Play YouTube video button

Harvey Norman Employee Reviews

Featured review
Harvey Norman selected this as a representative review
I have had many jobs but I love harvey norman
2IC Manager and Sales Specials in Bedding (Former Employee) –  Rothwell QLD and Gunnadah NSW11 November 2018
I have had many experiences with harvey Norman, from being a Sale Specialist in the Bedding department, to Managing an Electrical Computer Store in a Small country town. I believe Harvey Norman is an amazing company in the way it looks after it's ppl. If you really want to make money, in Sales then Harvey Norman is the way to go. You get out of it what you put in, if you want a 9 to 5 Job, then Harvey Norman is not for you. It is busy, and you have to learn your stuff, the Harvey Norman way. I would love to be able to work at Harvey Norman again but due to illness I have retired very early. If Customer Services is for you Harvey Norman is a great place to start as you really can build a great business for your self with HN, and even Travel overseas to work in their other stores.
Pros
Great Income, Stable Enployment, Career building, Travel.
Cons
7 days a week operation, but I don't really think it's a con, as that weekends are when you make your Money.😁
bad franchise
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Paget QLD15 June 2019
working the first 2 years was great first full time job low pay but i was young and didnt have that much bills getting recognized for my hard work and then everthing changed with the new franchisie work hard and hard everyday and would pick on the littlest thing would unload a truck and put everything away in one day and sit for 5 min rest and would say why were sitting around when literally everything is done floors spotless and would see one leaf and tell us to tidy the floor
Pros
time management
Cons
franchise
Supportive Team Members
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Victoria13 June 2019
Any day at work can make conformable by maintaining a good rapport within the team members. By resolving the technical issues and well as general issues within the time frame can be achieved by team work only.
Can be tough, but very rewarding
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 June 2019
Was alittle stressful at first, but having a great team allowed me to easily get used to the competitive environment. Commissions mean that it can be incredibly rewarding work. Great team, got along real well.
WAs a friendly environment to work in
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Barker SA23 May 2019
I only worked here for a short period, team was very accepting and helpful. While working there whenever I was confused i would receive very good guidance from the other more experienced staff members.
Workplace was unprofessional
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 May 2019
The pay was really minimum wage, for working in the administration part of the company. $20 an hour for full time accounts role is not enough. We now know where they make their profits from.
Pros
Cons
Pay rate. Non professional
Its a casual job so Im not homeless
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eastern Suburbs Perth19 May 2019
Management has gone through some changes since I've started, which was mostly good. There is inhouse drama as there is in any workplace but regardless its there. Most of my coworkers are lovely to work with, other stores can be very full-on though and sale hungry. I've received consistent hours and genuine encouragement but it doesn't seem like this job will really go anywhere.
On weekends theres a coffee machine representative so free coffees on weekends :)
Pros
Paid to do nothing - Plus the discounts
Cons
Paid to do nothing
sociable and fun in some stores
Hardware Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 May 2019
come in have a meeting with staff, set up displays and turn on all computers.

stock shelfs and prepare for customers then open the store
though out the day the main job is to build a strong relationship to close sales.
Pros
a lot of product training provided
Cons
long hours and a lot of KPIS
Good place to work. Good envirmonment
Administrative Debtor Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alexandria NSW15 April 2019
I have learned new things with working in a retail department. I have enjoyed my time here with good environment, exposing myself to retail industry and working with franchisees
Not great for a temp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2019
Worked in the Head Office in Sydney NSW. Lack of helpfulness from staff and management. 4 new temps were handling complaints about deliveries and when asked for help, it was pushed on to someone else and so forth. The permanent staff there were lazy and unenthusiastic, lack of customer service from their behalf.
Great workspace environment
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Silverwater NSW9 April 2019
Great workspace environment. Small and efficient number of colleges, that are all driven with goals.
I've obtained experiences on how to manage a warehouse for import and exports of materials, to also dealing with current and new sales and customers.
Work in Harvey Norman Life
Part Time Technician and Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU29 March 2019
Work in Computer Section. Do Sales and Technical and repair job every days.

In this job, I learn a lot selling skill and the skill to solving customer issue and listen to customer and the way to meet difference kind of KPI targets

in the workplace culture, during this 5 years, I met and work with difference culture manager and colleague. Generally, in Harvey Norman is nice and we are always self motivation and feel satisfaction.

Hardest part of this job is meeting the ridiculous customer

Happiest is excellent work life balance and got good support from Head office
Pros
feel Comfortable and good work life balance
Cons
not many promotion chance and manager is kept changed by head office
productive work
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU22 March 2019
its very buzy morning always with the new technique everyday. and management team including 4 team member always ready to help with multicultural enviroment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
far from home
It is a great place to work and meet new people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Osborne Park WA10 March 2019
Everyone is really nice, everyone is looking to help everyone out. I would recommend a job at Harvey Norman to everyone. You can learn lots of new skills and are able to move up ranks while you are there
Awful management and high school antics
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC7 March 2019
Worked at Harvey Norman for 2 years and it was fine for a while however it went downhill very quickly. Extremely unprofessional environment, managers choose favourites and do not take staff seriously. No care for employees, no ethics and extreme incidences of unlawful behaviour.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Having a great team makes it easier to work
Part-time Sales - Furniture (Former Employee) –  Midland WA21 February 2019
Each store is different but overall all staff are friendly and are willing to help out. The staff discount are fantastic. If you work hard you are recognised for it. You need to be highly organised and priorities your work as some days can be challenging. But a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
All staff are friendly, staff discounts
Fun workplace
Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Horsham VIC19 February 2019
Fun time working for Harvey Norman but I didn’t want to be in charge anymore. But overall fantastic company
Plus side you get to meet some amazing people
Pros
Car
Cons
Encouraging environment and the ability to increase your pay
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 February 2019
A good space to learn about products in an encouraging environment. Benefits such as insentives which encourages you to sell more and therefore receive more money
Pros
Insentives
very productive
Forklift driver / all rounder (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU15 February 2019
it was quite busy and fast paced but was also great as they care for your well being and would teach you new skills. Other employees would also help you if you ever need it and would show you how to use new technology that enters the warehouse system.
Pros
free frozen drinks on hot days
Cons
gets very busy and humid
Harvey Norman
Sales Support Supervisor/Head Coordinator Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 February 2019
Harvey norman, dont want to write a review so i will just have to enter this in as filler so that i can progress to the next step of finishing off my application
Pros
Harvey Norman
Cons
Harvey Norman
Productive and enjoyable
Photo Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD29 December 2018
the co-workers at Harvey Norman Townsville are very supportive, encouraging individuals. They all assisted in educating me of the skills required to efficiently and correctly perform the tasks required of me to a satisfactory level,
Pros
Supportive Employees and flexible lunch times
Cons
I found no cons in this role. I thoroughly enjoyed myself

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey Norman. Our community is ready to answer.