Heatherbrae's Pies
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Working at Heatherbrae's Pies: Heatherbrae's Pies Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Productive and fun workplace

Throughout my time in Heaterbrae Pie shop I have been greeted and treated with the utmost friendliness, easy going and supportive nature. I would gladly from the bottom of my heat recommend taking interest in working with the lovely team.

Pros

1/2 food, free drink

Top-notch employer & supportive management

I have loved my time with this business. Senior managers are super-supportive and it's a real team environment. So nice to work somewhere they understand that the care and morale of staff will ultimately give the customers the best experience. Probably why they are so successful and have been around so long. A GREAT first job for a young person, and a great lifestyle job for an adult.

Top-notch employer & supportive management

Such an awesome workplace!

Love, love, loved this job. The managers really care. I was made to feel welcome every time I turned up for work, and was often thanked for my efforts. This workplace is a unicorn in the hospitality industry. Will be hard to find a better employer.

Pros

Free drinks. Discounted food. Family balance.

Cons

Sometimes early morning starts.

Great management snd culture

Loved this job. Wish I still had it. Professionally managed and a friendly, respectful work environment. Really felt like an appreciated part of a team

Huge Potential to be a fun working environment if they addressed issues.

Heatherbrae's Pies Sutton Forest has huge potential to be an amazing work environment if they addressed on some slight issues and problems. PROS: - Crew members/Staff are lovely, friendly and outgoing. - Managers are personable, easy going, friendly but also firm - Pay is great during the week and penalty rates on Saturday and Sunday are a bonus! - Cute atmosphere with friendly regular customers always popping in to have a chat. - Being able to have customer experience roles and behind the scenes roles - Half price on food - Yummy pies and desserts - Owner is very friendly CONS: - Lack of staff training - no training program ETC: Some staff have been there for over 6 months and still not sure on how to handle certain procedures. - No Career advancement. - No performance reviews - If you are under-performing for whatever reason, there is no further coaching, it is more telling and doing which doesn't improve staff performance. - Low staff morale - when there are team meetings( which are very rare!), they are very negative and are about what we are doing wrong and what we could be doing, rather than what we are doing right and how we can improve as a team. - Even though Managers are great, they get stressed out very easily and can unfortunately direct their stress to crew which then makes them stressed. - Managers are quick to judge and have favourites. - Store is very quiet and so you must be self motivated to work here. -Rosters come out in a weeks advance, so hard to plan your weeks and weekends. - No notice if they have cancelled your shift. - Irregular -

Rude staff and management

When I was working at Heatherbrae's Pies, all the staff and managers were rude to me. I did as I was told at a fast pace but yet I was still being treated with disrespect. I suggest not working here regardless of how much you'll be paid.

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Rude team members

Favourite Part of the Job

seeing regulars come in for their coffees, working within a friendly supportive workplace, the opportunity to advance to become a manager

Pros

The People

Cons

Extremely busy at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heatherbrae's Pies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Heatherbrae's Pies Reviews by Location