Harvey Norman Employee Reviews

Not great for a temp
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2019
Worked in the Head Office in Sydney NSW. Lack of helpfulness from staff and management. 4 new temps were handling complaints about deliveries and when asked for help, it was pushed on to someone else and so forth. The permanent staff there were lazy and unenthusiastic, lack of customer service from their behalf.
Great workspace environment
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Silverwater NSW9 April 2019
Great workspace environment. Small and efficient number of colleges, that are all driven with goals.
I've obtained experiences on how to manage a warehouse for import and exports of materials, to also dealing with current and new sales and customers.
Work in Harvey Norman Life
Part Time Technician and Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU29 March 2019
Work in Computer Section. Do Sales and Technical and repair job every days.

In this job, I learn a lot selling skill and the skill to solving customer issue and listen to customer and the way to meet difference kind of KPI targets

in the workplace culture, during this 5 years, I met and work with difference culture manager and colleague. Generally, in Harvey Norman is nice and we are always self motivation and feel satisfaction.

Hardest part of this job is meeting the ridiculous customer

Happiest is excellent work life balance and got good support from Head office
Pros
feel Comfortable and good work life balance
Cons
not many promotion chance and manager is kept changed by head office
productive work
Accounts Payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU22 March 2019
its very buzy morning always with the new technique everyday. and management team including 4 team member always ready to help with multicultural enviroment.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
far from home
Awful management and high school antics
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maribyrnong VIC7 March 2019
Worked at Harvey Norman for 2 years and it was fine for a while however it went downhill very quickly. Extremely unprofessional environment, managers choose favourites and do not take staff seriously. No care for employees, no ethics and extreme incidences of unlawful behaviour.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Having a great team makes it easier to work
Part-time Sales - Furniture (Former Employee) –  Midland WA21 February 2019
Each store is different but overall all staff are friendly and are willing to help out. The staff discount are fantastic. If you work hard you are recognised for it. You need to be highly organised and priorities your work as some days can be challenging. But a fantastic company to work for.
Pros
All staff are friendly, staff discounts
Fun workplace
Franchisee (Former Employee) –  Horsham VIC19 February 2019
Fun time working for Harvey Norman but I didn’t want to be in charge anymore. But overall fantastic company
Plus side you get to meet some amazing people
Pros
Car
Cons
Encouraging environment and the ability to increase your pay
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 February 2019
A good space to learn about products in an encouraging environment. Benefits such as insentives which encourages you to sell more and therefore receive more money
Pros
Insentives
very productive
Forklift driver / all rounder (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU15 February 2019
it was quite busy and fast paced but was also great as they care for your well being and would teach you new skills. Other employees would also help you if you ever need it and would show you how to use new technology that enters the warehouse system.
Pros
free frozen drinks on hot days
Cons
gets very busy and humid
Harvey Norman
Sales Support Supervisor/Head Coordinator Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 February 2019
Harvey norman, dont want to write a review so i will just have to enter this in as filler so that i can progress to the next step of finishing off my application
Pros
Harvey Norman
Cons
Harvey Norman
Productive and enjoyable
Photo Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD29 December 2018
the co-workers at Harvey Norman Townsville are very supportive, encouraging individuals. They all assisted in educating me of the skills required to efficiently and correctly perform the tasks required of me to a satisfactory level,
Pros
Supportive Employees and flexible lunch times
Cons
I found no cons in this role. I thoroughly enjoyed myself
Negative culture of toxic proportions.
Customer Service Officer - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Cambridge TAS27 December 2018
Toxic environment with so much disgusting behaviour. Expectations of a person with 4 days training to be able to understand everything. Then gets animated when I was unsure.
Franchisees need to go and do leadership and management training on how to speak to staff.

Staff treated like dirt. No one was honest with the franchisee. I walked and was glad I did.

I would not work for that particular franchisee ever.

Learn some people skills.

However there are many under paid and over worked people in HN.

