Hill's Pet Nutrition Employee Reviews

Awesome company!!!!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX20 August 2019
I have been at Hillspet for two years, my only regret is that I didn’t start years ago! I highly recommend this company! The pay and benefits are above average!
great place to work
Operations Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY8 August 2019
great environment to work recommend to anyone great place to work, Managers care about employees great benefits and insurance its a
career job if you get employed
It's a good company to work for - only if you are a Hill's employee
outbound Agent - CSC (Customer Service Center) (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS1 August 2019
I knew from a month in that I was not a valuable employee, simply because I was only a 'temp' employee & not a full-fledged Hill's employee. My trainer was more concerned about training the new group in Lawrence than me. I was expendable & was thrown under the bus countless times, despite our group size going from six to two. If Hill's became the last company to work for, I'd rather live on the street and starve.
Bad management and favoritism there.
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IN7 July 2019
bad management there hard to move up in the company and grow here and to much favortizm here and hard to move here and they have there picks for advancement no matter how hard to work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to move up no matter how hard you work for them
Professionali, seri e precisi
Receptionist, centralinista, front office (Former Employee) –  Roma, Lazio17 June 2019
Ho lavorato in questa azienda per brevi periodi come sostituzione maternità e ferie, ma ho potuto constatare la grande serietà aziendale che contraddistingue questa grande multinazionale.
Pros
Buoni pasto, professionalità e serietà
Low pay avoid this place
Csr/delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX9 June 2019
First of all you are only capped a 45 hours and the manager micro manages his employees .benefit are good bu a little pricey and also the employees love to run and tell management what other employees are doing instead worrying about themselves toxic work environment
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Tells you one thing and does the opposite.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS29 May 2019
Worked through a temp agency. Was told that had a good chance of getting on to work for company full time permanent. Went through phone interview with a third party company and if they liked what they heard, then you would have face to face interview. Was denied job. Will tell you that they found someone with more experience, which in the face to face interview, the HR tells you that your resume looks impressive. Most of the employees were nice, but there were higher ups that wouldn't acknowledge your presence, unless they needed you to help them out. Some treated you differently and some treated you like you were one of them.From application process to the end takes forever. Be prepared to wait over a month to find out anything. The company doesn't really care about if they hire the temps even though they already know your work ethics.
Pros
Some of the employees are nice.
Cons
Makes promises they don't intend to keep.
Job Satisfaction Determined by Department
Animal Care & Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS25 April 2019
Hill’s can be a wonderful place to work and make a career. But it depends on whether you are salaried / hourly and management / office vs. hourly / lower tier employee.
Working in the office / professional areas at the HQ, you will be treated as a valued employee. Working as warehouse or Technician positions, you will be treated as someone to be micromanaged and untrustworthy. There is little to no advancement opportunities in the tech positions, unless you are a management favorite in these departments.
If you can keep your head down and stay away from the tattletales and gossips, you will do just fine.
Pros
Benefits, salary, some Work/life balance
Cons
Bad managers, strict attendance, favoritism
Great management with a company who really cares.
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY1 February 2019
The employees here tend to be older and have worked there for 10+ years. I loved the environment because everyone had the opportunity to talk and collaborate. Overall great experience with them.
Pros
Free lunches, time off, great internship program
Cons
Lack of community involvement
Fast paced
Operations Technician I (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KS10 January 2019
The problem is to work as a technician you must have experience and know what you are doing. But to get hired as a boss you need no experience what so ever.
Pros
Pay is ok for the area
Cons
Management is immature and arrogant
Very active internship.
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY9 December 2018
Hill's Pet Nutrition has a great internship program. They allow you to visit the corporate headquarters, provide experience in plant manufacturing, and builds important career skills. My typical day at work consisted of a standard morning meeting followed by time to work on any of my three projects and attend other plant meetings. The workplace had a great positive vibe with a lot of helpful employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was completing my projects and reviewing the results. The hardest part of my job was building relationships throughout the plant because my position was a summer internship only so my time was limited.
Pros
Respectful, caring, proactive
Great mission / terrible employee morale
marketing (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS26 November 2018
Work / life balance, autonomy and job satisfaction are very dependent upon your boss. Some are great. Some are not.

Hill's mission is great. Employee morale is terrible.
Great benefits and pay
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY7 November 2018
Great place to work with great benefits and pay. Just not much room to move up. 401k with up to 7 weeks off after 25 years of service. You also have the option to buy a week each year as well.
Benefits
Cons
Advancements
It was hard to leave
CSR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC25 October 2018
It was a tough decision to leave Hills. I loved the benefits, my boss and my customers. Didn't like being out of town two nights a week and the red tape that comes with working for such an uptight corporation. I would definitely still be there if it were not for my unique situation. The veterinary market is changing so rapidly and I'm not sure that Hills is willing to adapt to a level that will keep them competitive long term. Just my observation and personal opinion.
Pros
Benefits (none better), work environment, immediate management
Cons
Overnight travel, very very "corporate" (policy over common sense)
nehodnotim
SAP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Praha, Hlavní město Praha25 October 2018
nehodnotim nehodnotim nehodnotim nehoodnotim nehodnotim
Buenas oportunidades de desarrollo en otras áreas
coordinador (Former Employee) –  México15 October 2018
Pertenece a Colgate Palmolive, a pesar de ser una excelente línea, le falta una buena distribución y marketing dirigido a especialistas
Pros
Salario y prestaciones
Cons
Mercado
Driving without fog lamps in the dark
Webinar Education & Sale (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KS19 September 2018
A typical day at Hill's is driving sales, customer service and contacting customers.

I learned that anyone can be replaced with someone willing to work for less. Character, honesty and loyalty are admirable but don't expect to get anywhere by doing the right thing.

Management, there are some really good managers. Senior leadership is professional, approachable and would do well if interrogated by congress.

Work place culture is like a beautifully wrap gift that once opened is an overdue light bill with a cutoff date posted for tomorrow.

The hardest part of the job, managing ambiguity.

Most enjoyable part of the job short term assignments, working with creative and highly skilled individuals, and helping the community on company time.

Pros
great benefits, travel and education reimbursement
Cons
lack of career advancement
Gezellig, hard werkend bedrijf.
Laboratorium medewerker (Current Employee) –  Etten-Leur29 August 2018
Bij Hill's is er een goede werksfeer, iedereen wilt je helpen waar hij/zij dit kan.
Na
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Remote12 August 2018
Hill's is a good company with excellent benefits, but they just went through organizational changes. The changes are over now, so you would be ok to apply.
Not the Great Company it used to be
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Field28 June 2018
Hill's used to be the envy of every company in the veterinary industry but that has changed. There are still many great people working at Hill's but many of those are now looking for something else. Current leadership on the sales side are pulling more and more away from the veterinary roots of the company and support for the veterinary industry at a local, state and national level.
The benefits that come from being owned by Colgate are excellent but then you have to deal with the rules that also come with a company like colgate.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the great people who are still there. The hardest part of the job is working with the new people joining the company who could care less about the veterinary history and culture of Hill's and are doing their best to move away from it.
Pros
The people who still work there because of the veterinary history
Cons
The new people who could care less about the veterinary culture and history

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hill's Pet Nutrition. Our community is ready to answer.