Hey Dee Ho Educational Services

12: Hey Dee Ho Educational Services Employee Reviews

Australia12 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Fun, high energy and really rewarding

Wonderful company, a great job for energetic and well-organised singers. I had many great performance opportunities working with heydeeho, but the regular sessions were just as rewarding. The skills you develop through performing, teaching, managing your time and props, learning scripts and engaging with the community are invaluable. The company always provide plenty of great training opportunities and offer ongoing support.

I really enjoyed my time with Hey Dee Ho, they were very understanding of work life balance and supportive. Working with the kids was rewarding and seeing their faces light up when you enter the room was awesome. The content was easy to learn and teach. I will miss the job. It is a perfect job if your looking for extra work on the side, studying or have chronic illness. I highly recommend working with Hey Dee Ho.

Supportive, fun and rewarding workplace

With Hey Dee Ho Music, you have the opportunity to bring fun and educational music programs to young children and early learning centres. The management team are all very friendly and supportive and balance the needs of the children with the skills, availability, and wellbeing of the presenters. As a presenter, you largely work independently, preparing and delivering programs. However, with regular contact from your area manager and group training sessions throughout the year, you never feel isolated. Working with children can be difficult but it is incredibly fulfilling. Like all people, young children also have good and bad days which is important to keep in mind when delivering programs. Overall, knowing that the children are having fun and engaging with a program that is improving their cognitive and physical development is very rewarding.If you enjoy music and working with children, and are looking for a flexible job or supplementary work to your other job commitments, being a Presenter with Hey Dee Ho is the perfect choice.

Pros

Flexible hours, rewarding, fun, ability to work independently

Cons

Requires a small amount of preparation outside of work hours

A very fun and relaxed job, but it should be a side gig if you're not into it for the long haul.

I have worked there for 1.5 years. I absolutely loved it. The children's enthusiasm and awe will make up for anything that happens to you. The songs are easy to learn if you have a nice voice. It is a very rewarding job personally, with absolutely no work stress. But fair warning: if you don't like kids, or don't like driving, DO NOT APPLY, because it will show and have a negative impact on your performance. You have to have a fun, bubbly personality. There is a LOT of driving involved, with payment for your driving if it is more than 30 minutes. I do not recommend this job as a sole gig, as it will not pay your bills. But if you are in this for the long run, you can make it part of your business, and maybe buy a franchise.

Pros

The children and their attitude towards you

Cons

A LOT of driving

Best job I've ever had!

After working 7 years behind a desk performing office duties from 9-5 everyday, I looked up hey dee ho and it was the best thing I ever did! I started off as a Presenter and I was performing all the programs. It was a lot of work, hard work, but SO worth it. The children are your best friends, you feel like a celebrity everyday at work. Later, I became Area Manager, and even that is better than a typical office job. Definitely not suitable for those needing full time work, but it works perfectly around studies and parent life. Head office support is amazing - you know you can count on them to be there when you need, and the other franchisees are like a big family.Literally, the best job I've ever had!

Pros

Rewarding, singing, dancing, playing with children!

Cons

Not suitable for those seeking full time work.

Best job I've ever had!

Not ideal for those wanting full time work, all Presenter positions are casual, but after several years in an office, signing the contract as a Music Presenter & Area Manager was the best thing I ever did. All expenses are paid, management is supportive and most importantly, the job itself is fun.

Pros

Very rewarding!

Cons

Casual only

Not worth it

Overpromised and under delivered. You get told at the interview you'll be working a minimum of 7 hours and travel is paid. It is not. It was barely 3 hours but required 4.5 hours of driving to get to those 3 hours. The manager was mean and nothing was good enough for her standards. Constant critique was e-mailed and texted to us. She shared a lot of non work information that had nothing to do with our job and also messaged up to 7 times a day- EVERY DAY. If we didn't respond we were called unprofessional. I do think it was this particular manager that made my experience especially bad. Despite that it does take a lot of time to learn the weekly material. It may suit a parent who is home during the day and the programs are good for the kids but not worth it as a job. The salary is so minimal and by the time you factor in petrol costs it's nothing, and the workplace culture is unhealthy with constant gossip. You're also ranked weekly so you can see who on the team is the worst performer. Overall the job is not a healthy place to work. They could work on this as a company and change the culture or perhaps it was just this branch.

Pros

making kids smile

Cons

very low wage, lots of travel for little work

Perfect part time job to fit around family. Perfect work life balance. Find a job where you get paid to do something that you enjoy, and you'll never work a day in your life!

Pros

Enjoyable

Cons

Not full time hours

Great team to work with, loved the online training

I was running my own music teaching business, but wanted some extra hours - found the perfect job with hey dee ho! Wonderful people to work with, great online training tools so I could do it in my own time & flexible work arrangement. Fitted into my schedule running sessions in the morning & teaching in the afternoon. Challenging in all the right ways & the children are delightful. I walk in the room and feel like a rockstar.

Pros

Flexible, enjoyable work with kids

Cons

Wouldn't work as sole income.

Not a good experience

You learn thousands of songs by heart on your own time. You store props free of charge. You have to work alone. there is no back up. If there is an issue with a centre ie you worked there for years and had a day off and they complain because the company didn’t provide a sub- you will be sacked. getting a reference from them after the fact is difficult.

It is what you make it to be

Found that the first six months were quite experimental. Where schools were supportive, it was great. Where schools considered you as part of the 'child-minding' team, it was impossible to run the classes.

Rewarding and Fun

Presenting the hey dee ho programs does not feel like work. If you enjoy working with children, singing and generally being silly this is a great job. Watching the development of children in the early years is so rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hey Dee Ho Educational Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hey Dee Ho Educational Services with