Step up JH.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Franchisees that have no people skills
Depressing place
Computer sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 December 2018
You can’t have ethics in this department, you must point the customer to the product that give you the most commission.
If a staff allowed a customer to return a product, that stuff would have to pay the loss.
FT - 38 hours any more and you will not be paid extra... that is no time in lieu, no over time, no penalty rates etc. because you earn high commission it’s expected you’ll make more than penalty rates... (lies).
However you are working 48hours a week... therefore one day unpaid..
for a new person this is an absolute joke as you got minimum wage, worked the most hours and got little commission due to knowledge.

No training, expect for an imbecile of a man on a video trying to ‘teach you how to sell’. Thrown into the deep and expected to ‘butterfly’ within the hour.

If resignation notice is handed in within the 6 months of probation, the manager will have a meeting to say you failed probation therefore not having to tell HR why you left...

It is not busy until holidays periods otherwise dead af.
Pros
Sale staff nice, discounts on products
Cons
Unethical, not to fairwork standards, long hours with no pay
good mix of staff
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, Qld, AU30 November 2018
good staff. very busy store over xmas period which made an exciting environment to work in. online training available to prep you for new and present products.
Stable Retail
AV/IT Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Kennedy WA28 November 2018
Working at the port kennedy store was brilliant. I moved to the Mandurah store which was still good, but not great. Cashiering can be quite boring unless its super busy so thats where harvey norman could utilise their staff a bit more by having them attend to admin job between customers.
Former Employee, Electronics department, Bennetts Green
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bennetts Green NSW23 November 2018
Condescending and arrogant Franchise. Who expected the world from his employees with little to no appreciation or reward for your efforts.

Need a day off ? Don't even think about it.
Call in sick? Good luck
Want to work overtime without being asked? You got it
Weekend Rates? Mate your dreaming
Decent Commission? If their is a sale and its below a certain profit percentage you literally have commission deducted from you.

To recap, if you love being spoken down to, have no life outside of work, enjoy working hard to rarely make upwards of $5 in commission on a single purchase, than this is the job for you!
Pros
You can earn upwards of 55k and thats about it which isnt bad for a retail job, its a simple minded job, get to talk to people.
Cons
Management are rude and simple minded, weekend work, no time off throughout chrissy period, work public holidays, in comparison to other ''Sales" jobs the pay is terrible
fun place
Assistant technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, AU13 November 2018
I loved working for Harvey Norman, mainly because I was able to learn so much from their experienced staff who constantly poured their inspiration within me. And i would proudly say that i once worked their.
I have had many jobs but I love harvey norman
2IC Manager and Sales Specials in Bedding (Former Employee) –  Rothwell QLD and Gunnadah NSW11 November 2018
I have had many experiences with harvey Norman, from being a Sale Specialist in the Bedding department, to Managing an Electrical Computer Store in a Small country town. I believe Harvey Norman is an amazing company in the way it looks after it's ppl. If you really want to make money, in Sales then Harvey Norman is the way to go. You get out of it what you put in, if you want a 9 to 5 Job, then Harvey Norman is not for you. It is busy, and you have to learn your stuff, the Harvey Norman way. I would love to be able to work at Harvey Norman again but due to illness I have retired very early. If Customer Services is for you Harvey Norman is a great place to start as you really can build a great business for your self with HN, and even Travel overseas to work in their other stores.
Pros
Great Income, Stable Enployment, Career building, Travel.
Cons
7 days a week operation, but I don't really think it's a con, as that weekends are when you make your Money.😁
this place sucks
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 November 2018
Harvey Naorman expects a lot but gives nothing in return. The Managers get all the perks and treat their staff like idiots. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
there is none
Cons
Management suck
Great
Warehouse Storeperson (Current Employee) –  Taren Point NSW28 October 2018
Been here almost a whole year, but since im no longer in the shire I have to change stores or jobs altogether. they pay and provide training and the people are very ncie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvey Norman. Our community is ready to answer.