Hireup

Australia50 reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

Get to learn on the job

Featured review

Hireup selected this as a representative review
Great company love the people I worked for and the clients are great. Get to meet different clients with different abilities. Great company if you only want to work a certain hour. Pay is great and overnight stays are amazing as well.

Flexible company

A flexible support worker agency that makes you feel protected while you are working at someone’s home. You get to choose what you do and ample of clients in the system

Good pay

No shifts. Maybe one a week if your lucky..You have to find your own work, it’s very rare a client will request you. The app is super easy to use though.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No shifts

Do not work with this unprofessional company

this company only works for the participants not for the support workerNo health and safety measures, none whatsoever in place for its employees/support workers

Pros

Cons

Many!!

Great work place good people can choose ur own clients.

Great place good people. I Like working here. Can choose ur own clients and hrs. Also days u want to work.They always pay the pays on time and r easy to work with.

Pros

Pay is always on time

Cons

Work ur own hrs

Great and well managed company

Great platform offering opportunities for casual roles. Scheduling completely up to you. Supporting and responsive team that takes care of you behind your work.

Pros

Flexibility and relaxed pace

Cons

No stable income

flexible for casual workers

I work there when I was a uni student to gain experience in the disability sector. The design of work is wonderful where you do not have a manager in the middle between you and the client you work with. You and your client choose each other and negotiate the content for the support worker

Pros

flexibility transparency

Cons

spending your own time to reach out to clients, travelling to clients' places is unpaid, Different clients might want to interview you before the shift is offered.

working with different clients makes it interesting

I enjoy working with clients to bring out the best in themthere is no typical day working with Hireup it depends on what client you are working with and what their needs are

Its okay

Because you work individually so there is now work culture.No continous work. Just very low positions availablesuch as disability support worker but more than thay.

Pros

Good hourly wages

Cons

No continous work

Great Company

It's your choice...autonomous and you can work as much or as little as you want. You can choose the services you will provide. Training is ongoing via the e-learning platform and you are always kept up to date...

Not supportive for the staffs

Had made a complaint about my client harassed me. Hireup never call back or send a email to give me a update about the investigation and the reasons why they call me at first place is because they only concern about my client’s complaint.

Pros

High rate

Cons

Worse management, not supportive

I enjoy working with hireup

All I have to say is that my experience with hireup has been good , and I enjoy working with hireup, the staff members are helpful, I will surely recommend hireup to friends that want to join the industry

Very slack with no concerns re staff well-being

I have signed up with Hireup for 6 months and have not had a single job offer. Don't see many jobs on offer. Whenever there are some jobs, there are tons of worker fighting for one job! Depressing!

Pros

Pick the time and client that you want to work with.

Cons

Clients can be very specific of whom they want but not knowing really the carer's abilities.

– 25 June 2020
Hi,Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and we’re sorry to hear you had this experience. We’d love to chat about this further with you, and assist in finding new connections with you. If you’d like to contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au our team will happily discuss this with you. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, we genuinely appreciate hearing from our community. Thanks.

Just care about money, but not their employees

Not recommend working with them. They just care about the money, ignore employee's concerns and safety. The staffs are so rude when having an issue and not listening on employee' side. They only listen to what did the client tell them.

Pros

High rate

Cons

totally not supportive management, rude staffs

– 15 June 2020
Hi, thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry that you had this experience. We’d love to discuss this further with you and find out a little more. This is not the experience we want our community having, and we treat all issues and feedback very seriously. We appreciate you providing this feedback, and if you’d like to continue this conversation, please don’t hesitate to contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au we’d love to hear form you. Thanks again.

Best company ever

This is the best place I have ever worked They are supportive and get back to you straight away if you call or need help in anyway and they are also very professional and take care of their clients and work staff Cannot fault them in any way

home/community care

varied work, can choose own shifts. the clients are mostly really wonderful people. however, the nature of it means that almost all of the shifts are very short.

application process is easy, you get to choose who you work with since, but no job security.

Sometimes, I do not get a lot of hours of work as desired and that is because clients choose who they want. Now, COVID-19 has made clients on my team to cancel all bookings till further notice. I am stranded as I do not get any income. I am not eligible for the Hireup Support plan because I have not worked up to six months and I am also not eligible for government support as my Permanent Residence Status is still in Process.

Pros

You get to choose client for yourself. You have choices.

Cons

Some clients may never accept you.

Like working with Hireup

They are a great company on line and when I have a problem they solve it quickly. I like to work with them , they pay on time and no mistakes on my payslip.

A lot has to be improved.

Employees are always under constant pressure to find work. You don't even get enough hours. HireUp doesn't really look after helping support workers when they are facing difficulty to find work. Also, in this line of work, support workers have no support from anyone when things don't go in smooth way.

– 31 March 2020
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you have had this experience, we'd love to chat further with you about this. If you'd like, please contact our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au. Hireup support workers are entitled to work as much or as little as they like, as long as you don't exceed 76 hours in a fortnight. Hireup promotes and encourages flexible work hours, and we'd love to chat with you further on this. Thanks again for your feedback

Hireup Review

Great job for people who enjoy a challenge. Support Work requires you to tailor yourself to the needs of your many different clients. People who are good with people will thrive in this job.

– 23 March 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup! Please don’t hesitate to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hiruep.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!

Good company but bad management

The company has a great vision but if the people inside (especially the leaders) don't carry out its values, it will destroy the culture. Nevertheless, it's a company with great potentials.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hireup. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hireup