Hatch
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hatch Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
Great environment to develop and progress career although this depended on line manager. Culture changed a lot when there was a change in CEO and this impacted morale
Hatch has highly talented individuals who are super-friendly and supportive. Great team players. The management at Hatch do need to re-think their strategy to enable success for young management consultants.
Pros
Lunch and Learn, team development session
Cons
unrealistic expectations from managers
A good and enjoyable place to work. learnt a lot from management who always had an open door policy. The culture was great and we often enjoyed after work activities with our team.
A typical day at work for me would be continuously working on how to communicate with the different personalities within the team. I learnt a lot within the team, from contracts and the information that goes in to it down to how important the integrity of data is that goes into the system.
The hardest part of the job was adjusting my working style to suit each individual within the team and keeping the peace.

The most enjoyable part was being able to work with such fantastic, hardworking, dedicated people.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
I was a manger at Hatch, travelled a lot to review estimates and project controls for major projects. The job was easy and enjoyable as I was hands on with my staff. I mostly enjoy bringing my staff to higher level by given them personal training in cost control & estimating.
Pros
I was mainly my own Boss
Cons
If there was a problem i would have to fix it
Designing piping layouts, going to design meetings. Generally a good bunch of people to work with
Management where good to get along with

Meeting end dates

See the finished job either in a model or on site during construction
Pros
Free drinks & food on completion
Cons
Weekend work
A proud heritage of providing specialist engineering consultancy services. I enjoyed the casual approach internally mixed with a strong attention to detail and sincerity when it came to client satisfaction.
I have enjoyed working at Hatch, up to August 2016 I was always busy with Projects, unfortunately since then I feel that I am not secure in my position any more.
Work was very full on, learned a lot of new skills.
The management within my department were great, friendly and helpful.

The other members of the team were great and easy to work alongside.

The job was long hours being a project and multiple deadlines.

We had team building outings which were fun and brought everyone together.
Pros
Free outings and lunches from time to time
Cons
Long Hours
I found Hatch to be a good place to work. It's a private company owned by share holders who work for Hatch and this is a positive element of the culture. My colleagues were great to work with.
Staff members are all look out for each other and are kind, but some of the higher up management team need to be more caring for when they are making one of their team members redundant.
Pros
Staff members are kind
Working along side fellow professionals in the various Engineering Fields, working as a team to deliver successful projects to clients. Applying out of the box thinking to solve issues that had the potential to impact on a successful project outcome.
Increasing the capacity, improving the process or the application of new technologies to address issues that impact the profit bottom line are some of the challenges faced on a daily basis.
Pros
Generosity
Cons
Limited to the type of service that can be delivered
Typical Oil & Gas Project.
Fast Pace Project with tight deadlines

Great Team of People

Milestone Celebrations
Pros
Fast Pase
Cons
Long Hours
Great people to work for and to work with
Good in house training

I enjoyed every day working at Hatch

Worked long but enjoyable hours

Learned a lot about cost engineering
Pros
Big family atmosphere
Cons
nil
Project Controls using all Alcoa, systems, procedures, policy, processes. More a seconded role that working within the Hatch business.
Good company to work for. Everyone was very helpful and collaborative, making project processes efficient and effective.
Typical work day began with an early morning Gym workout followed with contact to customers onsite or Suppliers of Goods and Services depending on the project I was on at the time.

I became proficient with a number of systems Oracle, iPas, Office suite, reverse auction platforms i.e. Ariba and free market.

Management was supportive and progressive enabling personal growth and encouraging innovation with a strong Safety culture.

Driving Suppliers was the part that was the hardest for me as it is against my character to be hard or aggressive with people to achieve goals, but was required to ensure that people followed the Specifications agreed to.

Amongst the best people I have met and worked with in my Career still friends with many.
Pros
Gym and morning teas
Cons
Being made redundant
Working in a Class-A Reserve environment (in Barrow Island) and modular type of oil & gas plant construction is very interesting and challenging while working with colleagues & workers from many countries & culture is enhancing and a very valuable experience.

An interesting part of my job role is navigating the management computer system, to obtain and process information for day-to-day project use and periodic management reporting.

Though an 11-hours workday, 7-days a week, working FIFO on a 20-days on/10-days off rotation is good.
Pros
Free meal, accommodation, and travel
Cons
Workers are confined in the camp after work hours as the location is a class-A reservation