HenderCare

47: HenderCare Employee Reviews

Australia47 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Lack of communication

Had nothing but issues with the companies communication. As much work as you need but they continuously call you to do more. Staff changes all the time doesn't help field workers.

15 August 2022
We always strive to deliver a positive employment experience. Are you able to please send further details about your concerns to quality@hendercare.com.au so we can look into this? Thank you.

Great opportunities for career progression

I've been with HenderCare for almost 5 years and have no plans to look for work elsewhere. I have been offered excellent career progression opportunities within HenderCare since I started and have always had support from my managers. It's a great place to work.

Pros

career progression

Supportive and exciting environment to be a part of

HenderCare offers an environment for employees to feel supported in their roles and their strengths. As a team member, I feel seen and heard in my ideas and what I can offer in my role.The energy and environment that is created by team members around you make it a comforting space to be able to perform as an individual but also in your team.

29 August 2022
Thank you for this great review! We are so glad that you enjoy working at HenderCare and feel seen and heard with your ideas! We are happy you are a part of the team!

A really supportive place to work

Have been working at HenderCare for several years now and have found management to be supportive with great opportunities for career advancement. Can't fault it - best place I've worked!

22 August 2022
We are so glad you love working for HenderCare! Thank you for this review, and we are glad to have you as a part of the HenderCare team :)

Absolute joke! Place is a scam.

Without question the worst job ever. I did over 5 hours on induction and wasn’t paid a cent. Work 8 hour days and only get paid for 6 as your only paid for the hours your at properties.I use all my own equipment, trailer mower etc. honestly not worth your time.

Pros

Can’t think of one

Cons

Yes it is indeed a con

24 July 2022
Thank you for providing us with this feedback. So we can look into your experience, can you please email quality@hendercare.com.au? Thank you.

Work elsewhere, disorganized

Lack of communication between staff to workers and clients is terrible, clients are complaining to me how they have to organise their own workers as office doesnt get back to them, txt you when your on leave even though you have told them your on leave 2 months before, some clients were not told i was on leave even though i sent a list off all clients and service, me doing there job

4 July 2022
Thank you for this feedback. We are an organisation that places a focus on continuous improvement, so we can look into your experience, are you able to please email quality@hendercare.com.au with more details. Thank you.

Productive with great team work

Great place to work. Awesome management, fair and very understanding and supportive. They pay well for all positions and there's lots of room to grow and move up in the company. Friendly staff. Incredibly fast paced work environment with high pressure constantly but very rewarding work. Worked there quite a while ago so can't speak for what's going on these days but still friends with management there. The companies grown 10 fold since I was there. Not sure what else I can say about it. I'm summary they're great to work for.

23 May 2022
Thank you for this feedback - we love to hear that you enjoyed working with us. :)

Parental role required

Must be a calm responsible person Working with diverse cultures and personalities Excellent job variety Cooking and Cleaning skills required Efficient time management skills

It's like a scam working in this company only care about their benefits

Unmanaged and they don't even have a mobile app. They don't provide gloves, mask just Tshirt only. They don't provide travel allowance as well. Very selfish and cleaver if you wanted to change it to full time. No travel allowance, no staff support always giving house cleaning only two hours job in one hour. Under payed. Self fish company. Don't recommend anyone to work with such a selfish company only think of own benefits only.

2 May 2022
Hi. So we can look into your feedback further can you please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au. As a health care employer, we always provide staff with the appropriate PPE as needed for their role and in line with state health regulations. Your experience does not match the majority of our workforce so we would like to see what caused this review and hope that you can provide us with further detail. Thank you.

Stay away

Underpaid shift compaired to other similar agencies. No over time pay at all. Never got my money back for the deposit after having resigned and returned uniforms etc. Contacted the office multiple times, they just ignored my emails. I assume a lot of workers just give up their deposit just like me. Some coordinators are very rude, hold a grudge if workers refused to cover uneconomical shifts like asking carers to travel 1hr for just 1hr shift etc.When I tried to reach out to coordinators and managers, never get followed up. Leaves you feeling inconspicuous, insignificant.Coordinators double booked carer’s shifts but on the other hand, almost always left with no one showing up to work even after informing the office. Overall, stay away from Hendercare. I am glad that I left the company so that now I can see how badly Hendercar treats workers.

Pros

Cons

Under pay, rude coordinators, unstable hours, poor communications

9 November 2021
Thank you for providing us with feedback, unfortunately, your experience with us has not been reflective of that experienced by the majority of our team. So we can look into your specific concerns, can you please email us outlining more detail to quality@hendercare.com.au. Thank you.

