Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HBF Employee Reviews

Australia5 reviews
Always exciting things happening. My job initially was challenging. It did get a bit mundane towards the end as much was automated and there was not much room for progress.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not much to do
I was dismissed only 2 weeks leading up to end of my 6 month probation. No explanation was given. Other colleagues had the same thing happen. They do not care for their staff.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Bad management
management had changed over the last year and they seemed to be more interested in stats than the employees.

So I typical day was we were allocated what work you would be processing for the day, head down bum up and do your work.

The hardest part was. I enjoy helping others when as I had the knowledge and experience and I wasn't allowed to help others as I had to meet my stats.

I loved my co-workers and miss them, most enjoyable part was when I was allowed to help others and meeting my stats,
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
management
Assessment of our members claims in accordance to the Business Rules

Assisting/mentoring fellow team members - offering them direction when making decisions

Attending to providers and enquires via telephone or email/correspondence

Attending and interacting with team members and discussing areas of process improvements with the department

Ensuring my KPI's are met as well as ensuring team behaviours are displayed at all times with managers and my co workers
Pros
The HBF culture
Cons
lack of communication at times
My day starts at 6.30am, no 2 days are the same as I am multie skilled in my area so not ony can I process group wok but all memebership, I manage my own time, work in a team of 15 I am also on a phone line for enquires regards group return, there is no real hard part to my job it's just learning to juggle, the most enjoyable part of my jobs is working with people I like.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HBF?