Healthcare Australia Employee Reviews

Unless you like not knowing when your next shift will come in, its great
RN (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW 200019 March 2019
There is always risk working with an Agency company, however the higher rate of pay is not worth the risk of not knowing when your next working shift will be.

On numerous occasions I would be booked out for work with a particular hospital and then day by day 2 hours before to shift was to commence, I would receive an alert on the app or a phone call that I was no longer require for that shift. This as you can imagine made it very difficult for me to plan a work life balance as I never really knew when I would be working and I I did have a booking was it going to go ahead.

I will never recommend this agency to any of my colleagues because it is full of empty promises and not worth the stress.
Pros
higher pay rate
Cons
communication between admin and agency staff, no security.
Bad
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Australia15 February 2019
I first started in this company and was very new to Australia . They said I have a shift available at Tanunda . I agreed and thought they meant " Ananda '' Nursing Home which is 5 mins from my place. Upon google search , I realized it was close to more than an hour drive. I called them and asked for a cancellation to which they disagreed . Mind you this was 12 hours before starting the shift . As a result, my poor old Dad who was an experienced driver in America had to drive more than an hour to this aged care . He had to pick me up to.
They listen and support whatever the employees of the places talk about you . In another aged care , they accused me of using a mobile ph during working hrs. THIS WAS A BIG FAT LIE . Hca however agreed with this particular aged care and never listened to me . This aged care had lazy caregivers who got jealous as I did 14 night shifts with them .
HCA says they have many shifts but the actual fact is they don't !!!
Bad form
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 December 2018
Worked for HCA as a disability support worker, had a client make up lies about me due to not being able to work for a few weeks due to personal reasons and she was unhappy due to this. No further investigation was made and I got fired. Such poor management!
What have I learned
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 November 2018
Worked with HCA for seven months and got to work in different
facilities in Brisbane and every facility is different.
I got to learn to use various technical tools like most of the facilities use computers and ipads for medication administration.

The challenge is that on one allocated shift I was not informed of a
gastroenteritis outbreak at one facility on the night shift and also I had to cover three floors that night.
Work balance
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW17 October 2018
HCA is one of the best Agency have worked for. The flexibility of the shifts and work family balance.

The continues education and improvement.

communication among the staff and management.
Very open and Transparent
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 September 2018
Very approachable and willing to listen an consider any concerns voiced with the ability to problem solve. Given the opportunity to travel to another region which was very exciting. The Staff at the other end were friendly and welcoming which is also a bonus.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Multiple Challenges
Productive, plenty of opportunity for advancement
Agency Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth WA18 September 2018
HCA is a nursing agency, since joining I have been given many opportunities to do varied nursing work at various hospitals.

Staff are friendly and always willing to help with any queries.
untrustworthy
Disability Support Worker (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 August 2018
Healthcare Australia has a very bad culture
There is no security and there are no shifts available.

HCA is like a very bad temp agency- collecting resumes and personal information for jobs that do not exist, sending people on training courses they run with the hope of you staying on to realize to get work you need to do further study with them to get cert4 -
There is no work if you don't have this, unless you want to be a glorified cleaner doing peoples laundry and dished and housework at a low pay. can wait more than 3 months for a 3 hour shift.

stay away - my experience has been unethical.
Minimal work, unsupportive Team
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 June 2018
This company tell you they have plenty of work, they are misleading and have very little in Queensland metro .
Management are not helpful and not supportive , delays with getting paid
Shop around other company’s have more work
Cons
Minimal work, cancellations
The company is 6/10
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 June 2018
all over not a bad company to work for, there are some issues that needs to be amended but all over is fine. Needs to be more opportunity to diversify if the role.
Always putting the employees first
Registered Nurse Operating Suite (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW3 June 2018
This company allows you to choice what days and what areas you would like to work in which makes for a great life balance while earning a very decent wage.
Not enough work
PCA (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC10 May 2018
Useless. Minimal work. I was told by other student murses that they barely got work too. Its more a case of their favorites and who you know.
Orhers have said the same
Pros
Cons
No work
Healthcare Australia
Carer Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 May 2018
Good Company to work for, plenty of Training like the people they send me to work for and with ,for but not enough Hours,close to home less travelling.
Meeting new people
AIN / Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane Northern Suburbs21 April 2018
There is no typical day in Aged Car, everyday is different and that's one thing I love about my Profession. When it gets tough the tough get going to complete the daily care's in a kind, caring manner and with the upmost Respect, Dignity and integrity. I thrive on team work and co operation of others and at the end of a shift feel rewarded for accomplishing our tasks throughout the day
Pros
Hourly rate is more than the Felicities
Cons
Double shifts and been treated as just an Agency worker
Casual work provides oppurtunities
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 March 2018
Working for Healthcare Australia as a casual employee offered me lots of flexibility with when I worked and who I worked with, allowing me the freedom of choice.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of available work
Supportive Nursing agency
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Victoria14 March 2018
I started to work with them and still working with this nursing agency. They provide training courses as well. and provide good pay rate. They have offices all over Australia.
Pros
supportive
Cons
work is not guaranteed
Registered Nurse - Casual (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 February 2018
Happy environment
Provide training for free, and is great for staff moving from other countries. They are very good with guidance during the application process
Pros
Fast with the application process
Cons
nil so far
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA7 February 2018
flexible shifts
friendly staff
easy approachable
different experience
training provided constantly
follow up with expired competencies
easy to pick shifts within needs
Fun and productive
Casual Sterilisation Technician (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 January 2018
At Healthcare Australia/ASEPS it is great to gain work experience a wide variety of hospitals and day surgeries with the opportunity to travel to many different places.
Great company to work for in the health field
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT4 January 2018
I love being able to work with patients one on one as well as in nursing home and hospital team environment and work flexible shifts as needed.
It has been invaluable to work with other nurses and gain knowledge through a diverse culture of people.
Pros
working in different locations
Cons
Sometimes not enough work avaliable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Healthcare Australia. Our community is ready to answer.