Hey Dee Ho Educational Services
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
View all Hey Dee Ho Educational Services reviews

Hey Dee Ho Educational Services

Hey Dee Ho Educational Services Employee Review

It is what you make it to be

Found that the first six months were quite experimental. Where schools were supportive, it was great. Where schools considered you as part of the 'child-minding' team, it was impossible to run the classes.

Not worth it

Overpromised and under delivered. You get told at the interview you'll be working a minimum of 7 hours and travel is paid. It is not. It was barely 3 hours but required 4.5 hours of driving to get to those 3 hours. The manager was mean and nothing was good enough for her standards. Constant critique was e-mailed and texted to us. She shared a lot of non work information that had nothing to do with our job and also messaged up to 7 times a day- EVERY DAY. If we didn't respond we were called unprofessional. I do think it was this particular manager that made my experience especially bad. Despite that it does take a lot of time to learn the weekly material. It may suit a parent who is home during the day and the programs are good for the kids but not worth it as a job. The salary is so minimal and by the time you factor in petrol costs it's nothing, and the workplace culture is unhealthy with constant gossip. You're also ranked weekly so you can see who on the team is the worst performer. Overall the job is not a healthy place to work. They could work on this as a company and change the culture or perhaps it was just this branch.

Pros

making kids smile

Cons

very low wage, lots of travel for little work
Same role

Great team to work with, loved the online training

I was running my own music teaching business, but wanted some extra hours - found the perfect job with hey dee ho! Wonderful people to work with, great online training tools so I could do it in my own time & flexible work arrangement. Fitted into my schedule running sessions in the morning & teaching in the afternoon. Challenging in all the right ways & the children are delightful. I walk in the room and feel like a rockstar.

Pros

Flexible, enjoyable work with kids

Cons

Wouldn't work as sole income.

Not a good experience

You learn thousands of songs by heart on your own time. You store props free of charge. You have to work alone. there is no back up. If there is an issue with a centre ie you worked there for years and had a day off and they complain because the company didn’t provide a sub- you will be sacked. getting a reference from them after the fact is difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hey Dee Ho Educational Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Hey Dee Ho Educational Services Reviews by Job Title

Hey Dee Ho Educational Services Reviews by Location

• Hey Dee Ho Educational Services
  • It is what you make it to be