Help Enterprises Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Employment Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Robina QLD1 January 2019
Training was minimal as a starter
the team environment was very good
Management was great at the start and then quite drastic changes within the management team had left quite a few of the staff concerned about job security
The role itself although very tough and not for everybody, had it's rewarding feeling when finding and gaining employment to those in need.
Great work, bad culture
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland1 February 2018
Work at Help Enterprises in Brisbane was wonderful until an operations manager was hired who turned out to be a bully. I felt completely unsupported and when ever I performed well he would ignore it. I was paid as a service coordinator but took the role of a service manager.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
No training, no support, disrespect from a certain manager.
good
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast12 September 2017
great place to work, supportive manager, liked the typed of work that was required, supportive of staff. good place to work. would work there again. thankyou
Really good job and fun place to be at
Packer (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD6 August 2017
I done packing there
Labeling
Had a lot of friends there
Was a team leader there
Done plants getting weeds out off them
Done metal work cutting metal in sizes
Doing disability toilet rails and packing them in boxes
Etc
Pros
Took my lunch or brought my lunch and morning tea
Cons
8am to 4pm
Learning Experience through Help Enterprises
Help Enterprises (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 April 2017
At the time , I was recognised as a volunteering member, whilst a member at Help Enterprises I learned the basic skills of packaging, wrapping ,indication of materials and object placing, practicing notations on used or broken product that was unable to be used and recording everything . My background with Help Enterprises as to my knowledge was at most times product would not be in order and would cause delays, along with field workers not knowing what they were doing at the time due to some management .The hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was doing the things that needed to be done for us all to go home. Most enjoyable part was going on break and closing up the sheds.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
not leaving till the work is done
Productive and fun place to work
Storeman/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm QLD1 September 2016
Awesome company to work with, great pay and good colleagues. Unfortunately work slowed down and now only need me 2 days a week, but besides that great place to work.
Work Philosophy
Employment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenslopes27 June 2016
The back ground work that they do for the community is amazing but the actual management culture in their employment office is not as good as expected.
Pros
the company philosophy
Cons
management
too much red tape
H2P marketing consultant for the unemployed (Former Employee) –  Logan City QLD22 April 2016
trying to find work for people who couldnt work, didnt want to work and not having enough people to market made the role very hard to maintain
Pros
I got on well with my boss and team
Cons
too much red tape government blocks
It was a great place to work at.
Factory Hand (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm12 May 2014
A typical day at work was me having to help sort through can lids, pack chip packets into boxes and to also help my co-workers work faster and help them when they needed help.
I learnt a lot about how to talk to disabled people for example what to say and what not to say and also how to keep up a pace as time was critical because we had to get a certain amount of boxes out within a certain period of time.
The hardest part about the job was sometimes it became difficult in the heat as we were working inside factories but we did always have cold water and sometimes got an ice block to keep our fluids up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely having the co-workers i was lucky to have by my side because they were always bubbley and happy and it was great to work with people that were as eagerly keen to work as i was.
Pros
free ice blocks on a hot day
Cons
sometimes it was extremely repetitive.
Good work life but sometimes under too much pressure.
Process Worker/Storeman (Former Employee) –  Eagle Farm, QLD17 March 2014
Had a good work relation with all the personal and bosses no matter where I was working. In some sheds work was under pressure to get out work before time especially at MailSafe where large mail units were built, I was always doing many boxes at a time and worked well with all employees.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Too early a start especially in winter.