Hireup
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hireup Employee Reviews

Because you work individually so there is now work culture.No continous work. Just very low positions availablesuch as disability support worker but more than thay.
Pros
Good hourly wages
Cons
No continous work
It's your choice...autonomous and you can work as much or as little as you want. You can choose the services you will provide. Training is ongoing via the e-learning platform and you are always kept up to date...
Had made a complaint about my client harassed me. Hireup never call back or send a email to give me a update about the investigation and the reasons why they call me at first place is because they only concern about my client’s complaint.
Pros
High rate
Cons
Worse management, not supportive
All I have to say is that my experience with hireup has been good , and I enjoy working with hireup, the staff members are helpful, I will surely recommend hireup to friends that want to join the industry
I have signed up with Hireup for 6 months and have not had a single job offer. Don't see many jobs on offer. Whenever there are some jobs, there are tons of worker fighting for one job! Depressing!
Pros
Pick the time and client that you want to work with.
Cons
Clients can be very specific of whom they want but not knowing really the carer's abilities.
25 June 2020
Hi,Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and we’re sorry to hear you had this experience. We’d love to chat about this further with you, and assist in finding new connections with you. If you’d like to contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au our team will happily discuss this with you. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, we genuinely appreciate hearing from our community. Thanks.
Not recommend working with them. They just care about the money, ignore employee's concerns and safety. The staffs are so rude when having an issue and not listening on employee' side. They only listen to what did the client tell them.
Pros
High rate
Cons
totally not supportive management, rude staffs
15 June 2020
Hi, thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry that you had this experience. We’d love to discuss this further with you and find out a little more. This is not the experience we want our community having, and we treat all issues and feedback very seriously. We appreciate you providing this feedback, and if you’d like to continue this conversation, please don’t hesitate to contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au we’d love to hear form you. Thanks again.
This is the best place I have ever worked They are supportive and get back to you straight away if you call or need help in anyway and they are also very professional and take care of their clients and work staff Cannot fault them in any way
varied work, can choose own shifts. the clients are mostly really wonderful people. however, the nature of it means that almost all of the shifts are very short.
Sometimes, I do not get a lot of hours of work as desired and that is because clients choose who they want. Now, COVID-19 has made clients on my team to cancel all bookings till further notice. I am stranded as I do not get any income. I am not eligible for the Hireup Support plan because I have not worked up to six months and I am also not eligible for government support as my Permanent Residence Status is still in Process.
Pros
You get to choose client for yourself. You have choices.
Cons
Some clients may never accept you.
They are a great company on line and when I have a problem they solve it quickly. I like to work with them , they pay on time and no mistakes on my payslip.
Employees are always under constant pressure to find work. You don't even get enough hours. HireUp doesn't really look after helping support workers when they are facing difficulty to find work. Also, in this line of work, support workers have no support from anyone when things don't go in smooth way.
31 March 2020
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you have had this experience, we'd love to chat further with you about this. If you'd like, please contact our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au. Hireup support workers are entitled to work as much or as little as they like, as long as you don't exceed 76 hours in a fortnight. Hireup promotes and encourages flexible work hours, and we'd love to chat with you further on this. Thanks again for your feedback
Great job for people who enjoy a challenge. Support Work requires you to tailor yourself to the needs of your many different clients. People who are good with people will thrive in this job.
23 March 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup! Please don’t hesitate to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hiruep.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!
The company has a great vision but if the people inside (especially the leaders) don't carry out its values, it will destroy the culture. Nevertheless, it's a company with great potentials.
All online learning is extremely well presented and easy to navigate. Hireup is a friendly and supportive company for staff and clients, no issue is too small to discuss.
24 February 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup, and enjoying the learning! Please don’t hesitate to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hiruep.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!
To ensure the ongoing safety of our community, we screen and verify all users before they join; request feedback on every shift booked through the platform; and offer round the clock support over the phone and via email. Our Community Support team is equipped with health and safety expertise and a swift and discreet incident response procedure. All Hireup users are covered by our comprehensive insurance policy and we have an active user removal polic
13 February 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! We take the safety of all Hireup users very seriously and have implemented a number of systems and checks to keep our community safe. If you have any questions or concerns about safety on the Hireup platform, please don't hesitate to contact our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au Thanks!
I took care of people with special needs. I took them on outings and attended to their personal care. I looked after a woman people with Downs Syndrome, MS, Blind people and wheelchair bound people.
13 February 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! We love finding out what our community is up to, and it sounds like you have been providing a range of supports. Hope you're enjoying your support work with Hireup, and please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing!
Rewarding work which gives you the opportunity to work with children or adults who need assistance. My work differs from working with autistic children to children with down syndrome. Both offer different challenges however are rewarding and stimulating job experiences.
6 January 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! We're glad you are enjoying your support work and the variety of supports you are providing. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing!
A typical day included engaging with a disabled child and his family and getting him ready for school. Duties included toileting, showering and dressing, and watching television together, as well as playing games. I also had to undertake legal research and fill out documents online. The hardest part of the job was keeping a careful watch in case of seizures, as these could occur any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the child make steady progress and achieving results for the client.
5 December 2019
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us and it’s great that the person you support is achieving their goals. The role of a support worker can be quite varied as you mention above, and our Community Support team are always happy to navigate this path with you. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again.
There is lots of work available but you need to be quick to apply for the job but if you have your profile set up you can get contacted by the employer/clients themselves.
A typical workday involves me showering, grooming, dressing and taking my clients to school and picking them up from school with my own car. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my clients and their families happy
Pros
self management
Cons
short hours
Job was simple and fun. Pay was good especially when working on the weekend as there is extra payment. However, payment was very slow and difficult to contact.
  1. Employee Reviews