Hays Employee Reviews

Working for Hays as a casual worker
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Western Australia15 June 2018
Great company to work for. Fair salary and plenty of jobs out there. Also another great aspect is flexibility - I could take 3 months off and there was always work for me whenever I was ready.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Dissapointing
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 November 2018
I worked for Hays In the past and worked almost everyday through my consultant at the time. With a few years gap I worked for Hays again and was happy with their professionalism and the amount of work I received. More recently I asked to work with them again and was told I could. I was sick the one day they offered me work and the consultant made a disparaging remark about an interview I hadn’t been told that I was unsuccessful in. It was very rude and hinted at a form of toxic bullying. It made me realise not to continue working there. Very disappointing that no one properly spoke to me about the failed interview. I already realised it was not the right fit, but had expected the same professionalism I had experienced in the past. They also sent me to the wrong area for this interview and wasted my time hugely as I was planning on continuing working with them. I have always had excellent feedback as a casual through agencies while working in childcare and kindergarten. Very disappointing! Also the Pu rates have remained stable for many many years!
Pros
None right now
Cons
All of the above!
Hays has been a great long term and secure position for me.
FIFO Temp,Head Chef/Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 September 2018
Great work-life balance.
Great boss/agent/manager.
Having worked for Hays for 8 years, I can say that they have been a secure source of work and income.
As a contract temp chef for them, the more you put in, the more you get out.
no advancement, delayed pay, first one in gets it.
Labourer / Labour Hire (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 July 2018
Hays is great for finding temporary work fast, advancement into a full time position not so much. The pay day is a week and a half after your shift at times depending on what day of the week you land work. The industry has a high tax rate and the coordinators work on a first one to take the job wins kind of approach. Overall not a bad company but for continued earnings and reliable income, would not recommend a mate.
Friendly and fun environment, whilst remaining professionaland motivating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 January 2019
A very rewarding place to work, keeping staff members motivated and hard working. This made Hays very successful in what they do. I enjoyed my time here and would not have left if it wasn't for visa reasons.
My Recruiter/Handler is very helpful
Casual Chef (Current Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD2 January 2019
She always makes it a point that she would find me jobs. They would also understand if you won't be available in certain dates. How they look after people sets them apart above the rest.
Terrible hourly rate, no job security and dishonest recruitment staff
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Geelong and melbourne25 August 2018
Avoid at all cost. Recruitment staff are dishonest and will say anything to get you to site. They work on commission.

They advertise above award wages when they don't and if lucky may pay 50 cents above award. The award is so low no electrican would work for it.

They have you travel long distances to sites even when other sites have work much closer. This is due to the commission they take from your hourly rate. They compete against other hays recruiting staff. They lie about hourly rate and site conditions. Which you don't find out about until your on site. They promise better pay on future sites which they don't and will never have work at.

For example was told of construction site where i would be paid eba union rate and conditions and that they will get me on site asap. I ended up on the site in question not only was it not a union site but hays had never been approached to recruit electricans for the site.

Labour hire are middle men that should not exist and profit off the worker to the tune of $30 per hour that you work. This money is the difference between you getting by and you struggling to pay bills and eat.

The Labour hire industry needs to regulated and licensed or outlawed to ensure people like hays don't erode workers pay and conditions any further.
Pros
Minimum wage
Cons
Minimum hour rate, charge you out at $60 per hour + and pocket over half for themsevels
Have worked with Hays for the Past 15 years
Construction - Labouring - Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 August 2018
Like the varied Experiences and Jobs that I have done. Going to various Jobs when required is always interesting, new people, new tasks. Like to be appreciated for the work that I do when I am requested to remain on jobs.
Pros
Going to one Job then called to another - nice to be noticed for the job I do
Cons
Sometimes Jobs are hard to get to - but if I can I will.
Amazing
Factory Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 November 2018
Fantastic employer, plenty of work, always paid correctly, friendly staff, never a problem when submitting timesheets, helpful, supplied PPE also, easy going
Good, reliable agency.
Temporary Day Labourer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool18 September 2018
Agency that found me good consistent work in the construction industry. Very helpful staff and very considerate in terms of the placements provided. Recommend!
good place to work
HV Electrical/Instrument Tradesperson (Former Employee) –  Western Australia21 July 2018
good place with lots of variety, pay was always on time.Very supportive organisation and kept in contact with you regarding safety issues. Would work for hays again..
great team to work for
Contract Receptionist/ Typist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 July 2018
Love the variety of work available and team are very supportive
local work, meets your needs,
great they visit location of work you are assigned to check everything is going well.
Good in payroll management
Data consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 June 2018
All good as per client requirement.
Workplace is good.
Assisted in as Data Consultant and provided best support.
Researched and registered for community fairs and events
Participated in training booth volunteers
Coordinated in project requirements
Professional
Part-time administration work (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW22 May 2018
Unfortunately I have only had one job assignment from HAYS. The work was enjoyable. I was assigned a job in a construction company to assist with filing and making copies for a project manual.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
not enough work
Substandard Labour Hire Sharks
DEMOLITION LABOURER (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 February 2018
-7am-2pm
-learned how to barrow concrete
-what management, i was labour hire on assignment
-incompetent workplace culture
-hardest part of job is inflexibility by them but you are expected to bend anyway they want
-leaving
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great company to work for if you are a graduate and learning.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW31 January 2018
Hays is great for graduates and people who hasn't been exposed to the corporate workforce. It is very structured and you learn a lot. However flexibility is terrible and people management is handed to people just because that is the next step not because they deserve it which creates a revolving door. Great incentives and has a dynamic work environment to push out big numbers.
these folks are full of untruths and do not care
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 March 2018
they lie at the interview, they dont come true with their promises, dont pay as they promise and are a complete let down, have talked with too many sparkies since that all agree that hays are a joke
Pros
if u need work and money they are a short time opportunity
Cons
pay sucks, promise everything but dont deliver
Run you around 1000 places low pay heaps of British labourers ypu feel like odd one out
Labourer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Everything31 March 2018
You apply for advertised position they say you sound eligible you register they call different job run you around do different jobs most hays labourers said the exact same thing..
Pros
Zero
Cons
Use you run your around
comment on workplace culture
Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 December 2017
normal hour doing what assignment through the day given task.using tools to sanding,grinding and spraying equipment and operating forklift.in between level 50/50 understanding passing and delegate yo personnel/casual worker or contractors.the workplace are fair and equal opportunity culture.the work loads and confine space in the paint shop section.sharing little of joke and sense of humor.
Pros
Bbq
Cons
rush job and less overtime given to casual worker
Good skills but Under paid
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Government21 March 2017
I worked for hays nearly 3 months and I found they are taking 40% my salary for recruiting me for one of the government agency.

They are the liers
Pros
Quick turnaround
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.