Hays

Hays Employee Reviews

Australia171 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 171 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,064 reviews

Fun culture, fast paced, low salary

I worked at Hays for almost a year, this was one of my first jobs in an office setting and the culture and environment was an excellent place to start off my career. I was lucky as I was within a good team, and that made my experience great. In terms of progression, unless you fit the stereotype personality they have in mind it’s hard to progress up, but definitely can be done just have to try to mould to that.Regarding salary, it was extremely low, almost minimum wage, and in the role I was in, there was no extra benefits or commissions, even though you contributed to the consultants reaching their commission. I believe they purposely hire candidates who don’t have much experience within an office setting as those people don’t realise how low the salary actually is. However, in saying that the experience and knowledge I gained from Hays helped set me up really well for future positions. I loved my time here, and I would recommend it as a starting point for anyone looking to work in an office setting.

Pros

Team culture, monthly drinks, skill building for future roles

Cons

Very low salary, Recruitment and working around recruiters can be stressful

Most enjoyable part of the job

Due to being offered shifts in different locations you meet a lot to people on the job and have the opportunity to create as many friendships as you please.

Would not recommend

The same old big corporation that pretends it is different and treats its employees well but it does not. It does not value its team or their work - only numbers on a sheet. The team environment is that of face value and if you look deeper you see that no one actually cares about each other. And all this for an extremely low joke of a wage!

Best Company I Have Worked For

Since joining this company in 2021 I have found it challenging yet super rewarding! The team and support I have around me each day it top notch. There is endless career growth and opportunity if you are willing to put in the effort. Working is a recruitment agency is always going to have its ups and downs but if you stick it out for the ups, none of the downs will matter.

One of the best Labour Hire Companies I've worked with

Internally they have had quite a few changes of staff due to Maternity and Personal Leave so sometimes you get lost in the transition, you just need to keep in touch yourself and make yourself known..... Over all, the past 4yrs have been pretty consistent. If I leave because of another Labour hire the can't wait to get me back.

Pros

pretty good pay rates

Cons

getting lost in the system sometimes

Great training but learn what you can and leave

Best place to start your career training wise but horrendous office culture, high turnover and ridicously low pay compared to rest of industry means learn what you can and jump ship to somewhere that actually places a value on staff retention and having good management

Pros

Training second to none

Cons

High turnover and low pay

Avoid the Perth office (Toxic, overworked and bad environment)

Hays (Perth) have a toxic/cliquey culture and most managers and directors are unprofessional and gossip. The management are bad and they promote anyone to a management role because they cant retain staff, so they have no other option. The turnover is terrible, 19 people left my team in the year that I was there. When you hand in your notice to go to another agency they walk you out the door, and ask questions that are none of their business such as "how did you get the job, did you apply or.." and have a poor attitude about it. Then they try to intimidate you around the whole situation. They also only praise 360 consultants. The commission is awful as a recruitment partner or consultant as well as the base salary- you can get better anywhere else. Then they have the audacity to brainwash their workers into thinking that Hays is the best agency to work at and you wont get a better experience at another company when in fact every employee who leaves is glad about their decision. Don't get treated like a number rather than a real person and avoid this company.

Pros

end of period drinks

Cons

everything

Avoid at all costs

Horrible place to work, severely underpaid for the work you do and the headache management you deal with. Go to any other recruitment agency for better pay and treatment.

Cons

Responsive with your queries, accurate information , professionalism

Satisfaction, well organised team management , Great work ethic , just always be ready on your next assignment , competitive salary , they care for your well being ,

Pros

Well compensated, all your hardwork

Nice staff

Very helpful staff when giving out the right positions for the qualified and to pay on time without any hassle, also always friendly of them to ask how the work is going.

Easy access, And very , very nice team at Hays

Working for Hays at Melville counsel was a real eye opener for me, the crew there were so friendly and supportive of me as a new team member and friendships grew to a point of honesty and loyalty.

Pros

supportive friendships.

Cons

not enough celebrations.

Long hours, working in remote locations

Hays was the contractor that sent us to different locations to work. when I worked for them we were only paid twenty five dollars per hour, I am lead to believe that that has now improved to over 30 dollars per hour. the hours were long and we were not paid any penalty rates or holiday pay.

Pros

Meals included, as well as accomodation

Cons

away from family

Workers was very helpfull

Hay placed me in a professional environment places where i grew my skill for better and better position . i choose to work for council where i have different challenges and learn how to deal with public customers relating matters

Pros

Cons

Normal hours

Very good

Have not problems they all good with jobs excellent communcation great variety of work great people learn new skills and gain new goals about myself.

Pros

Work on going

Productive, positive & friendly

Productive, positive & friendly if you do a good job on every site you will never be out of work. you have to call to check in at Hays on every site, Flying in and out of site.

Pros

Get to chose were and when you want to work

Cons

The people on site may not all ways be nice to you

to long between jobs

not answering the phone if you ring up with a question and not having all the appropriate answers. like what tools to take, how long they will want you for stuff like that.

Pros

no problems with getting paid

Cons

when at the job, being look down on as scum

Worst place I have ever worked

I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Extremely unprofessional and toxic workplace culture stemming from the directors down. I didn't even last 6 months at this company. This place took a mental toll on me and I didn't realise exactly how bad it was until I left. There is a culture of competitiveness, bullying, people having outside of work relationships (if you know what I mean... affairs the works) - mainly managers and directors from what I gathered whilst I was there. It is not a place for kind and good people. Its a breeding ground for bad people and a terrible environment to work in, being overworked, run down, bullied and judged. They make you work 8-5.30pm everyday and it is expected you do overtime and dont get paid for it. Im surprised fair work haven't been into this place. If you are a company looking to use hays dont do it and if you are looking to work there... well here is your warning.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bullying, manipulation, toxic culture

Hays Standards has dropped dramacially

Their standards of dealing with people sending them to work, PPE uniform, the kind of worker's they employ has dramalily drop way below standards U have no experience on same rate as an experience worker, uniforms and PPE are do not cover the many tasks u are assigned to, There has not been any sort of followup or How you going when u head out to site , Hays Standards a loss

Pros

Your in work

Cons

Uniforms, lack of experience no follow ups

I have always found my contact at Hays to be courteous and helpful. The work offered was always challenging and I enjoyed getting to know my work places and forming new relationships.

Pros

Pay rates are great

Cons

Follow up can be a little lax

Outstanding until......

I had the job already as I got a referral from a friend. But, there were others onsite on the construction job that I was working on and there were huge differences - I was paid more I had regular contact If I had issues they were resolved. The support was great while I was working on the construction site. However, as soon as I had finished the support dropped as my account manager went on maternity leave and i was forgotten. (btw this was prior to corona) I will still recommend highly above other companies

Bad company

They take advantage of key workers in a crisis by paying them half the hourly rate of pay, While the cost of living skyrockets. In hays ive seen Trade assistants with no qualifications make more than fully qualified electricians with all their tickets.

Pros

There are none

Cons

Rate of pay is the dumps

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hays with