Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HCF Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
A good place to start with. There are opportunities for development. The company culture is diverse and inclusive. However, further development is limited.
My entire group wasn't trained properly - and this was known to management - however still put on the phones regardless, extremely stressful. During training we were lied to about what kind of calls we would be dealing with. Inexperienced, condescending and unfriendly management (generally). I found it quite funny at times how important some of them believed themselves to be (in a way I felt sorry for them). In general a pretty toxic atmosphere, with not many advisers knowing what they were doing as we weren't properly trained, then being given into trouble - and in some cases fired instantly - when making a mistake. Most advisors unhappy. I love a challenge, and have worked in many different, demanding, difficult and diverse customer service roles across the world and yet I always left a day of work at HCF feeling rubbish and exhausted. Very limited breaks, bare minimum legal limit.

The one good thing was I made some great friends during my time at HCF who I still keep in contact with.
Inexperienced middle management with no consistency in decision making or behaviours.
Toxic environment.

Communication was not promoted or modeled.

Issues raised were swept under the carpet.

Employees wanting to do the right thing for the business not supported.

Unrealistic timeframes to get results under difficult circumstances.

Even once employment ceased final pay and paperwork were not completed or handled correctly.
Pros
No amount of money is worth your health.
Cons
Horrible, horrible place. Steer clear.
If you like poor management, leaders who have no idea what's going on and being micro managed this is the perfect place for you.

Absolutely toxic environment.
Cons
not very supportive for a male in a predominately female profession. Feedback not provided until something was a major concern for the management.

Not willing to talk or provide positive feedback
Pros
always looked after staff after meetings - cabcharge provided etc
Cons
not willing to help when assistance was asked for from management
I worked at a call centre in Sydney. Not a supportive team. Bad management.No career progression.Staff doesn't stay long at all.wirst place to work. They just lie to staff
Pros
Nohing
Cons
Used me as slaves, manager had no control over staff, was under pressure of old employees of the company. She said to me that I am not allowed to go out of the brach to buy my coffee in my break time , I have to make my coffee here.Company did not pay me my overtime till today even leaving that job in 2014. I was not able to work anywhere as I got so scared mentally because the way they treated me
Pros
No pros
Cons
All bad
Health fund practice that worked like a dental hospital. Check up and cleans were done in half an hour and there was a large patient base to choose from. A lot of dentists working at this practice, thus it was easy to get second opinions and help if required. State of the art equipment and an onsite lab make for work to be done promptly.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Too many bosses