HenderCare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HenderCare Work–Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.3Pay & Benefits

Casual role in Aged Care Sector

I enjoyed my time at Hendercare and my role as a domestic assistant. I found the elderly people I met to be really lovely, friendly people who always had a smile on their faces and were happy to see me, which often made my day.

30 September 2019
Thank you for this feedback, it sounds like you are exactly the type of caring person we need to help support older members of our community. :)

I love HenderCare

I am very proud to work in an organisation that supports so many clients to live their lives independantly in their chosen communities. I am proud to know staff who have worked for us for many many years and who are also passionate about caring for others. I work along side amazing people who I know will work with me to achieve sometimes, nearly impossible services but who will also laugh, share a joke and make day to day life in the office so enjoyable. Its been a life changing 16.5 years!

Pros

Well established organisation who provide excellent care across many sectors

10 August 2020
We love to hear this feedback, thank you. Working for us for 16.5 years means you must certainly love your job and find it rewarding!

A growing business that has lots of opportunities

HenderCare is a growing organisation, and has lots of opportunities. It has gone through a bit of change recently, and the organisation is working hard to keep up to date with changing client needs.

10 August 2020
We are glad to hear that you believe the business provides a lot of opportunities for our employees. Thank you for your feedback.

I would not recommend them it is all about the money for them

They put your life at risk and could not care less if you get hurt as long as shift gets covered there rude nasty nasty people your busy until your not needed then bad luck sit at home fo nothing

1 April 2020
Hi, we are sorry to hear that your employment experience with us has not been positive. Can you please send us an email outlining your concerns to quality@hendercare.com.au so we are able to look into this further. Thank you.

Excellent

There is more job opportunities for people like me and the staff are very friendly and care for our personal needs. They provide me with jobs that is convenient to my liking and closer to home.

10 February 2020
Thank you for this feedback, we are delighted to hear that you are finding the role such a good fit for your lifestyle. Please always let us know of ways we can further improve by emailing quality@hendercare.com.au.

Working in the Community

Working in the Community. No day is ever boring. Clients are always happy to see you. Feel appreciated and valued. Management and support is good, Workplace culture is good, the enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have made a positive difference.

30 September 2019
We love this feedback, thank you. Feeling rewarded and supported in your job is so important and we are delighted you are having this experience with HenderCare. :)

working as a team to make a difference

Shifts can be very long, you never know what sort of day you will have, either a calm fun day, or a day with behaviors and trauma, but to see these children smile, laugh, and or change their learnt behaviors to a positive, even thou some changes are very small, it is extremely rewarding. The causal position and the way it works you have the freedom to take time off as you please, as much or as little as you need.

Pros

choice of hours

Cons

Casual- no job security

27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. We are thrilled that you find your work rewarding and have chosen to work with HenderCare.

Producive workplace

Great supportive company, always ready to help workers when needed. Ready to train staff member if need more training. Very community base company. Company made sure clients were happy at all times.

27 February 2019
Thank you for this feedback. To hear that you have found us supportive and always ready to help and provide further training is wonderful.

Shocking Management and Training

Very long hours and underpaid No on the job training given you are just thrown into the job. Management offer absolutely no support for further training even after repeated requests. Shocking office politics and work culture.

27 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience working with us has not been positive. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience of our workers, we would like to hear these too. We want HenderCare staff to feel valued and can only get better when we get this kind of feedback. Thank you.

Organised, helpful staff

Very rarely will you see another staff member as you are texted your rostered day the night before. The text will tell where and when you have to be at a job. After completion of the job the client will need to sign your time sheet. At the end of the week you scan and send your timesheet to payroll. Pros: * working alone * no hovering boss * get to know clients Cons: * Only get the following day's roster less than 24 hours before hand (difficult to make plans) * Not paid for travel time! If it takes you a 30 minute drive between client A and B you are not getting paid for it! * You pay for ALL your own petrol between clients.

27 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you have found us organised but are always looking to make improvements. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with any suggestions about ways we can improve the employee experience. Thank you.

Not enjoyable work.

Long hours and not pleasent work, very low job security. A typical day would consist of baby sitting children and young adults in state care, who do not want to be baby sat, young people with extreme behavual problems. Basic house work such as cooking and claening when required. Also active and passive sleepovers. Reporting missing persons to SApol and filling out forms when clients abscond.

Pros

Cons

Working with very difficult children and young adults, very low job security.

27 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. Are you able to please email us at feedback@hendercare.com.au with the specific problems you experienced? If you have suggestions about how to improve the employment experience with us, we would like to hear these too. Thank you.

enjoy working in the community

i enjoy working in this line of work as i am a real people person, and i enjoy the differant challenges that i face.the hardest part of the job is having to say good bye to your clients .the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have made someones day special or rewarding . you know you have by them smiling upon your arrival .

Pros

differant varietys of work

Cons

saying goodbye

27 February 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you have enjoyed your role, it sounds like you do a wonderful job with our service recipients.

Assisting patients with day to day living

Enjoyed work but didnt enjoy the travel between jobs and short shifts of 1 hour. Lack of communication between management and carers as on several shifts two carers would turn up fir same shift and then other times no carer at all!!!

Pros

nice clients

Cons

short shifts

27 February 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HenderCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• HenderCare
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?