Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Hays Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia140 reviews
Working
Always keep in in work and great working with them compared to other labour hire company's Never stuff me around all pay was right every week supper payed
Great job meet a lot of people
Love going to New places good company to work for and alot of work nice rooms and food is omg so good manager are always there to help with anything and always look after the workers
Very Happy
Happy with what i do i get good shifts, my most rewarding was getting my pass to work with Defence Force in the food and beverage department, the staff are amazing and get treated very well.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long Hours
good ohs
my salary was always in the bank and good communication
i enjoyed working for them

recommend them

good company give them a go

yes yes yes try them
Dysfunctional workers
Other workers made mistakes.
I was used to remedy problems and then not paid.

I had declared income and they refused to admit I hadnt been paid.

Irresponsible management.

Basic Casual pay rate, no overtime.
Pay is for beans no over time or Travel. DGAF every guy out for himself
Never any work or ot because the charge out rate was too high. Too many visa holders who dont know anything so you got to carry them.The Hays management can vary some are good some don't care or take a set against you
Pros
Cons
low hourly rate and they don't GAF
productive fun and reliable
reliable work they source out the best jobs suited to you they pay great I learnd a lot about plumbing and final trimming everyone was great when work ran out they would do the absolute best to continue the work I would highly reguard anyone to work for hays
Pros
great people good work great pay
Temping
I secured a position and hope to secure more as a temp through Hays.
My role in this work place has been delightful. Calm and a great environment.
Close to home and satisfactory salary
Pros
no mirco manage
Cons
Contact
Worst of the worst!!
Avoid @ any cost!! WORST recruitment agency i've worked for. Just treat you as a number. Try to get every single cent from you possible while advertising as paying 'generous award rates'. I was paid bare minimum and when i asked about it, i was told they no longer will update my details on the system.
Pros
Cons
You're treated as a way of making money. Agents get paid a commission.
Protective with helpful
About the hays GROUP it's verry great to provide the employer for make-up the buissnes in all the domains starting from the materials finishing in the tanks
And learning from all the experience around the world

In defrent culture

Is not necessarily to find a solution in the paints industry

Maybe you can find the solution in other domain

Good work

BEST wishes for yours
Pros
Free lunch it's advance for the employers
Cons
Long hours with extra salary it's ok
Very helpful
Give the company a 10/10 as they always are there to help An guide you through the life you spend away working .The company is always emailing to see how you are as arriving on site and are you settled in.
Pros
Accomodation, lunch An dinner all free
Cons
The heat
Great agency
Working with the working holiday visa Hays Recruitment supplied many short term jobs berfore Christmas without needing any tools which was extremely convenient.
great place to work
Sodexo in Weipa was a great place to work at. The weekly pay comes in handy when you are on a remote site as the cost for things are very expensive. The only downfall with Hays is the assignments are not consistent, e.g. I worked away for 3 weeks came home for my R&R and I am still at home that was 4 weeks ago. I'm getting bored need to get back into work. But other than the consistency Hays is a great company to work for.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough work
Terrible hourly rate, no job security and dishonest recruitment staff
Avoid at all cost. Recruitment staff are dishonest and will say anything to get you to site. They work on commission.

They advertise above award wages when they don't and if lucky may pay 50 cents above award. The award is so low no electrican would work for it.

They have you travel long distances to sites even when other sites have work much closer. This is due to the commission they take from your hourly rate. They compete against other hays recruiting staff. They lie about hourly rate and site conditions. Which you don't find out about until your on site. They promise better pay on future sites which they don't and will never have work at.

For example was told of construction site where i would be paid eba union rate and conditions and that they will get me on site asap. I ended up on the site in question not only was it not a union site but hays had never been approached to recruit electricans for the site.

Labour hire are middle men that should not exist and profit off the worker to the tune of $30 per hour that you work. This money is the difference between you getting by and you struggling to pay bills and eat.

The Labour hire industry needs to regulated and licensed or outlawed to ensure people like hays don't erode workers pay and conditions any further.
Pros
Minimum wage
Cons
Minimum hour rate, charge you out at $60 per hour + and pocket over half for themsevels
Working for Hays as a casual worker
Great company to work for. Fair salary and plenty of jobs out there. Also another great aspect is flexibility - I could take 3 months off and there was always work for me whenever I was ready.
Pros
Great hourly rate
Cons
casual work no guarantees of work
Good job for a single person not if you have a family.
Managers on site generally good to work for. have been working in the Bowen Basin for a couple of years now.
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
can be long breaks between jobs
Good place to find work.
Great place to find you work. Not good at getting pay rises but good at getting other roles for you. Pay on time and easy to deal with. Quick to find you work especially full time roles in human resources with the government (most experience with).
Pros
Getting human resources roles.
Cons
Not push for a pay rise for you just move you on to another job placement.
Good skills but Under paid
I worked for hays nearly 3 months and I found they are taking 40% my salary for recruiting me for one of the government agency.

They are the liers
Pros
Quick turnaround
Cons
Salary
Always willing to find a job for you
Helpful in finding a job, Always checking up, Good pay, Easy interview.

Only worked them for a short while but good experience.
productive and fun workplace
went as process technician to an other mine for this company, it was very productive and enjoyable good rooms and a good wet mess,plenty of good food at the mess
good to work for.
Hays has been good to work for always letting you know about jobs that are available.very friendly staff.
They are good to work for, they are willing to help you .