Hill's Pet Nutrition
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hill's Pet Nutrition Employee Reviews

Benefits are good. They paid us for covid leave. Very flexible. 6 months in and you get 3 weeks vacation. Starting pay is 18$ an hour. Laid back, but can get busy. Very rare to work weekends
Pros
Benefits, vacation, flexibility
Cons
Management is a little political
I worked there for 16 years before reloading to another state. This is a great company to work for. Would go back if ever moved back to area. Great people
Cons
Was trained in a lot of areas, which was an asset to the company and my career goal. I worked a lot of overtime . I worked in shipping, production, processing, and quality.
Benefits
Cons
Plant closed
Azienda meritocratica; se si aprono posizioni danno la precedenza agli interni.
Pros
Buoni pasto, auto aziendale, cellulare
I was just a student rep, good experience overall. Our training was very fun I loved being a rep, it was fun to plan events to teach students about nutrition
I did mostly stocking and shipping work...i have 3 1/2. Years fork lift experience. At Hills Pet Nutrition we had a dog and cat food convenient store just across work campus next to factory where I did most of my work and had a little cashier experience at the company in retail...very social,polite and do hard work when required in the field
Pensions Plan and 401k as well most companies don’t offer both. Bonus opportunities as well for employees along with profit sharing on a annual basis
This company help me learn workplace culture daily. The coworker base really cares about how everyone is treated and trained. The hardest part of the job was making the choice leave. I had hoped to pass the learning from this company on to the next chapter in my lives journey.
Muy buen ambiente laboral, hay estabilidad. Lo único malo es que los salarios son muy pocos. Afortunadamente las prestaciones son muy buenas y la calidad de vida mejora con respecto a que te sientes seguro de tener un trabajo muy bueno.
Promover la marca de alimento para mascotas Hill's la cual es de excelente calidad y muy bien formulada para nuestras mascotas, marca premium 100% recomendada
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hill's Pet Nutrition?
I absolutely loved this job. I was so upset when the temp job ended because I really enjoyed this job. It was fun, easy, and quick paced made your day go by faster! I loved my manager he was the best and he always helped me when I needed the help.
Hill’s Los Angeles was good with its employees. Pick nic at amusement parks. Party at the hotels. It was a very good culture and a place to grow old and retire.
I have been at Hillspet for two years, my only regret is that I didn’t start years ago! I highly recommend this company! The pay and benefits are above average!
great environment to work recommend to anyone great place to work, Managers care about employees great benefits and insurance its a career job if you get employed
I knew from a month in that I was not a valuable employee, simply because I was only a 'temp' employee & not a full-fledged Hill's employee. My trainer was more concerned about training the new group in Lawrence than me. I was expendable & was thrown under the bus countless times, despite our group size going from six to two. If Hill's became the last company to work for, I'd rather live on the street and starve.
Organization was great before restructure occurred. I enjoyed time there and had some wonderful experiences. I felt that I had reached my growth potential.
bad management there hard to move up in the company and grow here and to much favortizm here and hard to move here and they have there picks for advancement no matter how hard to work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to move up no matter how hard you work for them
Ho lavorato in questa azienda per brevi periodi come sostituzione maternità e ferie, ma ho potuto constatare la grande serietà aziendale che contraddistingue questa grande multinazionale.
Pros
Buoni pasto, professionalità e serietà
First of all you are only capped a 45 hours and the manager micro manages his employees .benefit are good bu a little pricey and also the employees love to run and tell management what other employees are doing instead worrying about themselves toxic work environment
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Worked through a temp agency. Was told that had a good chance of getting on to work for company full time permanent. Went through phone interview with a third party company and if they liked what they heard, then you would have face to face interview. Was denied job. Will tell you that they found someone with more experience, which in the face to face interview, the HR tells you that your resume looks impressive. Most of the employees were nice, but there were higher ups that wouldn't acknowledge your presence, unless they needed you to help them out. Some treated you differently and some treated you like you were one of them.From application process to the end takes forever. Be prepared to wait over a month to find out anything. The company doesn't really care about if they hire the temps even though they already know your work ethics.
Pros
Some of the employees are nice.
Cons
Makes promises they don't intend to keep.
Hill’s can be a wonderful place to work and make a career. But it depends on whether you are salaried / hourly and management / office vs. hourly / lower tier employee. Working in the office / professional areas at the HQ, you will be treated as a valued employee. Working as warehouse or Technician positions, you will be treated as someone to be micromanaged and untrustworthy. There is little to no advancement opportunities in the tech positions, unless you are a management favorite in these departments. If you can keep your head down and stay away from the tattletales and gossips, you will do just fine.
Pros
Benefits, salary, some Work/life balance
Cons
Bad managers, strict attendance, favoritism