HenderCare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HenderCare Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.6Work–Life Balance
3.0Job Security & Advancement

good people to work with and fun with the kids.

I loved working with the kids that I had to care for, the staff where great to learn from, good team . I was on call 24/7 and got lots of shifts. I enjoyed all the training provided in the head office. Hendercare were a very supportive company and a pleasure to work for. I unfortunately had my time cut short for working, because I had accident that put me in hospital and in a wheel chair for 6 months while I waiting to have my back surgery on my spine and also surgery on my knee and i couldn't carry in working due to all the pain meditation i was on.

Pros

Free Training

Cons

long shifts

27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are really glad to hear that you found the training useful and the organisation supportive. We hope that you have now recovered from your accident.

A growing business that has lots of opportunities

HenderCare is a growing organisation, and has lots of opportunities. It has gone through a bit of change recently, and the organisation is working hard to keep up to date with changing client needs.

10 August 2020
We are glad to hear that you believe the business provides a lot of opportunities for our employees. Thank you for your feedback.

Worse Management

No training & orientation provided prior to the job started. Suddenly call off all my shifts without giving any explanations or details about what did I do wrong. Tried to contact staffs to ask about it but never get back from them.

Pros

not supportive to their staffs

22 June 2020
We are sorry to hear that this has been your employment experience. Are you able to please email us at quality@hendercare.com.au with further information regarding your experience so we are able to follow up? Thank you.

working as a team to make a difference

Shifts can be very long, you never know what sort of day you will have, either a calm fun day, or a day with behaviors and trauma, but to see these children smile, laugh, and or change their learnt behaviors to a positive, even thou some changes are very small, it is extremely rewarding. The causal position and the way it works you have the freedom to take time off as you please, as much or as little as you need.

Pros

choice of hours

Cons

Casual- no job security

27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are thrilled that you find your work rewarding and have chosen to work with HenderCare.

Great pay, professional and flexible.

I worked for Hendercare prior to having my daughter. The pay was great, the staff were professional and I received as many hours as I wanted. The previous reviews must be from poor workers who were unable to do the job well and therefore received less hours. As a mum I am looking forward to returning to work because of the flexibility.

27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are so glad you have enjoyed your time working with us and hope that you are now back on deck as one of our much-valued team members.

Fun

Loved it but was to face away from home but gained lots of experience here and enjoyed it while I was there it was a lot mor relaxed environment than working in ireland. This is where I figured out I'd like to be a care assistant

27 February 2019
Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and it cemented your desire to be a care assistant.

In consistent hours loads of travel

Last minute work offered all over town for an hour or two shift travel is extensively high work is unreliable and little contact between office and STAFF becareful not to knock back anything offered or you may not be offered anymore for a while

Pros

If you like short shifts and loads of travel good

Cons

Last minute call in last minute cancels

27 February 2019
We are sorry to hear that your experience working with us has not been positive. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience with us, we would like to hear these too. Thank you.

Not enjoyable work.

Long hours and not pleasent work, very low job security. A typical day would consist of baby sitting children and young adults in state care, who do not want to be baby sat, young people with extreme behavual problems. Basic house work such as cooking and claening when required. Also active and passive sleepovers. Reporting missing persons to SApol and filling out forms when clients abscond.

Pros

Cons

Working with very difficult children and young adults, very low job security.

27 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience with us, we would like to hear these too. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HenderCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HenderCare
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?