HenderCare Employee Reviews

Thoroughly Enjoy doing this job
Bond Cleaner and Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ipswich QLD2 April 2019
the most rewarding job I have had you get to interact with the elderly and helping them with their day to day tasks...Very rewarding. I love helping people.
Pros
you get to meet a lot of really lovely people
8 April 2019

We are so thrilled to read this feedback! We are so proud of the work that our team members do out in the community and are glad that you are finding it so personally rewarding.

working as a team to make a difference
Emergency Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide Metro SA11 August 2018
Shifts can be very long, you never know what sort of day you will have, either a calm fun day, or a day with behaviors and trauma, but to see these children smile, laugh, and or change their learnt behaviors to a positive, even thou some changes are very small, it is extremely rewarding. The causal position and the way it works you have the freedom to take time off as you please, as much or as little as you need.
Pros
choice of hours
Cons
Casual- no job security
27 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback. We are thrilled that you find your work rewarding and have chosen to work with HenderCare.

good working enviroment
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA11 August 2018
coordinators are efficient and reliable, lots of work available all over Adelaide, get to work with many people in the community. can work as little or as much as you like
26 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback, we love to hear these kind of reviews.

nice place to work
SA Care Worker/Enrolled Nurse Job Adelaide (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA30 July 2018
nice place to work all the staff friendlis
management are ok
work ethic is followed thoroughly
its was an on call job and you were given a enough time to decide whether or not you will work
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
27 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback. We are glad to see that you have found working with us a positive experience.

nil
Emergency Accommodation worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA20 June 2018
staff needed more support from management, and more open communications to be able to work safely and officially in an individual or team environment.
27 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback. If you have suggestions of where we can improve or specific examples of the difficulties you encountered, we would appreciate if you could please email us at hello@hendercare.com.au. We are always seeking ways to improve our staff experience and your feedback will help.

good people to work with and fun with the kids.
Emergency Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA27 May 2018
I loved working with the kids that I had to care for, the staff where great to learn from, good team . I was on call 24/7 and got lots of shifts. I enjoyed all the training provided in the head office. Hendercare were a very supportive company and a pleasure to work for. I unfortunately had my time cut short for working, because I had accident that put me in hospital and in a wheel chair for 6 months while I waiting to have my back surgery on my spine and also surgery on my knee and i couldn't carry in working due to all the pain meditation i was on.
Pros
Free Training
Cons
long shifts
27 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback. We are really glad to hear that you found the training useful and the organisation supportive. We hope that you have now recovered from your accident.

HR out of touch and over the top policy makers
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 February 2018
Recent policy changes are aimed at alienating staff, and will hinder future recruitment of good workers. Coordinators are for the most part good but there are some who require training in their rudeness towards carers. Hendercare have proved to me why this industry has a massive turn over of staff. Low wages, policies breach areas of Fair Work Act, management threaten staff to take away work under unfair policies. Compulsory training under fair work requires that staff be paid to for their hours HR refuse to come to the party or even converse. They will get away with it because imigrant workers will not stand up for themselves, recent changes to vehicle usage within policies are ridiculous and an over the top reaction to a recent DCSI memo.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Disrespectful management with an uncaring attitude
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working with us has not been positive. We can assure you that no policies are developed with the intent of alienating or negatively impacting our staff. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience of our workers, we would like to hear these too. We want HenderCare staff to feel valued and can only get better when we get this kind of feedback. Thank you.

Flexible
Emergency Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA20 November 2017
Hardest part of the job is working with new staff whom may not be child focused. Otherwise, great fun to work with young people in care- quite challenging at times. Definitely need to have a therapeutic/understanding approach - and the ability to juggle between social workers, ips workers, other youth workers and the HC office coordinators & HR. Lots of communication & documentation on a daily basis.
27 February 2019

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you have found our flexibility and communication useful in your role.

Worth an application!
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA31 August 2017
An extremely challenging but rewarding role caring for at-risk children and youth with a range of differing needs.

I was given a lengthy induction which gave me a good understanding of my role and expectations, including the limitations of providing child-focused care.

The work can be difficult at times but the coordinators and managers are very supportive, being very clear and direct about providing high quality care to vulnerable clients. Having 24 hour support is also a great advantage when other places I've worked for have limited after-hours support.

I work with some amazing Care Workers who are just as passionate, making it an enjoyable experience most days.

As much as the work is at times unpredictable, I feel supported and know that I'm doing an important job.
Pros
Paid weekly, 24 hour support, training and development, great experience
27 February 2019

We are thrilled with this feedback, thank you. We are glad that you are feeling supported in your role and that your induction was useful. We hope that you continue to enjoy your role with HenderCare but if you have any suggestions how we can further improve, please email feedback@hendercare.com.au. Thank you.

