Hays Employee Reviews

Worst of the worst!!
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 March 2019
Avoid @ any cost!! WORST recruitment agency i've worked for. Just treat you as a number. Try to get every single cent from you possible while advertising as paying 'generous award rates'. I was paid bare minimum and when i asked about it, i was told they no longer will update my details on the system.
Pros
Cons
You're treated as a way of making money. Agents get paid a commission.
You can create an enjoyble workplace if anywhere you go... you enjoy what you do...
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Victoria5 February 2019
Everyday is a challenge, it only depends how you deal with it.

There's always something new to learn each day of your life.....

The most enjoyable part of the day is when you entre a room full of children, and they greet you with smiles and hugs...
It makes your day go smooth....

If you follow your policies and procedures, you won't have any troubles with your co-workers or management...
Good Notification
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Perth W.A.3 February 2019
Nothing negative,
All above board at present
Good communication between workers and staff on any concerns
Have only had a few jobs with them but all seems good for where I was placed..
Pros
continuous work
Cons
sometimes travel
Productive and fun work place
A GRADE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Perth St Georges Tce WA30 January 2019
Enjoyed the work experience with hays for over the years.Hoping to have the pleasure in continueing the working relationship in the future with the diversity of the hays cliental ie fmg.Bhp and rio tinto.
Very helpful
Utilities all rounder (Current Employee) –  Pilbara WA22 January 2019
Give the company a 10/10 as they always are there to help An guide you through the life you spend away working .The company is always emailing to see how you are as arriving on site and are you settled in.
Pros
Accomodation, lunch An dinner all free
Cons
The heat
good step up
Casual Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 January 2019
Is a great way to get your foot into the child care industry if you are just finishing studying however if you care looking for the financial security then this is not the place.
Great agency
Labourer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Bayswater VIC21 January 2019
Working with the working holiday visa Hays Recruitment supplied many short term jobs berfore Christmas without needing any tools which was extremely convenient.
good work opertunitys
Frontend Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW20 January 2019
Working with Hays was a good experience, they placed me in the work i was looking for at the time and continued to assist me with looking for more work after the contract had finished,
Pros
good pay
Cons
night work
Friendly and fun environment, whilst remaining professionaland motivating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 January 2019
A very rewarding place to work, keeping staff members motivated and hard working. This made Hays very successful in what they do. I enjoyed my time here and would not have left if it wasn't for visa reasons.
My Recruiter/Handler is very helpful
Casual Chef (Current Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD2 January 2019
She always makes it a point that she would find me jobs. They would also understand if you won't be available in certain dates. How they look after people sets them apart above the rest.

Want to know more about Hays?

Ask a question
Dissapointing
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC27 November 2018
I worked for Hays In the past and worked almost everyday through my consultant at the time. With a few years gap I worked for Hays again and was happy with their professionalism and the amount of work I received. More recently I asked to work with them again and was told I could. I was sick the one day they offered me work and the consultant made a disparaging remark about an interview I hadn’t been told that I was unsuccessful in. It was very rude and hinted at a form of toxic bullying. It made me realise not to continue working there. Very disappointing that no one properly spoke to me about the failed interview. I already realised it was not the right fit, but had expected the same professionalism I had experienced in the past. They also sent me to the wrong area for this interview and wasted my time hugely as I was planning on continuing working with them. I have always had excellent feedback as a casual through agencies while working in childcare and kindergarten. Very disappointing! Also the Pu rates have remained stable for many many years!
Pros
None right now
Cons
All of the above!
great place to work
FIFO Chef (Current Employee) –  weipa Sodexo26 November 2018
Sodexo in Weipa was a great place to work at. The weekly pay comes in handy when you are on a remote site as the cost for things are very expensive. The only downfall with Hays is the assignments are not consistent, e.g. I worked away for 3 weeks came home for my R&R and I am still at home that was 4 weeks ago. I'm getting bored need to get back into work. But other than the consistency Hays is a great company to work for.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough work
Amazing
Factory Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 November 2018
Fantastic employer, plenty of work, always paid correctly, friendly staff, never a problem when submitting timesheets, helpful, supplied PPE also, easy going
Good, reliable agency.
Temporary Day Labourer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool18 September 2018
Agency that found me good consistent work in the construction industry. Very helpful staff and very considerate in terms of the placements provided. Recommend!
Hays has been a great long term and secure position for me.
FIFO Temp,Head Chef/Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA8 September 2018
Great work-life balance.
Great boss/agent/manager.
Having worked for Hays for 8 years, I can say that they have been a secure source of work and income.
As a contract temp chef for them, the more you put in, the more you get out.
Terrible hourly rate, no job security and dishonest recruitment staff
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Geelong and melbourne25 August 2018
Avoid at all cost. Recruitment staff are dishonest and will say anything to get you to site. They work on commission.

They advertise above award wages when they don't and if lucky may pay 50 cents above award. The award is so low no electrican would work for it.

They have you travel long distances to sites even when other sites have work much closer. This is due to the commission they take from your hourly rate. They compete against other hays recruiting staff. They lie about hourly rate and site conditions. Which you don't find out about until your on site. They promise better pay on future sites which they don't and will never have work at.

For example was told of construction site where i would be paid eba union rate and conditions and that they will get me on site asap. I ended up on the site in question not only was it not a union site but hays had never been approached to recruit electricans for the site.

Labour hire are middle men that should not exist and profit off the worker to the tune of $30 per hour that you work. This money is the difference between you getting by and you struggling to pay bills and eat.

The Labour hire industry needs to regulated and licensed or outlawed to ensure people like hays don't erode workers pay and conditions any further.
Pros
Minimum wage
Cons
Minimum hour rate, charge you out at $60 per hour + and pocket over half for themsevels
Have worked with Hays for the Past 15 years
Construction - Labouring - Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 August 2018
Like the varied Experiences and Jobs that I have done. Going to various Jobs when required is always interesting, new people, new tasks. Like to be appreciated for the work that I do when I am requested to remain on jobs.
Pros
Going to one Job then called to another - nice to be noticed for the job I do
Cons
Sometimes Jobs are hard to get to - but if I can I will.
good place to work
HV Electrical/Instrument Tradesperson (Former Employee) –  Western Australia21 July 2018
good place with lots of variety, pay was always on time.Very supportive organisation and kept in contact with you regarding safety issues. Would work for hays again..
great team to work for
Contract Receptionist/ Typist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD13 July 2018
Love the variety of work available and team are very supportive
local work, meets your needs,
great they visit location of work you are assigned to check everything is going well.
no advancement, delayed pay, first one in gets it.
Labourer / Labour Hire (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 July 2018
Hays is great for finding temporary work fast, advancement into a full time position not so much. The pay day is a week and a half after your shift at times depending on what day of the week you land work. The industry has a high tax rate and the coordinators work on a first one to take the job wins kind of approach. Overall not a bad company but for continued earnings and reliable income, would not recommend a mate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.