Lack of communication between staff and carers

The Perth branch leaves a lot to be desired for. No carer support. Lack of communication no empathy No client information before arriving. Do not take clients into consideration.

9 November 2021
Thank you for providing this feedback. So we can look into this further, please email quality@hendercare.com.au with more information. Thank you.

Use caution

Always have another employer because they WILL NOT hesitate to pull the rug out from under you rather than to risk losing a client with a lot of hours. I loved my job until the day I was blindsided.

Pros

Phone people were great

Cons

Hours not given out fairly

10 May 2021
Hi, thank you for this review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good employment experience with us. So we can look into this further for you, are you able to please provide further details to hr@hendercare.com.au?Thank you.

Poor communication by coordinators and management

Unfortunately Underpaid passive shift. Way Below rate. After long attempt to communicate with office management about this, no action was returned to compensate after several follow ups. When you write formal emails and courteous messages, they are Never returned by coordinators and managers. Leaves you feeling inconspicuous, insignificant!Coordinators sometimes double booked the Carer’s shifts but on the other hand, almost always left with no one showing up to work even after informing the office, hours or days prior. Usually having to work overtime with No OT pay.*HR personnel was amazing and professional though!

Pros

You get to choose when you work

Cons

Coordinators and team leaders are never on your side

8 March 2021
Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. Are you able to please email quality@hendercare.com.au so we are able to look into the specifics of your concerns so they can be addressed? Thank you.

I love HenderCare

I am very proud to work in an organisation that supports so many clients to live their lives independantly in their chosen communities. I am proud to know staff who have worked for us for many many years and who are also passionate about caring for others. I work along side amazing people who I know will work with me to achieve sometimes, nearly impossible services but who will also laugh, share a joke and make day to day life in the office so enjoyable. Its been a life changing 16.5 years!

Pros

Well established organisation who provide excellent care across many sectors

10 August 2020
We love to hear this feedback, thank you. Working for us for 16.5 years means you must certainly love your job and find it rewarding!

A growing business that has lots of opportunities

HenderCare is a growing organisation, and has lots of opportunities. It has gone through a bit of change recently, and the organisation is working hard to keep up to date with changing client needs.

10 August 2020
We are glad to hear that you believe the business provides a lot of opportunities for our employees. Thank you for your feedback.

A wonderful place to work - always feel appreciated

I've now worked at HenderCare for more than two years and have never enjoyed working for a business as much. The business is run ethically and there is a genuine level of appreciation given to staff. Management care about staff and clients.

Pros

staff benefits program, flexibility, work-life-balance

10 August 2020
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. It is important to us that HenderCare always operates ethically and we are glad that this is apparent.

Don’t even bother applying

Melbourne office management and some of the staff are unethical, dishonest, full of false promises, they are bullies who discriminate, disrespectful, uncaring people.

29 June 2020
We are sorry to read this feedback. We can see you are a current employee, are you able to please provide more detail by emailing quality@hendercare.com.au or, if you prefer, please speak with our HR Manager so we are able to address your concerns. Thank you.

Worse Management

No training & orientation provided prior to the job started. Suddenly call off all my shifts without giving any explanations or details about what did I do wrong. Tried to contact staffs to ask about it but never get back from them.

Pros

not supportive to their staffs

22 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your employment experience. Are you able to please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au with further information regarding your experience so we are able to follow up? Thank you.

Was a fun and dynamic environment to work

I loved working at Hendercare. I worked with Aboriginal clients and worked within their culture. It was a challenging job and high risk. I cared for infants up to 18 years of age.

1 June 2020
Thank you so much for this review. We are happy to hear that you have found the work both fun and dynamic. Thank you for your contribution :)

Not happy with the management

I had a bad experience with the management. Even though I am doing my job well. The manager don't have consideration. I work as a casual but she gets angry sometimes regarding shift bookings

13 April 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Can you please email quality@hendercare.com.au with further details so we are able to follow up on the matter? Thank you

I would not recommend them it is all about the money for them

They put your life at risk and could not care less if you get hurt as long as shift gets covered there rude nasty nasty people your busy until your not needed then bad luck sit at home fo nothing

1 April 2020
Hi, we are sorry to hear that your employment experience with us has not been positive. Can you please send us an email outlining your concerns to quality@hendercare.com.au so we are able to look into this further. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HenderCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HenderCare with

Learn about HenderCare in popular locations

• HenderCare