Help at Home Employee Reviews

Wouldn’t recommend
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, IL18 August 2019
Most of the clients were a pleasure to work with, but management & most of the staff were very incompetent, unprofessional & untrustworthy. Management hires anyone off the street especially thieves & drug addicts to work with individuals who have disabilities. Some of clients were constantly being stolen from & abused. If you report anything to management it was swept under the rug plus they would tell the person what you stated or reported to them. This caused a very hostile workplace. Then there were several staff who would report things to management about other staff thinking it would get them some kind of advancement in which it didn’t. The employees are part of a union & the company violates almost every policy daily. The union wasn’t much help either when it came to many things. They seem to be more for the company rather than the employees. The employees were to be making almost $12/hr, effective July 2018, but still working for $11.25/hr no back pay or anything over a year later. There were so many unethical situations on a daily basis at this location it honestly needs to to be shut down.
Okay job
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schererville, IN16 August 2019
Good for people who don’t have much life and can pick up shifts but if you want to work pt they will demand all peprwork and training up to date or they will take you off schedule
A caring work environment
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire15 August 2019
Its a house to house work place each environment (call) is different to the first, the hardest part of the job, is making sure to get everything done within the time that you have been given.
Horrible!!!
DSP/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KY15 August 2019
Help at Home outta of Owensboro is the worst place I ever worked. They over work you, don’t care anything about their clients or workers! My house manager was the absolute worst. She didn’t care about anyone at all!!! The houses where always dirty and and no one was organized. I would never put anyone I loved in these homes. It’s terrible!!!!!!!
Worked hours less than 25
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO14 August 2019
I had to find my own clients. Help at home dis not send any referrals for work. I took a bus to work. Sometimes I would work extra because I had to get my clients meds and was not paid for that time overall it's a job and management was not bad very nice helpful and needed more hours is why I left
Overall good place to start
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, IL13 August 2019
Management in this company is very responsible, however, salary us too low for that kind of job, After tax deduction you will get really small check on your hands. As I know similar companies in our area pay more per hour than this one
We get off early the day before a holiday.
Home Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN12 August 2019
A lot of gossiping. 1st and 2nd step management in all 3 Indy/Greenwood offices are unprofessional, are not equipped to do the job clinically, show favoritism, only do re-education write-ups when their favorites are not directly involved, and they pit team members against each other instead of trying to build a cohesive team.
Help at Home
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MO12 August 2019
Make sure you have time to for orientation for at least 2 or 3 days to sign paperwork and vidoes. Management is friendly and understanding, easy to talk with,
Pros
Management is friendly and understanding
Cons
Not quite an option for advancements
Fullfillment with your work.
Direct Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Muncie, IN11 August 2019
Positive work environment. Pay is low but these jobs always pay lower wages. Benefits aren't the best either but again these places don't have a lot of money.
Relaxed
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, IL11 August 2019
Clients are easy to take care of the cost of driving to the clients waste a lot of gas good company to work for though most of the clients need chores or errands done
It's not a bad place
Caregiver/Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Pekin, IL10 August 2019
I have been employed with them for over four years. It did take a good deal of time to get paired with the clients I have everyday now. It's best to have a good fit. My days I spend talking and cleaning and running errands and doctor's appointments. You will set your own hours and the company will pair you with people who can work within your time frames. I did have trouble with a few. But Inwould jist let the office know and they wouldtake those off my work load. You will gwt paid for your time and travel expenses. All and all its not bad. But you will drive a lot. I log almost 100 miles a day.
Run away
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, Il9 August 2019
The management treat dsp horribly lie to your face. If you have experience they still treat you like you know absolutely nothing . They have no problem sending you into a violent situation without warning you.
Pros
Helping clients
Cons
Fun to work for and rewarding
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, IN9 August 2019
Given the opportunity to help others in the community and be involved in some really great work. Rewarding by watching you work come to fruition. Making sure each consumer was the right fit.
Nice to work for if you only need a few hours.
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  1N. State8 August 2019
Father that has school-age children is a decent job for you if you have supplemental income as well that you can work 20 hours a week maybe this is what happened home it's for those kind of people that's not looking for full-time employment
In-home assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 August 2019
I run errands I do grooming cook clean moral support it’s a very calm environment I enjoy what I do I have had my clients for 2 years now and I plan on keeping her til I find something else
Help at Home
Homemaker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 August 2019
A great company to work for assisting seniors in daily activities cleaning, cooking, shopping, vacuuming, dusting, personal hygiene, grooming, cleaning bathroom etc.
poor office management
Field staff ( DD ) (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN6 August 2019
My Qddp was outstanding to work with. upper management and other office staff lost paperwork, unorganized and made you feel guilty if you couldn't cover shifts. they would harass and belittle you if you told them you had to deal with situations that was beyond your control. they expect you to do their paperwork and go beyond your job duties. they expected you to drop everything in your personal life to suit their needs. they have no respect for your personal life and expect you to be at their call 24/7. this company is about profit and not about their consumers or staff.
Pros
Cons
no personal life. rude and unorginized
Don’t recommend
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moline, IL5 August 2019
Terrible environment terrible pay no promotions little raises overworked underpaid
Only care about the money and not the client and quality of cars
I’m happy with the review
HHa,Cna (Current Employee) –  South Bend, IN5 August 2019
I’ve been working with hospice/ home health company’s for many years and I’ve learned and grown, I appreciate the opportunity that has been provided for me.
productive
Personal care assistance (Former Employee) –  Springfield, IL31 July 2019
A typical day at work was cleaning and assisting with meals making sure the person who I was helping was satisfied with everything
asking and assisting with anything that I could
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
losing people who I grew attached to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Help at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7