Healthcare Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Healthcare Australia Employee Reviews

I've found HCA very good to work for although there are lean times for sure at certain times of year. The booking staff are all friendly and there are some ex-nurses who are very good at matching the right shifts to staff.There are some problematic client hospitals that book lots of shifts and then cancel them and the agency is often good at finding alternative work, though with 2 hours notice it's not easy.The uniforms are an issue as I can be working 4 shifts in a week and have only one uniform. Never been given another despite asking.Overall I've found them better than other agencies.
Pros
Great work life balance, good app, next day pay, nice bookers, 24hr phone cover
Cons
No security or holiday/sickness pay
Shifts in my area have dried up and the travel to other cities could be damaging to our health.. Regardless of travel incentives. Being offered quarantine payments is not enough.
Pros
Good travel incentives
Cons
no shifts
I was very much pleased to work with hca and I want to thank hca for providing me opportunities to be part of it 😊overall I enjoyed the most of it but some time I find some of the crew who received our phone call while contacting them in Perth are very rude with workers and some time just made our day so bad I have experience it few times .
Pros
Double shift
Cons
The company has become too big, too quickly. As a result they are unable to provide health professionals with a cohesive experience. It feels as if they want contracts filled at any cost without support and concern for the employee. Punitive type communication style. Bonus schemes are difficult to follow and initiate. This company needs to look back at its roots.
Pros
Was well regarded
Cons
Purple uniforms. Stand out like a sore thumb on the ward.
This was my first time signing up to a Nursing Agency after being permenant for 4 years and I wouldn't go back. Having the opportunity to work where and when I want has given me the time to enjoy the coast. I have been dealing with a lovely Recruitment Consultant, 'Brooke' who has been very informative, professional and timely with her management. I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the career opportunities it has opened me up to is very advantageous. Overall would rate Healthcare Australia very highly.
Pros
Work - life balance
Cons
No Job security being casual
Toxic management ,no training at all ,very high turnover of staff ,no support not a good working environment at all ,hopeless General Manager and business manager in NSW she only works 4 days a week no leadership ,
This company were horrible to work with. Area manager low in value, total bogan, but big on being a smart Alec. Classes held in random locations, eg: golf courses, church halls, gymsNo training equipment provided. Trainers are expected to supply everything including towels, sheets, pillows etc. Trainers are sent all over the place to train all different groups - don't get the same class for the whole of the course. Unpaid monthly meetings - out of hours.Not paid for marking. Really poor IT induction. Constant emails (which I kept getting months after I'd left)Management extremely rude and dismissively unavailable to trainers.Mandatory horrid uniform.Super taken out of your pay, no company contribution.I left after 6 weeks.
Pros
You're free to leave
Cons
Low pay. No colleagues. Unrealistic travel expectations. Inadequate training settings.
HCA staff especially in roostering and other areas of work, have been fairly well. Though I haven't seen them face to face. It was all online and calls.
Pros
No special allowances for casuals no breaks within shifts.
Cons
There is no breaks, I don't like short shifts I don't know who will be my referees, No travel allowances when driving in a long 1 hours distance to attend a short notice shift.
I worked in operations in Brisbane. No training. You would ask anyone you could how to do something they would give you lazy “I can’t be bothered” answers then get mad when it wasn’t done correctly. Great pay but the staff walk on egg shells, the managers are toxic. I saw a few staff in tears regularly it’s that bad. Nurses are fantastic and nice to deal with. It’s the office that’s a nightmare. Very high turnover. The place needs to be on a current affair it’s that dodgy. Not enough staff on to do the job due to them not wanting to pay for staff. One girl complained about the bullying and got fired on the spot. All about profit. Very greedy and exploiting healthcare to get $$
I can choose what times suit me and still get to spend time at home with my newborn baby. I can also go on holidays with my family on school breaks and come back and my job is there waiting.
Pros
Good salary, weekly pay.
Cons
No physical interaction with management
Agency great to work when you want but they don’t like it if you refuse a shift for personal reasons. The district/area? manager rang me once to see if another agency nurse had been admitted to my perm ICU job after self harming! She stated sheard’ by another agency peer. After I refused to confirm or deny it, my shift offers basically stopped so I quit. I told the patient of the call and AHPRA said they could do nothing! Not right!
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Favourites offered shifts always. Illegal practice.
The worst company I ever worked! Team of rude people is extended from Hr to coordinators. Managers are the most ignorant people I have ever met .They told me my health experience teaching and practicing worldwide was irrelevant, they choose administrators to coordinate health education! This company just cares for profit. Ĺ They have no respect for students DIVERSITIES and trainers even less. They have no campus, the facilities that c l Assad take place a horrible rented . The compensated to pay a cheap casual rate, not paying for meeting and all . rooms all over the city
Pros
They give you a horrible uniform
Cons
Assessments, marking, meetings are not payed
Not happy because I used to do 40-50 hours a week to 0 hours not with no information on what to do or go about. I was casual but used to work very hard so I have contributed to the company a lot for the passed 5yrs.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Helping client with their daily living ,taking them for appointment , helping them to be independent , respecting their culture, ,their belief and never disclose any information anyone outside.
Thoroughly enjoyed working for HCA, as able to diversify from Aged Care to disability easily. Management and other staff are always helpful and friendly. HCA encourage workers to better them selves by studying to further advance their career and offer training courses that are required at a reasonable cost.
flexed shift , great work team , good management of time , work acknowledges its workers . work culture is suitable for everyone .learn one or two things about team work
They are happy to help me with any info I need, so I can get the jobs done to the standard that's needed. Good people to work for. Able to choose your own hours and days.
Good management, pay was okay lower than other companies but manageable.Company is okay very flexible have shifts that suit every schedule.Only downside..they do not have salary packaging.
I am happy to work for HCA. It is a respectful company that pays top dollar for Nurses' hard work, easy to put availabilities and manage/view shifts, as well as submit timesheets on your smartphone. Free training courses for employees.
Joined NASA in 1986 for few years as NA then joined NSB late 80ties as EN. Comm work at Glenside 1992. Returned to agency.in 06 whom were NASANSB.which had amalgamated Ive wkd in acute surg & mental health . Fabulous to work for .always got reqested shifts k
Pros
Always recieved requested work/shifts plus did occ rural n remote shifts
Cons
Rarely happens- unhelpful/rude staff at facility sent to, as agency nurse nurse permanent staff at facilities often palm off to agency staff their work load, Could always request nasansb not to send back to a facility if dissatisfied in any way
I worked in WA and most of the time I have a lot of shift from them they even give double shift sometimes but when I moved in VIC there is a week that there is no shift. this is frustrating.