Healthscope Limited

Healthscope Limited Management reviews

Healthscope is a very very poor management of hospitals.
Theatre Technician (Former Employee) –  Ringwood East VIC/Ashford SA30 January 2020
Healthscope do not have the employee or the patient in mind.
Their focus is purely on profit.
No communication with the employees is taken in to consideration to build the business.
Corners are cut to save money in regards to sufficient staff being on deck.
Poor management
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 March 2019
Unsupported, bad culture, high pressure and stress
No flexibility on rostering
Unsafe practice
Abuse of power by NUM and ANUM
Bullying by hierarchy
No support for new grads or staff
Cons
No support
Excellent place to work
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Knox Private Hospital22 February 2019
Supportive environment, with management and educators always available. Lots of opportunities for upskilling. Rosters are fairly distributed. Friendly supportive and welcoming culture, on every ward. Highly recommend.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Night shift, but this is a part of nursing
Busy workplace, but rewarding
Enrolled Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newcastle NSW7 June 2018
Generally very busy ward. Pre and post operative patients. Learnt varied cares wirth specific surgeries. Management could be better, however the nursing team are excellent. Staff to patient ratio's are too high, especially at night and makes it difficult to give the nursing care I want to.
I enjoy helping patients by nursing them back to health and empowering them to care for themselves.
Pros
Excellent Nursing team
Cons
Staff - patient ratios
Sterilizing attendant-Loans coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW17 April 2018
Management is very bad unorginised uneducated and extremely rude, staff treated like slaves short staff 2 people in each shift with 5 operating theatres and 50+ operations daily
Cons
bad management
Hotel services
SUPPORT SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brisbane South QLD4 February 2018
.Healthscope is a strong National Healthcare provider, the governance and KPI management is a strong planned programmed with great operational networking and support programs
my role in Hotel service was a fruitful experience achieving high results in a National program
great work place & environment to work
Hobart private hospital (Current Employee) –  Hobart TAS22 January 2018
Very happy & satisfied with how health scope look after their patients & employees, very professional company
Management are always encouraging staff to further their knowledge & provide ample information about up coming courses & information sessions
Cons
Productive and good place for security
Commercial / Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW21 June 2017
Great management and clear view to improve the business within the company.
Staff and senior managers helpful and good to work with
team work always in place and training available to all staff
Poor, poor, poor
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 June 2017
Extremely disorganised hospital. No support from management whatsoever for overworked and underpaid staff. Very bad practices in place, to which management continue to turn a blind eye, as long as the work is done they don't care how many corners are cut. For a hospital that apparently provides "quality patient care", it does a very, very poor job at it. Never will I work for Healthscope again nor would I recommend family or friends attend this hospital.
Pros
Cons
Take your pick. They're all bad
Terrific currently winding down for festive break but generally really vibrant .
House person (Current Employee) –  Perth WA12 December 2016
Very consuming in that when its busy its really vibrant and rewarding sometimes over whelming when numbers increase and equally those are discharging but generally its a good place to work.Staff are friendly.
Pros
Downstairs cafe / staff are excellent / management are exceptional
Cons
not alot of hours at the moment
team and management very good
Enviromental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 October 2016
was a great environment to work in friendly staff and management job was enjoyable as able to work unsupervised and praised for work done reconigition noted.
Pros
cleanlyness
Very unorganised hospital
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 September 2016
Not a professional place to work. Lots of miserable staff over worked and under paid. Would never work for health scope again. The management are very unorganised, lack of support and was over the politics.
Cons
Bad management
nothing to exciting goes on at the hospital.,
cssd (Current Employee) –  Randwick NSW23 February 2016
check the list for your name to see what task you have been assign to. We rotate every 3 hours. I learn about instruments that the surgeon will use for an operation. How to use sterilising machine, and to make sure that the test has been clear to use.
The management is trying to re organise the department, so I am learning something new, and how to adjust myself to it. My co-workers are good some of them are quite lazy so others like myself will work extra hard to get task done on time. Which can get frustrating but I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
learned every day because ABI clients actions and mood are different everyday
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Preston, VIC10 December 2015
good reputed company with helpful and cooperative management ,working ,good team mate .Hardest part of job is involvement of clients and enjoyable is when clients are happy with your service.
Westmead Hospital has a great learning environment
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westmead NSW4 November 2015
I gained many experiences working for Westmead Operating Theatres as Westmead Hospital is a teaching hospital and the second largest trauma centre in Sydney. I worked for the module that took care of all accident and emergency, orthopaedic and neuro surgeries.
Pros
Ability to wrk in many different areas of Operating Theatres to gain a better skill set
Cons
Managements inability to understand the responsibilities of being a Mother
Professional, demanding, flexible
Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne10 October 2014
A typical day is very busy. Its a large payroll so work is quite repetitive.
I am a very experienced officer and believe that some of my skills have been eroded while working here such as full end to end processing. My interpretive skills have grown though and my ability to work autonomously has grown substantially by necessity.

I find the management style to be reactionary rather than pro active.

My co-workers are for the most part a team of professional officers who perform very well under what is sometimes great pressure and possibly the best part of the job.

The hardest part is the lack of support from management.

The interaction with payees. I mostly enjoy being able to solve complex issues and the customer service role.
Pros
Some flexibility in work hours
Cons
No career prospects
Typically a positive working environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC27 May 2014
Progressive thinking work environment with much professional expertise.
Supportive peers and management.
Flexible workplace looking after its staffs needs.
Pros
Regular supervision for nursing staff
Cons
Driving over large areas of Melbourne at times
We work as a team in a friendly atmosphere.
Ward clerk/ Switch board operator (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD8 January 2014
I have worked at Allamanda Private Hospital for approximately 15 years and a great number of the staff have worked there for more than 20 years which indicates that we are happy in our jobs.
I have made many friends there and have the highest regard for the nursing staff. I have learnt computer programmes and much about the health industry. The hardest part of the job is time management as it is extremely busy and requires multi skilling.
Pros
Healthy inexpensive lunches available to the staff. Exercising classes offered. Social activities.
Cons
Distance from home.