HenderCare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HenderCare Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Poor communication by coordinators and management

Unfortunately Underpaid passive shift. Way Below rate. After long attempt to communicate with office management about this, no action was returned to compensate after several follow ups. When you write formal emails and courteous messages, they are Never returned by coordinators and managers. Leaves you feeling inconspicuous, insignificant!Coordinators sometimes double booked the Carer’s shifts but on the other hand, almost always left with no one showing up to work even after informing the office, hours or days prior. Usually having to work overtime with No OT pay.*HR personnel was amazing and professional though!

Pros

You get to choose when you work

Cons

Coordinators and team leaders are never on your side

8 March 2021
Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience. Are you able to please email quality@hendercare.com.au so we are able to look into the specifics of your concerns so they can be addressed? Thank you.

Amazing support from the team

Though I am new and still learning, but so far it has been one of the most amazing job experience I have ever had. A cohesive, multi cultural, positive and caring team. My Team Leader, and college are so supportive. Despite how busy and intense the environment can be at times. I personally appreciate how approachable Manager, HR and other coporate body are. I also love seeing how HenderCare are caring not just with the clients but with their own staff. It offers a great work life balance.

Pros

Support team environment

Cons

It gets very busy

5 July 2021
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that you are feeling so supported. We highly value our wonderful Service Delivery & Rostering team :)

Lack of communication between staff and carers

The Perth branch leaves a lot to be desired for. No carer support. Lack of communication no empathy No client information before arriving. Do not take clients into consideration.

Use caution

Always have another employer because they WILL NOT hesitate to pull the rug out from under you rather than to risk losing a client with a lot of hours. I loved my job until the day I was blindsided.

Pros

Phone people were great

Cons

Hours not given out fairly

10 May 2021
Hi, thank you for this review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good employment experience with us. So we can look into this further for you, are you able to please provide further details to hr@hendercare.com.au?Thank you.

I love HenderCare

I am very proud to work in an organisation that supports so many clients to live their lives independantly in their chosen communities. I am proud to know staff who have worked for us for many many years and who are also passionate about caring for others. I work along side amazing people who I know will work with me to achieve sometimes, nearly impossible services but who will also laugh, share a joke and make day to day life in the office so enjoyable. Its been a life changing 16.5 years!

Pros

Well established organisation who provide excellent care across many sectors

10 August 2020
We love to hear this feedback, thank you. Working for us for 16.5 years means you must certainly love your job and find it rewarding!

A growing business that has lots of opportunities

HenderCare is a growing organisation, and has lots of opportunities. It has gone through a bit of change recently, and the organisation is working hard to keep up to date with changing client needs.

10 August 2020
We are glad to hear that you believe the business provides a lot of opportunities for our employees. Thank you for your feedback.

A wonderful place to work - always feel appreciated

I've now worked at HenderCare for more than two years and have never enjoyed working for a business as much. The business is run ethically and there is a genuine level of appreciation given to staff. Management care about staff and clients.

Pros

staff benefits program, flexibility, work-life-balance

10 August 2020
Thank you for this wonderful feedback. It is important to us that HenderCare always operates ethically and we are glad that this is apparent.

Don’t even bother applying

Melbourne office management and some of the staff are unethical, dishonest, full of false promises, they are bullies who discriminate, disrespectful, uncaring people.

29 June 2020
We are sorry to read this feedback. We can see you are a current employee, are you able to please provide more detail by emailing quality@hendercare.com.au or, if you prefer, please speak with our HR Manager so we are able to address your concerns. Thank you.

Worse Management

No training & orientation provided prior to the job started. Suddenly call off all my shifts without giving any explanations or details about what did I do wrong. Tried to contact staffs to ask about it but never get back from them.

Pros

not supportive to their staffs

22 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your employment experience. Are you able to please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au with further information regarding your experience so we are able to follow up? Thank you.

Was a fun and dynamic environment to work

I loved working at Hendercare. I worked with Aboriginal clients and worked within their culture. It was a challenging job and high risk. I cared for infants up to 18 years of age.

