Healthcare Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare Australia Employee Reviews

Australia97 reviews
good working environment
flexed shift , great work team , good management of time , work acknowledges its workers . work culture is suitable for everyone .learn one or two things about team work
Thoroughly enjoyed working for and all interactions with other staff are peaceful and relative to myself and work. Enjoyable. Rewarding.
Thoroughly enjoyed working for HCA, as able to diversify from Aged Care to disability easily. Management and other staff are always helpful and friendly. HCA encourage workers to better them selves by studying to further advance their career and offer training courses that are required at a reasonable cost.
Great Management
They are happy to help me with any info I need, so I can get the jobs done to the standard that's needed.
Good people to work for.

Able to choose your own hours and days.
Not a bad place to work
Good management, pay was okay lower than other companies but manageable.Company is okay very flexible have shifts that suit every schedule.Only downside..they do not have salary packaging.
effective workplace
I am happy to work for HCA. It is a respectful company that pays top dollar for Nurses' hard work, easy to put availabilities and manage/view shifts, as well as submit timesheets on your smartphone. Free training courses for employees.
Differs in state
I worked in WA and most of the time I have a lot of shift from them they even give double shift sometimes but when I moved in VIC there is a week that there is no shift. this is frustrating.
Good
Always have shifts and you can choose what you want to work each fortnight, management are supportive and I love my job working at all different places so you don't get burnt out so easy...
Pros
Divers
Cons
No perminent shifts
Good company to work for
I enjoyed working as an agency midwife and have gained some good experience from this. I would recommend Healthcare Australia and found them to be supportive and helpful.
Great people. Poor pay rates.
Great people work at and for Healthcare Australia. They provide work opportunities in a great range of different facilities. The pay rates are poor in comparison with other Healthcare agencies.
Welcoming and supportive
Healthcare Australia is good at screening skills and experience to match with recommended/available shifts. They are approachable and assists their nurses as needed.
Didnt get enough shifts
I was not that much happy due to not getting enough shifts, so therefore I currently left working there. The company and the staff is great but due to being agency, I wasn't able to get enough shifts
Good pay, but hardly any work!
There's hardly any work, and yet they are still advertising for more nurses?? Please try and provide work for the nurses you've already got first, before advertising for more. It doesn't make sense! It's also worth mentioning that work distribution is not fair, as some nurses are given more shifts than others (from my own experience), despite being available for the same shifts and for the same days.
Rate of pay is good, however, and mandatory courses are provided.
Pros
Good pay rates.
Cons
Hardly any work.
Approachable
Always enjoyed the contracts i have had and have seen many places and met many different people with lots of experiences and travelled Australia whilst working is a wonderful experience
Pros
Work and see the country at same time
Cons
Casual employment and living out of a suitcase
good working environment
i enjoy working with HCA very flexible. you work when you want to. flexibelflexible. staff very friendly and understanding. paid when you want through quick pay
Just wonderful.
A wonderful organization to work with. Friendly people and ready to help, listen and walk you through whatever issue it is. I love it! I would recommend if you are serious about what you do go to HCA.
rewarding job, sometimes stressful, unpredictable shifts
friendly staff, rewarding job, sometimes stressful. Shifts unpredictable, sometimes not enough break between shifts. the hardest part of a job - assaults by children in care, very dangerous behaviour sometimes.
really random what you gonna get
pretty good exprience working with HCA especially if you are a RN student. this job can be really difficult or easy depending on where you get sent to which is of course part of the job as an agency worker.
Treat employees as a commodity- will discard you no questions asked to stay onside with corrupt employers
All is friendly until something goes wrong with a company hiring Healthcare workers, then Healthcare Agency workers will be non- supported and discarded like a dirty rag.
Stressful environment with a lack of proper management
The one thing I enjoyed about this job was my team. We all worked well but it was a very face-paced job, and I feel like we didn't have the support from management that we needed. This was difficult because we were pretty much an entirely new team with no experience within the company.
very good supportive
Excellent timely contracts. Organised and assistance when requested. Management of contacts and travel arrangements are detailed and completed as stated. Accommodation organised.
Rural Remote or City Life You Choose
I am a Mental Health Nurse. Working for HCA allows me to arrange my work around my life rather than my life around my work.
City community & inpatient teams are all under pressure. The joy of contacts where you can focus on care and keep out of office politics is precious. The option to float above the politics isn't always enough to make a tough team a good place to work - but bless HCA do your contact and then say no to going back and that is accepted you don't get hassled to accept another shift there.

Stretch yourself. Take a break from your routines [or your family?] head bush. Take a contract with Rural and Remote - care for patients coping with different stressors fire drought floods - small teams in interesting places who call you by name and are so happy to have you - an alternative to being 'the agency nurse'.

If you are reliable, work hard, and have sound skills there is nothing like to freedom of agency work. Just don't be a nurse that puts their name down for a shift and then won’t answer the phone. If you don't want to work take yourself off roster. Make it easy for the consultant to book you and you will be plenty of work - and if you are like me LOVE it.
Pros
Choice of location and hours of work
Cons
No holiday pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Australia. Our community is ready to answer.