Producive workplace
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA22 May 2017
Great supportive company, always ready to help workers when needed. Ready to train staff member if need more training. Very community base company. Company made sure clients were happy at all times.
27 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback. To hear that you have found us supportive and always ready to help and provide further training is wonderful.

Great pay, professional and flexible.
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  South Australia4 May 2017
I worked for Hendercare prior to having my daughter. The pay was great, the staff were professional and I received as many hours as I wanted. The previous reviews must be from poor workers who were unable to do the job well and therefore received less hours. As a mum I am looking forward to returning to work because of the flexibility.
27 February 2019

Thank you for this feedback. We are so glad you have enjoyed your time working with us and hope that you are now back on deck as one of our much-valued team members.

Shocking Management and Training
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Australia2 March 2017
Very long hours and underpaid No on the job training given you are just thrown into the job. Management offer absolutely no support for further training even after repeated requests. Shocking office politics and work culture.
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working with us has not been positive. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience of our workers, we would like to hear these too. We want HenderCare staff to feel valued and can only get better when we get this kind of feedback. Thank you.

Disorganised rostering, rude office staff, low pay
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 February 2017
This is probably one of the worst companies that I have worked for. They expect you to be available but give you your roster as late as Saturday for the following week. You don't know if they are going to give you two shifts or six shifts, or no shifts, it's impossible to plan. They often double book or get the day or time wrong. All the booking is done via the phone, they have no electronic rostering like similar companies do so it leads to mistakes a lot. When you ring the office some of the people are very abrupt and rude. There is very little support or back up in the field. The pay is less than similar companies too.They have lost a lot of contracts in recent years to better organised companies that treat their staff a lot better.
Pros
Cons
Disorganised, poor communication between the office and staff in the field, never knowing how much work if any you will get
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working with us has not been positive. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience with us, we would like to hear these too. Thank you.

Fun
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Austrailia21 February 2017
Loved it but was to face away from home but gained lots of experience here and enjoyed it while I was there it was a lot mor relaxed environment than working in ireland. This is where I figured out I'd like to be a care assistant
27 February 2019

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and it cemented your desire to be a care assistant.

In consistent hours loads of travel
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 December 2016
Last minute work offered all over town for an hour or two shift travel is extensively high work is unreliable and little contact between office and STAFF becareful not to knock back anything offered or you may not be offered anymore for a while
Pros
If you like short shifts and loads of travel good
Cons
Last minute call in last minute cancels

Organised, helpful staff
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA17 December 2015
Very rarely will you see another staff member as you are texted your rostered day the night before. The text will tell where and when you have to be at a job. After completion of the job the client will need to sign your time sheet. At the end of the week you scan and send your timesheet to payroll.

Pros:
* working alone
* no hovering boss
* get to know clients

Cons:
* Only get the following day's roster less than 24 hours before hand (difficult to make plans)
* Not paid for travel time! If it takes you a 30 minute drive between client A and B you are not getting paid for it!
* You pay for ALL your own petrol between clients.
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you have found us organised but are always looking to make improvements. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with any suggestions about ways we can improve the employee experience. Thank you.

Productive and fun loving place
HR CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Australia27 July 2015
End of End recruitment, performance management, training, manpower planning, giving all HR feedback to the management.
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you found working for us productive and enjoy your role.

Not enjoyable work.
Disability support worker, used as a youth worker (Former Employee) –  Adelaide9 December 2013
Long hours and not pleasent work, very low job security.
A typical day would consist of baby sitting children and young adults in state care, who do not want to be baby sat, young people with extreme behavual problems.
Basic house work such as cooking and claening when required.
Also active and passive sleepovers.
Reporting missing persons to SApol and filling out forms when clients abscond.
Pros
Cons
Working with very difficult children and young adults, very low job security.
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience with us, we would like to hear these too. Thank you.

enjoy working in the community
carer (Current Employee) –  Adelaide suburbs (community care )17 December 2012
i enjoy working in this line of work as i am a real people person, and i enjoy the differant challenges that i face.the hardest part of the job is having to say good bye to your clients .the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have made someones day special or rewarding . you know you have by them smiling upon your arrival .
Pros
differant varietys of work
Cons
saying goodbye
27 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your role, it sounds like you do a wonderful job with our service recipients.

Assisting patients with day to day living
personel carer (Former Employee) –  adelaide23 October 2012
Enjoyed work but didnt enjoy the travel between jobs and short shifts of 1 hour. Lack of communication between management and carers as on several shifts two carers would turn up fir same shift and then other times no carer at all!!!
Pros
nice clients
Cons
short shifts
27 February 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HenderCare. Our community is ready to answer.