Hatch Employee Reviews

Dedicated employees
HR Service Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 October 2018
A typical day at work for me would be continuously working on how to communicate with the different personalities within the team. I learnt a lot within the team, from contracts and the information that goes in to it down to how important the integrity of data is that goes into the system.
The hardest part of the job was adjusting my working style to suit each individual within the team and keeping the peace.
The most enjoyable part was being able to work with such fantastic, hardworking, dedicated people.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
I am one most experience estimator and project control person in Australia I have trained & mentor many staff.
Hub lead for Estimating, Cost Control and Planning (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW9 September 2018
I was a manger at Hatch, travelled a lot to review estimates and project controls for major projects. The job was easy and enjoyable as I was hands on with my staff. I mostly enjoy bringing my staff to higher level by given them personal training in cost control & estimating.
Pros
I was mainly my own Boss
Cons
If there was a problem i would have to fix it
good work enviroment
Senior Piping (Former Employee) –  Perth City WA26 June 2017
Designing piping layouts, going to design meetings. Generally a good bunch of people to work with
Management where good to get along with
Meeting end dates
See the finished job either in a model or on site during construction
Pros
Free drinks & food on completion
Cons
Weekend work
Positive work culture supported by specialist engineers
Senior Recruitment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD1 May 2017
A proud heritage of providing specialist engineering consultancy services. I enjoyed the casual approach internally mixed with a strong attention to detail and sincerity when it came to client satisfaction.
Unfortunately no job security at the moment
Project Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD31 January 2017
I have enjoyed working at Hatch, up to August 2016 I was always busy with Projects, unfortunately since then I feel that I am not secure in my position any more.
Hard work but good people
Senior Accounts Clerk (Current Employee) –  On Project Perth WA30 May 2016
Work was very full on, learned a lot of new skills.
The management within my department were great, friendly and helpful.
The other members of the team were great and easy to work alongside.
The job was long hours being a project and multiple deadlines.
We had team building outings which were fun and brought everyone together.
Pros
Free outings and lunches from time to time
Cons
Long Hours
Quality Manager / Lead Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 May 2016
I found Hatch to be a good place to work. It's a private company owned by share holders who work for Hatch and this is a positive element of the culture. My colleagues were great to work with.
Average workplace
Junior PA and Mailroom (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 April 2016
Staff members are all look out for each other and are kind, but some of the higher up management team need to be more caring for when they are making one of their team members redundant.
Pros
Staff members are kind
Challenging, Demanding, rewarding, generous
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW19 February 2016
Working along side fellow professionals in the various Engineering Fields, working as a team to deliver successful projects to clients. Applying out of the box thinking to solve issues that had the potential to impact on a successful project outcome.
Increasing the capacity, improving the process or the application of new technologies to address issues that impact the profit bottom line are some of the challenges faced on a daily basis.
Pros
Generosity
Cons
Limited to the type of service that can be delivered
Good Company to work for.
Senior Document Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA2 February 2016
Typical Oil & Gas Project.
Fast Pace Project with tight deadlines
Great Team of People
Milestone Celebrations
Pros
Fast Pase
Cons
Long Hours
Very professional company
Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA15 December 2015
Great people to work for and to work with
Good in house training
I enjoyed every day working at Hatch
Worked long but enjoyable hours
Learned a lot about cost engineering
Pros
Big family atmosphere
Cons
nil
Engineering Service Provider
Alcoa - Project Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Wagerup - Pinjarra - Wagerup23 November 2015
Project Controls using all Alcoa, systems, procedures, policy, processes. More a seconded role that working within the Hatch business.
Hatch Review
Student Architect (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD5 October 2015
Good company to work for. Everyone was very helpful and collaborative, making project processes efficient and effective.
Productive and happy place with own Gymnasium.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA15 January 2015
Typical work day began with an early morning Gym workout followed with contact to customers onsite or Suppliers of Goods and Services depending on the project I was on at the time.

I became proficient with a number of systems Oracle, iPas, Office suite, reverse auction platforms i.e. Ariba and free market.

Management was supportive and progressive enabling personal growth and encouraging innovation with a strong Safety culture.

Driving Suppliers was the part that was the hardest for me as it is against my character to be hard or aggressive with people to achieve goals, but was required to ensure that people followed the Specifications agreed to.

Amongst the best people I have met and worked with in my Career still friends with many.
Pros
Gym and morning teas
Cons
Being made redundant
A very valuable and experience-enhancing project
Area Lead Planner/Scheduler, Construction (Former Employee) –  Barrow Island, WA14 January 2015
Working in a Class-A Reserve environment (in Barrow Island) and modular type of oil & gas plant construction is very interesting and challenging while working with colleagues & workers from many countries & culture is enhancing and a very valuable experience.

An interesting part of my job role is navigating the management computer system, to obtain and process information for day-to-day project use and periodic management reporting.

Though an 11-hours workday, 7-days a week, working FIFO on a 20-days on/10-days off rotation is good.
Pros
Free meal, accommodation, and travel
Cons
Workers are confined in the camp after work hours as the location is a class-A reservation