual job.
As a casual worker, it was made obvious that my job was not really a priority. I enjoyed the work that I did there, but being placed alongside full-time employees that saw me as their own revenue raiser (pawning off bad sales), and management who couldn't care less about that it was hard to make a commission.
I have a happy nature
I love working in a team environment and enjoy helping and serving customers at my work place,

I am a very happy and positive person and most of my customers know that about me when they come in to the store, we do have lots of regular customers,

I do occasionally get out of my comfort zone and help customers with wanting to purchase an item and are unable to get a salesperson to help.

I am looking for another job because the store I am working at is closing and they are not renewing the lease of the building.
I worked in administration mostly doing accounts work doing Debtors and Banking. Management was terrible as was training no support and your basically thrown in the deep end. I was bullied by my Manager and in the end I couldnā€™t take it. The girls I worked with were nice however no one talked apart from when the Manager left the room. Overall it was not a pleasant experience or work environment.
Apply if you are a beast of a sales
Pays well if you know how to sell Monster products and extended service policy. Know how to sell audio. Don't get angry at the prop. Come to work hungry for sales commission. And practice darts. Great company if you work for the right prop. Never ever work for prop Dion. Worst lying unfair prop ever. Good in the beginning but he is a wolf.
Interesting and difficult place to work
A typical 9 to 5 job, with weekend hours. I learnt how to deal with customers and external partners to ensure quality service was provided. Having a work-life balance was a struggle due to staffing requirements.
productive, friendly
have learnt more about retail whilst working at harvey norman,
i get to learn more about retail and the business side of things.

some times it can be a little stressful but everyone works together and helps to make it a positive environment

i have also made new friends who are very friendly and positive
was a great place to work. staff was so friendly and helpfully.
i had so much fun at harvey norman!! the staff there was fantastic! always willing to help everyone out there was no stress at all.. we used to go out outside of work too and it was the best nights ever. would work there again if i didnt love my job as a hairdresser.
Pros
we got 45 minutes everyday for lunch
Cons
9 till 5 5 days a week.
Bullying
They will bully you and then turn against you and make out like you are a bully for standing up for yourself full of arrogant and ignorant management I would not wish this place on anyone even the managers bully and get away with it
Don't Do It
Unprofessional incompetent manager and supervisor. Absolutely hands off with no soft skills whatsoever. Bullying and harassment was rife. Workers were encouraged to compete and fight with each. Expected to work back without pay. Unsafe work practices were encouraged by management. The worst people I have ever worked for/with. Absolute toxic and dangerous environment, both physically and psychologically. Run while you can.
$20 per hour . Heavy lifting, bullying and likelihood of sustaining injury
I have a back injury during my day in Harvey Norman.

The manager was a racist

She always bullied me

I was doing the hardest job. They underpaid they workers especially those in the warehouse that does the difficult job of heavy lifting and
Productive, fast-paced, multi-tasking, fun, team oriented.
Reward for effort, highly competitive sales culture. Team ethos, reasonable work-life balance. Customer service skills and multi-tasking skills imperative.
Productive, interesting
Great company, great pay, awesome colleagues overall probably the best company so many opportunity's to go to after you leave there, working there gave me so much customer experience ect
Boring and confusing
No one knows how to teach new employees how to do the work. Most of the time you are trying to figure out what is even going on. It is a terrible place and they need to fix it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey Norman. Our community is ready to answer.