Hays

Hays

Hays Employee Review

Best Company I Have Worked For

Since joining this company in 2021 I have found it challenging yet super rewarding! The team and support I have around me each day it top notch. There is endless career growth and opportunity if you are willing to put in the effort. Working is a recruitment agency is always going to have its ups and downs but if you stick it out for the ups, none of the downs will matter.

Same role

Great training but learn what you can and leave

Best place to start your career training wise but horrendous office culture, high turnover and ridicously low pay compared to rest of industry means learn what you can and jump ship to somewhere that actually places a value on staff retention and having good management

Pros

Training second to none

Cons

High turnover and low pay
Same role

Avoid the Perth office (Toxic, overworked and bad environment)

Hays (Perth) have a toxic/cliquey culture and most managers and directors are unprofessional and gossip. The management are bad and they promote anyone to a management role because they cant retain staff, so they have no other option. The turnover is terrible, 19 people left my team in the year that I was there. When you hand in your notice to go to another agency they walk you out the door, and ask questions that are none of their business such as "how did you get the job, did you apply or.." and have a poor attitude about it. Then they try to intimidate you around the whole situation. They also only praise 360 consultants. The commission is awful as a recruitment partner or consultant as well as the base salary- you can get better anywhere else. Then they have the audacity to brainwash their workers into thinking that Hays is the best agency to work at and you wont get a better experience at another company when in fact every employee who leaves is glad about their decision. Don't get treated like a number rather than a real person and avoid this company.

Pros

end of period drinks

Cons

everything
Same roleSame location

Worst place I have ever worked

I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Extremely unprofessional and toxic workplace culture stemming from the directors down. I didn't even last 6 months at this company. This place took a mental toll on me and I didn't realise exactly how bad it was until I left. There is a culture of competitiveness, bullying, people having outside of work relationships (if you know what I mean... affairs the works) - mainly managers and directors from what I gathered whilst I was there. It is not a place for kind and good people. Its a breeding ground for bad people and a terrible environment to work in, being overworked, run down, bullied and judged. They make you work 8-5.30pm everyday and it is expected you do overtime and dont get paid for it. Im surprised fair work haven't been into this place. If you are a company looking to use hays dont do it and if you are looking to work there... well here is your warning.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bullying, manipulation, toxic culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hays with

• Hays
  • Best Company I Have Worked For
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?