Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hays Employee Reviews

Hays was the contractor that sent us to different locations to work. when I worked for them we were only paid twenty five dollars per hour, I am lead to believe that that has now improved to over 30 dollars per hour. the hours were long and we were not paid any penalty rates or holiday pay.
Pros
Meals included, as well as accomodation
Cons
away from family
Hay placed me in a professional environment places where i grew my skill for better and better position . i choose to work for council where i have different challenges and learn how to deal with public customers relating matters
Pros
Cons
Normal hours
Have not problems they all good with jobs excellent communcation great variety of work great people learn new skills and gain new goals about myself.
Pros
Work on going
Productive, positive & friendly if you do a good job on every site you will never be out of work. you have to call to check in at Hays on every site, Flying in and out of site.
Pros
Get to chose were and when you want to work
Cons
The people on site may not all ways be nice to you
not answering the phone if you ring up with a question and not having all the appropriate answers. like what tools to take, how long they will want you for stuff like that.
Pros
no problems with getting paid
Cons
when at the job, being look down on as scum
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Extremely unprofessional and toxic workplace culture stemming from the directors down. I didn't even last 6 months at this company. This place took a mental toll on me and I didn't realise exactly how bad it was until I left. There is a culture of competitiveness, bullying, people having outside of work relationships (if you know what I mean... affairs the works) - mainly managers and directors from what I gathered whilst I was there. It is not a place for kind and good people. Its a breeding ground for bad people and a terrible environment to work in, being overworked, run down, bullied and judged. They make you work 8-5.30pm everyday and it is expected you do overtime and dont get paid for it. Im surprised fair work haven't been into this place. If you are a company looking to use hays dont do it and if you are looking to work there... well here is your warning.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bullying, manipulation, toxic culture
I had the job already as I got a referral from a friend. But, there were others onsite on the construction job that I was working on and there were huge differences - I was paid more I had regular contact If I had issues they were resolved. The support was great while I was working on the construction site. However, as soon as I had finished the support dropped as my account manager went on maternity leave and i was forgotten. (btw this was prior to corona) I will still recommend highly above other companies
They take advantage of key workers in a crisis by paying them half the hourly rate of pay, While the cost of living skyrockets. In hays ive seen Trade assistants with no qualifications make more than fully qualified electricians with all their tickets.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Rate of pay is the dumps
Great office team. Career progression regularly advertised, let go due to coronavirus. Some days extremely quiet, other days extremely busy, needing to think quick on feet, high pressure.
Don’t work with Hays. Have very bad management service and a lots of favouritism and racism happened with workers and recipients don’t have respect when talking on the phone with workers and a lot more...............................
They are very supportive and take care of you while on work and always make sure that you do not face any problems. They ask you that whether you are satisfied with your job and you do not feel suppressed by your colleagues or seniors.
This was a temporary position and the recruitment consultant was very helpful and continued to contact me to ensure everything was going well. Due to being a good fit for the company, my contract was extended.
No support for long term casuals. Consultants dont care about the workers. You are a number and you can easily be replaced. No info given to casuals about their rights.
Productive work place Strong work area and cultural stability with proficient management and supervision - enabled me to grow and refine my skills and abilities
bonne orientation vers les employeurs, réactivité, à l'écoute, bon taux horaire, adaptation, politesse,il ont fait preuve de profesionalisme
Hays ways a great company to work for and interact from my personal experience.. but they say people make a company so maybe I was very fortunate to deal with a few gems.
excellent company to work for. they have an excellent management team. wages are always paid on time and accurate. the work life balance is not good for me but that is the client wanting to work a 5/2 roster
Hays was great, Thankyou, The tax threshold box is a bugger, But Hays is great, so thankyou and sorry for being confused and what not over the tax threshold stuff, They really get ya, Lesson learnt
Always keep in in work and great working with them compared to other labour hire company's Never stuff me around all pay was right every week supper payed
Good working hours with great environment plus supportive management Encourage multi-culture, also celebrate all king of festival & events. Excellent facilities & pro-active team.
I was relieving a employee over the xmas holiday's til he came back to work which I enjoyed much and was conscious that it was only a temporary position. Staff we're warm & welcoming and made me feel comfortable during my stay. Hardest part of the job is receiving late order's to go out same day considering it was xmas period. Completing your work most enjoyable part of the day as I felt accomplished.
Pros
Free sweet's e.g choc biscuits, chocolates, peanut's as xmas period
Cons
Not enough shift's but I knew it was only casual so not complaining