Heritage Bank

15: Heritage Bank Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Good culture, a Bank that genuinely cares about its customers

Heritage do care about their customers and their staff. They have a strong culture within their teams and you will build lasting relationships. They have alot of community involvement that can be fulfilling and their staff can contribute to their local communities.Can be slow paced at times which can make you feel like you are not moving forward. Alternatively given can sometimes be slow staffing models do not support the busy times

Fast-paced, Professional and Serious

It is a fast-pace, cutthroat and professional industry/environment. Heritage Bank try to make the job fun and professional at the same time, however these two often clash. Management (up to Branch Manager level) are very supportive and genuinely care for you and make working there a good reason to stay. The less you see of regional management the better, they are in that position for a reason. As far as working in the Banking industry, (all banks being similar) Heritage Bank is a great choice. Easy to advance and great benefits as well. - - - - - - - -

Pros

Job security and progression, Direct managers are lovely and you feel supported, Good benefits, No two days are the same

Cons

Upper management don't care (despite what they preach), Fine lines on what you can say to peers, Salary (for lower levels), Especially for newbies, you have to be very professional; and serious all the time, despite everyone else joking and playing around.

Bad management

Management is bad and disrespectful to others. I wouldn’t recommend this work place to my friends. Front office and management treat people and customers poorly. Rude to those less fortunate. If your not in their clicky circle you are treated unfairly, belittled and made to feel unwanted in the business.

For a bank that puts people first, they really neglect their employees

I came from a background in mortgage management for some of the largest banks in Australia. Started with this bank and was not able to talk to customers for the first 6 months until I had been certified via their mortgage channel. Required to find business, but was not allowed to leave the branch to pursue. Very outdated systems meant lots of work, lost paperwork and very slow approval times for any customer wanting a loan.

Positive environment to work

Working in the contact centre at Heritage was always a fun place to be, my co workers were always friendly and our days consisted of reaching as many people as possible, whilst still maintaining a healthy social relationship between ourselves. Management were always available and helpful in day to day work life and assisted in any areas we struggled with. For example. Unhappy customers who required extra attention. The staff were always friendly and happy to help customers, which made a great atmosphere for work.

Pros

Casual Friday

Cons

No particular cons for this job!

Alright for a small bank

Having come from another bank I thought Heritage was a little bit behind in terms of technology. Also not much room to advance and management was rather pressuring.

Pros

Good staff

IT service Management

The team consist of the finest hands that are responsible for first level support to users and escalation to the tier 2 and 3 support officers for resolution. we also manage print services and remote access to user PC for resolution of all user issues.

Great banking organisation

Enjoyable company to work for with a great culture and members first attitude. Highly recommended to any employee. Many employee benefits through a diverse range of opportunitites

good place to work

a structured banking environment, sales driven with some fun thrown in. high inbound call volume, but very manageable.

Pros

good comfortable working conditions

Cons

technology old

Heritage

Not a pleasant place to work or company to be apart of. As I do not have anything good to say I will reframe from commenting further.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Great Place to Work

Great place to work, best company that really understand life/work/family balance. Further advancement and education is desired by this company for all employees.

Focused on sales

Focused on sales first, customer second. More interested in achieving sales targets rather than focusing on customer needs. Offered great products, which would benefit a lot of Bank's customer but the heavy selling focus turned customers away.

Pros

Close to home

Career growth & opportunities

Diversity of work duties, I have learned so much since working for the bank. I thoroughly love my job, the opportunities it's given me both with work life balance and career growth. Management and co-workers treating me like I'm a team member and person not a number. I enjoy every aspect of my job with the bank, I love getting out of bed and going to work every day. I like being treated like a person and not a number, plus all the opportunities at my disposal.

Pros

work life balance, pay, bonuses, career growth opportunities, being while you train.

Customers first.

I really like working for this company, I like their morals and values and the way they contribute back into the community. I like being on the counter and the interaction that I get with customer of all ages and walks of life. I treat everyone as I want to be treated as it really not hard to make someones day, just through friendly conversation, a smile or a compliment.

Pros

Customers and people interaction

Cons

Sales

Great working enviromet

working with in Heritage was a great experience. The skill and knowledge gained will be a great asset.

Pros

Training

Cons

Travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Heritage Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Heritage Bank