HelloFresh Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work for hours if you want to save
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 May 2019
Lovely people, but hard to make friends ect as you are never on the same shift. Casual hours are horrendous one time I had 5 hours in one week. Training is good but things change a lot and if you have a few days off could be hard to catch up. The kitchen was mostly full of fly's which was a bit sickening (them tinny fly's that come around your food) Nice people though and pay was alright if you had the hours. Would not recommend for casual but I guess full time would be okay..
Not reliable or professional as I was told Via text about not coming back to work as there as no hours so they let me go.
Pros
Free box of food when you start
Cons
no hours available
Perfect Backpacker Job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 May 2019
Having no previous experience in sales, I was nervous about this job. However, the brand is well known and the product becomes very easy to sell.

I worked on and off for 11 months at HF and travelled to QLD, NT, SA, NSW and heaps of cities and towns in Victoria. All these trips had travel and accomodation paid for, and I often went more than once to each place.

It can be long days BUT it’s uncapped commission. You can earn nearly twice as much as a usual backpacker, go travel for a few weeks and then return. Perfect setup for those wanting to make money in a couple of months, and still have your weekends free.

Made some brilliant friends from my experience here which I will see again in Europe.

100% recommend giving this job a fair shot for a couple of weeks :)
Pros
Free travel, great money, employability skills, Great team
Cons
Sometimes long days
Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 February 2019
Worst job I ever had. The days are long and the work is not very rewarding. I didn't get any money after I quit after 1 week. Very poor management too. Don't do it.
Pros
Non
Cons
Learnt new skills in a fun environment
Marketing and Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 January 2019
Morning meetings with the team where you learn new skills to help improve individual performances. Management very well organised with days you'd be in the office or out in the field making face to face sales.
Pros
Free hello fresh food boxes
Cons
late finishes on certain days
Quality
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Pemulwuy NSW10 January 2019
The job is demanding and most times you are multitasking
Work environment is very unorganised and the whole warehouse is a hazard, many improvements is required at the Sydney Warehouse.
The company tends to let go of hardworking individuals who can make a positive difference to the company.

Management can not be trusted, confidential information actually goes out of the office into the warehouse. the very few good management sit quietly and mind their own business.

there is so many gossips in this company and they tend to recruit younger individuals cause younger people listen and do.

If you are someone who love to speak up and care for others, do not work for this company.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours 10 it can lead to 14 hours
fun in relating with one another
Pick and pack/ Asst. supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW1 August 2018
freedom to do the job assigned to you but must be done within your specified time giving to you.
you are required to work and extra shift if the job is not done.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short hours
good
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2018
Working as a waiter for a catering agency with many high-end clients such as the Savoy, Royal Albert Hall and Ascot, I have been trained up to provide a refined service which goes beyond the expectations of the clients and customers. I am used to working in busy, high pressured situations as part of a team to deliver a service.
Being an attentive staff member I received a promotion and was trained up to work behind the bar. I have experience working back of house as well as front of house serving customers and taking payments and would love to expand my knowledge of cocktail making.
Nice place to work
Quality Controller and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Perrth4 February 2018
Hello Fresh is a good company to work for however I have my mind set on a Produce Buying role, as this job even though casual is a management job but the hours are not really there.
Pros
Barbeque monday
Nice place to work
Quality Controller and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 February 2018
An excellent company to work for however I have my goals set on a Produce Buying position. As this is only a casual role even though very similar to a full time managers role, my heart is set on Produce Buying.
Pros
Barbeque on Monday
Cons
Nothing that comes to mind
Fun place to work, decent money
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 January 2018
Worked as a promo rep for 4 months doing door to door and tradeshows/events. Explained the product to the customer and got them to try it with a discount. You make good money once you learn the product.
Pros
Good product so easy to sell, fun social culture
Cons
Longer hours occasionally, deal with some rude people
Ripped off and still owed money
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Australia21 November 2017
I was working for hello fresh through a marketing company who still owe me around $600 and will refuse to give it to me. The days were really long and the pay wasn't great even when I was doing well for the company. I took the job on the assumption I would be getting paid hourly during my training weeks as had been made out in the interview. However, this was a false promise and when learning the ropes I was barely earning anything. They also had me training new members of staff from around my second week in the company but there was no benefit to this and this cost me wages as they were knocking on doors I was supposed to be speaking to and it was a commission only job.
Pros
Free iPad to use
Cons
Underpaid, Long hours, unpaid working time
good work place with challenging environment
crew member (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 November 2017
great place where i have learnt many things like RF SCANNING AND PICK PACKING and acquired a great knowledge and also helped in growth and development of the company.
Pros
secured and good work
Cons
long hours and less pay
Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greystanes NSW8 November 2017
Made heaps of workmates during my time there, every one is friendly and kind. I liked it there because it was challenging but fun at the same time. Have to work at a fast pace but all in all I enjoyed it.
Pros
Big cold warehouse nice for summer
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun work place.
Pick Packer and General Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granville NSW16 August 2017
Fun to work.Good atmosphere. Team work.Good company to work. Great culture, great innovation and great resources. Working environment is very nice and employees are empowered. I learned a lot about fruits and vegetables and different proteins and fish. Great job
Pros
People: very open-minded, motivated, and talented people
Cons
The fastest solution is not always the best: some decisions feel a bit rushed
Fun workplace with good benefits
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 July 2017
The job involved direct sales, the workplace culture was fantastic and the job had good benefits. The hardest part of the job was that occasionally the customer would be quite rude!
Ripoff! Run!
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC28 June 2017
The company tries to convince you that it's an awesome and fun experience but thats simply a lie. The salarys are low (they probably won't pay you at all, I got nothing for a whole week+sales), the "training" is a joke, the contract probably don't even legal and the whole thing is not well organized. They basicly use backpackers to advertise their company in door-to-door sales and get rid of them before it comes to any payment. Even the perk of "getting a free food box every week" is a straight up lie. Don't even think about working for them!
Pros
A free beer on friday
Cons
Everything else!
Good office environment but too much expected of agents
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 May 2017
I liked the office environment, as many of the people who worked there were lovely. However, the job itself was quite stressful, as you're on the front line dealing with customers in real time as they complain about their issues with the service. You have to deal with a lot of negativity day-to-day, and there is pressure to reach your KPI targets as well. So overall, considering the very basic wage that you're paid, for me the level of negativity and stress paired with the expectations regarding productivity made the job too difficult to continue on with.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 March 2017
- Door to Door sales.
- Environment was awesome.
- High turn around of people.
- Management was good, provided plenty of assistance and benefits.
- Gave us the training we needed to understand what sales is about.
Pros
Social events.
Social Environment interacting with lots of people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne14 January 2017
Start the day meeting at the office then drive out to a shopping Centre to promote products on a kiosk. Meet lots of interesting people and lots of opportunities to develop skills.
Pros
Social
Working at Shopping Mall Kiosk
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 September 2016
Starts day about 9am at the kiosk in a different shopping mall every week. Our job is to talk as many people as possible and provide them information about the product and the company in exchange for people's opinions. If people are interested we offer them a subscription depending on their requirements. By working in sales I've gained customer service and interaction skills, usually talk to over a 100 customers in a day.
Pros
Great friendly and energetic environment
Cons
Long distance using public transport

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HelloFresh. Our community is ready to answer.