1 June 2020
Thank you so much for this review. We are happy to hear that you have found the work both fun and dynamic. Thank you for your contribution :)

Jobs at HenderCare

See more jobs

Not happy with the management

I had a bad experience with the management. Even though I am doing my job well. The manager don't have consideration. I work as a casual but she gets angry sometimes regarding shift bookings

13 April 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Can you please email quality@hendercare.com.au with further details so we are able to follow up on the matter? Thank you

I would not recommend them it is all about the money for them

They put your life at risk and could not care less if you get hurt as long as shift gets covered there rude nasty nasty people your busy until your not needed then bad luck sit at home fo nothing

1 April 2020
Hi, we are sorry to hear that your employment experience with us has not been positive. Can you please send us an email outlining your concerns to quality@hendercare.com.au so we are able to look into this further. Thank you.

Excellent

There is more job opportunities for people like me and the staff are very friendly and care for our personal needs. They provide me with jobs that is convenient to my liking and closer to home.

10 February 2020
Thank you for this feedback, we are delighted to hear that you are finding the role such a good fit for your lifestyle. Please always let us know of ways we can further improve by emailing quality@hendercare.com.au.

The management at the Melbourne office if pathetic, they don’t return phone calls or reply to emails or texts. Pays are wrong every week. They don’t care about their clients and they are all about the money. Worst company ever!

3 February 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Are you able to please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au so we can look into your complaint and get a better understanding of the issues you have experienced? Thank you.

Enjoy workplace although some resident is a bit difficult but I manage to handle.

Easy to pass the time but the work hours are never enough. Some day is good but one day is never been better. I have learned to help the elderly whatever they need in their daily life. The most enjoyable job I have ever had is with a blind couple. They are so fun and we had a good time together especially shopping. They really enjoying with me and we had a good time together. I have learned a lot of Australia Vision.

11 November 2019
Thanks for your review. Always good to hear people are finding their roles rewarding.

Casual role in Aged Care Sector

I enjoyed my time at Hendercare and my role as a domestic assistant. I found the elderly people I met to be really lovely, friendly people who always had a smile on their faces and were happy to see me, which often made my day.

30 September 2019
Thank you for this feedback, it sounds like you are exactly the type of caring person we need to help support older members of our community. :)

Working in the Community

Working in the Community. No day is ever boring. Clients are always happy to see you. Feel appreciated and valued. Management and support is good, Workplace culture is good, the enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have made a positive difference.

30 September 2019
We love this feedback, thank you. Feeling rewarded and supported in your job is so important and we are delighted you are having this experience with HenderCare. :)

Domestic care

Working with Hendercare is a very rewarding job my main goals are working with the elderly to assist them in the domestics of the home for example cooking,cleaning,laundry,shopping and just listening to there stories is my view . At the end of the day my reward is knowing they where happy with my services rk and our little char

30 September 2019
Thanks for this feedback. We are really glad to hear that you find your job so rewarding.

Thoroughly Enjoy doing this job

the most rewarding job I have had you get to interact with the elderly and helping them with their day to day tasks...Very rewarding. I love helping people.

Pros

you get to meet a lot of really lovely people

8 April 2019
We are so thrilled to read this feedback! We are so proud of the work that our team members do out in the community and are glad that you are finding it so personally rewarding.

working as a team to make a difference

Shifts can be very long, you never know what sort of day you will have, either a calm fun day, or a day with behaviors and trauma, but to see these children smile, laugh, and or change their learnt behaviors to a positive, even thou some changes are very small, it is extremely rewarding. The causal position and the way it works you have the freedom to take time off as you please, as much or as little as you need.

Pros

choice of hours

Cons

Casual- no job security

27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are thrilled that you find your work rewarding and have chosen to work with HenderCare.

good working enviroment

coordinators are efficient and reliable, lots of work available all over Adelaide, get to work with many people in the community. can work as little or as much as you like

26 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback, we love to hear these kind of reviews.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HenderCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HenderCare
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?