HD Supply
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at HD Supply: 1,817 HD Supply Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,817 reviews

Good place to work but...

HD Supply was a good place to work for the most part. They have good benefits. The work was challenging. They have increasing time off depending how long that you work for them. The down side is they are reorganizing and people are getting laid off.

Productive workplace with a lot of good people.

I recommend anyone with a good attitude that wants to work apply. The company is stable, and its services are in high demand. Lots to learn there's never a dull moment. Company is very generous with paid time off.

Pros

stay busy, the people, management, benefits, pay, training available in lots of different areas, advancement opportunities, always learning something new

Cons

none, the opportunity is what you make of it, I enjoy working for the company because I wouldn't have it any other way

Your just a number here.

The job itself wasn’t bad, besides the long hours and back-breaking labor. Management support was weak, unreliable, and full of broken promises. There is a back stabber work culture that the managers warns you about, but they’re the ones keeping it alive. False leadership roles (added responsibility without added pay). Expected to meet high monthly goals with poor/broken equipment. Expensive benefits. This is a stepping-stone job.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Everything else

Nice people get the job done cross train

I love my job but management needs to step up if they get that under control that job will be perfect I look forward to going to work everyday to see my co workers

Pros

Experience

Cons

Hours

Company has favoritism. Don’t really care about employees. Not a good place to work hostile work environment.

You will have to work 10-14 hours daily with no life and if you can’t make it from working hours like that you will be written up. Management is very poor.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

You will have to work many hours to keep the job. Turnover rate is very high

Not a great start

Was not trained for original position that one gets hired for , you get cross trained on to other position first then second week trained to wat you originally get hired for , then put you in the cross trained position for your set schedule , never returning to your original position you originally get for until they think your worthy

Pros

Stable check

Cons

Does not train you for wat you were hired, cross trains you on to other position but don’t pay you more for knowing two positions.

It’s last resort job

Overworked and underpaid. Turnover rate is high. Company is 100% unorganized. Management is a joke. There is favoritism of employees within this company. This is a dead end job.

Pros

they are willing to accommodate you, free food often

Cons

management, pay does not equal to stress of job, no full time hours and no specific end time, extremely unorganized

Great Leadership

Good, job, great training , but lack of upward mobility. It’s a great job if you love being in Inside Sales long term. No real path out of chair, but managers are working to establish programs in the future.

Poor growth structure

I would not recommend limit growth. Poor management with bad attitude. Inside sale are leek at as the step child of the company. Most managers blame you for problems that are out of you control.

Be ready to not have a social life after work

This company has great benefits hands down for the average working class of people. There is no consistency at all. For this company to be so successful. There are too many major issues with there systems an management team. As a driver they whole us accountable for things we have no control of. To many Grey areas for us, too many unwritten job titles. They definitely need to get new leadersship as well as really define the job titles.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HD Supply?

Production very fun place to work

Manager help you succeed to climb up the ladder. They also give you the tools needed to advance. They also have awards for hard work and accomplishing goals

Productio and fun workplace

The culture, the customers, the quality at Aldi was amazing. If you are serious about having advancement in a job I recommend applying here. It took me 3 months to be promoted from being a cashier associate to shift manager . And a year later I got promoted to M.T (Manager Trainee) and 2 years after that to become a Store Manager. The pay was very generous for being a retail job. Benefits at ALDI was by far the best you can get. PTO, Sick Days, Maternity Leave (For Women), 401K with company matching %.

Bad all around.

Don’t care about there employees pay below average pay manager no people skills what so ever very high turn over there don’t care about employees opinion .

Pros

Repetitively dull intense goals to be met

Productivity is constantly in influx, that affects the work environment and employees. For the reason that when work becomes very slow they cut a bunch of people since they are not needed at the moment and when work builds up again they are understaffed which leads for other workers to Compensate for the lack of manpower.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Short breaks, Long hours, physical demands

Look for elsewhere

Iowa is a remote location it's a warehouse and a truck is delivered to locationNo managers just Kansas City Mo officeLack of people first and routes are disorganized due to remote location everything runs through KC officePay is terrible. You should be making more than 25 hourA lot physical work like sorting boxes. Should be sorted at warehouse.

Pros

Independent

Old Technology

This is a company stuck in older java tech. They don't want to pay for the tools needed to do the job well. Management is more focused on hitting numbers than helping further your career.

Pros

Remote work during covid

Cons

Old technology, no opportunity for advancement

Unorganized

Unorganized and not fulfilling. Xurrent employees who have worked for years are underpaid and overworked. Management does not work well with current employees.

Excellent time off policy, very low pay

Great management, lots of PTO and flexible work schedule. Workday goes by fast. Great coworkers. Only downside is the extremely low pay. Very little overtime. Can choose to work from home or in the office.

Cons

Pay

Just a job

If you like doing mundane things, then this is the job for you. Management is constantly changing the way they do things, but never for the better. Lots of people that don’t pull their weight that aren’t penalized.

Pros

Always work

Mandatory overtime every day

Joke of a company. Makes you stay for overtime while management leaves. Management also has favoritism in place. Please beware I would strongly recommend looking somewhere else for work.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Management. Hours

Horrible place

Work you to death. Management sucks. Overworked underpaid. too many managers using the buddy buddy system. Worst place to work ever. Have no clue to run the daily operations. Warehouse has so much trash, damaged product, filthy aisles blocked. Would not recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9