HenderCare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HenderCare Employee Reviews

I had a bad experience with the management. Even though I am doing my job well. The manager don't have consideration. I work as a casual but she gets angry sometimes regarding shift bookings
13 April 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Can you please email quality@hendercare.com.au with further details so we are able to follow up on the matter? Thank you
I am very proud to work in an organisation that supports so many clients to live their lives independantly in their chosen communities. I am proud to know staff who have worked for us for many many years and who are also passionate about caring for others. I work along side amazing people who I know will work with me to achieve sometimes, nearly impossible services but who will also laugh, share a joke and make day to day life in the office so enjoyable. Its been a life changing 16.5 years!
Pros
Well established organisation who provide excellent care across many sectors
10 August 2020
We love to hear this feedback, thank you. Working for us for 16.5 years means you must certainly love your job and find it rewarding!
HenderCare is a growing organisation, and has lots of opportunities. It has gone through a bit of change recently, and the organisation is working hard to keep up to date with changing client needs.
10 August 2020
We are glad to hear that you believe the business provides a lot of opportunities for our employees. Thank you for your feedback.
I've now worked at HenderCare for more than two years and have never enjoyed working for a business as much. The business is run ethically and there is a genuine level of appreciation given to staff. Management care about staff and clients.
Pros
staff benefits program, flexibility, work-life-balance
10 August 2020
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. It is important to us that HenderCare always operates ethically and we are glad that this is apparent.
Melbourne office management and some of the staff are unethical, dishonest, full of false promises, they are bullies who discriminate, disrespectful, uncaring people.
29 June 2020
We are sorry to read this feedback. We can see you are a current employee, are you able to please provide more detail by emailing quality@hendercare.com.au or, if you prefer, please speak with our HR Manager so we are able to address your concerns. Thank you.
No training & orientation provided prior to the job started. Suddenly call off all my shifts without giving any explanations or details about what did I do wrong. Tried to contact staffs to ask about it but never get back from them.
Pros
not supportive to their staffs
22 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your employment experience. Are you able to please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au with further information regarding your experience so we are able to follow up? Thank you.
I loved working at Hendercare. I worked with Aboriginal clients and worked within their culture. It was a challenging job and high risk. I cared for infants up to 18 years of age.
1 June 2020
Thank you so much for this review. We are happy to hear that you have found the work both fun and dynamic. Thank you for your contribution :)
They put your life at risk and could not care less if you get hurt as long as shift gets covered there rude nasty nasty people your busy until your not needed then bad luck sit at home fo nothing
1 April 2020
Hi, we are sorry to hear that your employment experience with us has not been positive. Can you please send us an email outlining your concerns to quality@hendercare.com.au so we are able to look into this further. Thank you.
There is more job opportunities for people like me and the staff are very friendly and care for our personal needs. They provide me with jobs that is convenient to my liking and closer to home.
10 February 2020
Thank you for this feedback, we are delighted to hear that you are finding the role such a good fit for your lifestyle. Please always let us know of ways we can further improve by emailing quality@hendercare.com.au.
The management at the Melbourne office if pathetic, they don’t return phone calls or reply to emails or texts. Pays are wrong every week. They don’t care about their clients and they are all about the money. Worst company ever!
3 February 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Are you able to please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au so we can look into your complaint and get a better understanding of the issues you have experienced? Thank you.
Easy to pass the time but the work hours are never enough. Some day is good but one day is never been better. I have learned to help the elderly whatever they need in their daily life. The most enjoyable job I have ever had is with a blind couple. They are so fun and we had a good time together especially shopping. They really enjoying with me and we had a good time together. I have learned a lot of Australia Vision.
11 November 2019
Thanks for your review. Always good to hear people are finding their roles rewarding.
I enjoyed my time at Hendercare and my role as a domestic assistant. I found the elderly people I met to be really lovely, friendly people who always had a smile on their faces and were happy to see me, which often made my day.
30 September 2019
Thank you for this feedback, it sounds like you are exactly the type of caring person we need to help support older members of our community. :)
Working in the Community. No day is ever boring. Clients are always happy to see you. Feel appreciated and valued. Management and support is good, Workplace culture is good, the enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have made a positive difference.
30 September 2019
We love this feedback, thank you. Feeling rewarded and supported in your job is so important and we are delighted you are having this experience with HenderCare. :)
Working with Hendercare is a very rewarding job my main goals are working with the elderly to assist them in the domestics of the home for example cooking,cleaning,laundry,shopping and just listening to there stories is my view . At the end of the day my reward is knowing they where happy with my services rk and our little char
30 September 2019
Thanks for this feedback. We are really glad to hear that you find your job so rewarding.
the most rewarding job I have had you get to interact with the elderly and helping them with their day to day tasks...Very rewarding. I love helping people.
Pros
you get to meet a lot of really lovely people
8 April 2019
We are so thrilled to read this feedback! We are so proud of the work that our team members do out in the community and are glad that you are finding it so personally rewarding.
Shifts can be very long, you never know what sort of day you will have, either a calm fun day, or a day with behaviors and trauma, but to see these children smile, laugh, and or change their learnt behaviors to a positive, even thou some changes are very small, it is extremely rewarding. The causal position and the way it works you have the freedom to take time off as you please, as much or as little as you need.
Pros
choice of hours
Cons
Casual- no job security
27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are thrilled that you find your work rewarding and have chosen to work with HenderCare.
coordinators are efficient and reliable, lots of work available all over Adelaide, get to work with many people in the community. can work as little or as much as you like
26 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback, we love to hear these kind of reviews.
nice place to work all the staff friendlis management are ok work ethic is followed thoroughly its was an on call job and you were given a enough time to decide whether or not you will work
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are glad to see that you have found working with us a positive experience.
staff needed more support from management, and more open communications to be able to work safely and officially in an individual or team environment.
27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. If you have suggestions of where we can improve or specific examples of the difficulties you encountered, we would appreciate if you could please email us at hello@hendercare.com.au. We are always seeking ways to improve our staff experience and your feedback will help.
I loved working with the kids that I had to care for, the staff where great to learn from, good team . I was on call 24/7 and got lots of shifts. I enjoyed all the training provided in the head office. Hendercare were a very supportive company and a pleasure to work for. I unfortunately had my time cut short for working, because I had accident that put me in hospital and in a wheel chair for 6 months while I waiting to have my back surgery on my spine and also surgery on my knee and i couldn't carry in working due to all the pain meditation i was on.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
long shifts
27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are really glad to hear that you found the training useful and the organisation supportive. We hope that you have now recovered from your accident.
Recent policy changes are aimed at alienating staff, and will hinder future recruitment of good workers. Coordinators are for the most part good but there are some who require training in their rudeness towards carers. Hendercare have proved to me why this industry has a massive turn over of staff. Low wages, policies breach areas of Fair Work Act, management threaten staff to take away work under unfair policies. Compulsory training under fair work requires that staff be paid to for their hours HR refuse to come to the party or even converse. They will get away with it because imigrant workers will not stand up for themselves, recent changes to vehicle usage within policies are ridiculous and an over the top reaction to a recent DCSI memo.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Disrespectful management with an uncaring attitude
27 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working with us has not been positive. We can assure you that no policies are developed with the intent of alienating or negatively impacting our staff. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience of our workers, we would like to hear these too. We want HenderCare staff to feel valued and can only get better when we get this kind of feedback. Thank you.