Hays
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hays Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Long hours, working in remote locations

Hays was the contractor that sent us to different locations to work. when I worked for them we were only paid twenty five dollars per hour, I am lead to believe that that has now improved to over 30 dollars per hour. the hours were long and we were not paid any penalty rates or holiday pay.

Pros

Meals included, as well as accomodation

Cons

away from family

Responsive with your queries, accurate information , professionalism

Satisfaction, well organised team management , Great work ethic , just always be ready on your next assignment , competitive salary , they care for your well being ,

Pros

Well compensated, all your hardwork

Nice staff

Very helpful staff when giving out the right positions for the qualified and to pay on time without any hassle, also always friendly of them to ask how the work is going.

Easy access, And very , very nice team at Hays

Working for Hays at Melville counsel was a real eye opener for me, the crew there were so friendly and supportive of me as a new team member and friendships grew to a point of honesty and loyalty.

Pros

supportive friendships.

Cons

not enough celebrations.

Workers was very helpfull

Hay placed me in a professional environment places where i grew my skill for better and better position . i choose to work for council where i have different challenges and learn how to deal with public customers relating matters

Pros

Cons

Normal hours

Very good

Have not problems they all good with jobs excellent communcation great variety of work great people learn new skills and gain new goals about myself.

Pros

Work on going

Productive, positive & friendly

Productive, positive & friendly if you do a good job on every site you will never be out of work. you have to call to check in at Hays on every site, Flying in and out of site.

Pros

Get to chose were and when you want to work

Cons

The people on site may not all ways be nice to you

to long between jobs

not answering the phone if you ring up with a question and not having all the appropriate answers. like what tools to take, how long they will want you for stuff like that.

Pros

no problems with getting paid

Cons

when at the job, being look down on as scum

Worst place I have ever worked

I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Extremely unprofessional and toxic workplace culture stemming from the directors down. I didn't even last 6 months at this company. This place took a mental toll on me and I didn't realise exactly how bad it was until I left. There is a culture of competitiveness, bullying, people having outside of work relationships (if you know what I mean... affairs the works) - mainly managers and directors from what I gathered whilst I was there. It is not a place for kind and good people. Its a breeding ground for bad people and a terrible environment to work in, being overworked, run down, bullied and judged. They make you work 8-5.30pm everyday and it is expected you do overtime and dont get paid for it. Im surprised fair work haven't been into this place. If you are a company looking to use hays dont do it and if you are looking to work there... well here is your warning.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bullying, manipulation, toxic culture

Hays Standards has dropped dramacially

Their standards of dealing with people sending them to work, PPE uniform, the kind of worker's they employ has dramalily drop way below standards U have no experience on same rate as an experience worker, uniforms and PPE are do not cover the many tasks u are assigned to, There has not been any sort of followup or How you going when u head out to site , Hays Standards a loss

Pros

Your in work

Cons

Uniforms, lack of experience no follow ups

I have always found my contact at Hays to be courteous and helpful. The work offered was always challenging and I enjoyed getting to know my work places and forming new relationships.

Pros

Pay rates are great

Cons

Follow up can be a little lax

Outstanding until......

I had the job already as I got a referral from a friend. But, there were others onsite on the construction job that I was working on and there were huge differences - I was paid more I had regular contact If I had issues they were resolved. The support was great while I was working on the construction site. However, as soon as I had finished the support dropped as my account manager went on maternity leave and i was forgotten. (btw this was prior to corona) I will still recommend highly above other companies

Bad company

They take advantage of key workers in a crisis by paying them half the hourly rate of pay, While the cost of living skyrockets. In hays ive seen Trade assistants with no qualifications make more than fully qualified electricians with all their tickets.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Rate of pay is the dumps

Great office team.

Great office team. Career progression regularly advertised, let go due to coronavirus. Some days extremely quiet, other days extremely busy, needing to think quick on feet, high pressure.

Very bad management

Don’t work with Hays. Have very bad management service and a lots of favouritism and racism happened with workers and recipients don’t have respect when talking on the phone with workers and a lot more...............................

Had a good time working at hays. Would love to work again with them.

They are very supportive and take care of you while on work and always make sure that you do not face any problems. They ask you that whether you are satisfied with your job and you do not feel suppressed by your colleagues or seniors.

Positive experience

This was a temporary position and the recruitment consultant was very helpful and continued to contact me to ensure everything was going well. Due to being a good fit for the company, my contract was extended.

Unsupportive work environment

No support for long term casuals. Consultants dont care about the workers. You are a number and you can easily be replaced. No info given to casuals about their rights.

Productive work place

Productive work place Strong work area and cultural stability with proficient management and supervision - enabled me to grow and refine my skills and abilities

environement de travail agréable

bonne orientation vers les employeurs, réactivité, à l'écoute, bon taux horaire, adaptation, politesse,il ont fait preuve de profesionalisme

Great company from my experience

Hays ways a great company to work for and interact from my personal experience.. but they say people make a company so maybe I was very fortunate to deal with a few gems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hays