Hireup Employee Reviews

Excellent and safe platform.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW11 July 2019
I have worked with higher up for nearly a year now and love the work life balance, the pay, and the support that I get from the head office. I always fee supported.
Pros
Good pay. Get to meet customers and see if it is a good fit.
Cons
Not a lot of work in my area.
15 July 2019

Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great that you are enjoying your support work with Hireup and finding a great balance! We have a small but growing community down your way, but please feel free to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions on finding work. Thanks!

Out and about
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 May 2019
Many clients wish to get out and about into the community and that’s what I love doing..finding activities that best suit the client and making it part of their weekly schedule whether it be a fun social experience or fitness. It’s all fun
Pros
Every day is fun
Cons
The day ends.
11 June 2019

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It’s great that you are enjoying your support work with Hireup, and seems like you’ve had some really great shifts. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 if you have any questions along the way. Thanks!

Young but keen
Individual Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 April 2019
Hireup began with a desire to provide consistent support workers to their clients. It's ideal in that support workers can pick their own hours and clients (with varying needs) to work with. However, they don't offer supervision for work placement or a replacement if you can't make it to the job, so while this offers some job stability for workers, it also creates pressure if your client is highly dependent on your availability. However, they ask for feedback regularly and have proven to address issues as they arise and are able to do so.
Pros
Pick your hours and clients, constantly improving
Cons
No supervision for work placement or substitute if you're not available
11 April 2019

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We've generally found that once people have built up a team, it's relatively straightforward to find replacements or do buddy shifts. We know that this takes time though, so we're glad to have this feedback and continue improving the experience for both support workers and people seeking support.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us on (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au. Thanks!

Flexible and Innovative Way to Provide Support Services
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2019
HireUp uses a new model where clients and support workers communicate together to organise support. In my case, this model has worked well for both my clients and myself. My clients are able to choose their own support workers instead of getting complete random people each shift. For me, it has allowed me to choose clients and shifts that work around my own schedule.

It can be hard to find clients initially, but once you make connections with people it is smooth sailing from there.

I would definitely recommend working on a casual basis with HireUp!
Fun and flexible
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  sydney9 March 2019
It takes a little bit time to get client at first I join Hire Up, but eventually I received a message from Client, through messaging to meet and greet and set up the roster, and you can cancel the booking or still continue the service it's more flexible for support worker to manage the balance of the working hours. Other than that, Hire up pays above rate than other disability service provider. Don't give up..
14 March 2019

Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We generally find that it can take some time for our users to build their teams, but once they do, it's usually smooth sailing! We love finding out how Hireup is working for our community, and glad you're enjoying it so far. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us on (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au. Thanks!

Autonomous work environments. Its like running your own business but without the stress of organising super etc.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 February 2019
You do have to be proactive in finding clients and updating your profile, it does take a bit of time to set it all up and get a secure base of clients but once that is done it's a terrific way of working.

Every couple of days I check the job board. Every few months I update my profile if it needs tweaking I do that.

The thing I like about it the most is that how the service goes is up to the client and I just help them make it happen.

The office staff are supportive and have a great attitude toward Support Staff. There was an incident at work and within hours they called me to make sure I was alright.

Be sure that you are a good match with the client if they don't want a social chatty person don't contact them. If you think you are a good match definately take the initiative and send them a message. They might not contact you right away but they will eventually and if not, nothing ventured nothing gained. One of my favorite clients contacted me 6 months after my initial contact and then he spotted another client that might be a good match for me I then contacted them through the platform.
Pros
Working directly with clients
Cons
Once NDIS takes off in Queensland there will be more people using the platform
14 March 2019

Hi there, thanks for sharing your tips and experience on Hireup! We love finding out how Hireup is working for our community and appreciate the time you've taken to share your feedback. It's great to hear you're using our functions such as the job board, and we love that you update your profile regularly, that's what we recommend! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us on (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au. Thanks!

Disappointing
Disability Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD10 February 2019
I can see what is being attempted here and admired it at first sight, but its just not working.
Zero shifts. Next to zero communication.
The constant looking at job boards and attempting to contact potential customers, who rarely respond, is frustrating.
One customer kept asking me what my availability was. Every time I said 24/7, but they'd ask the same question again and again.
Giving customers choice is great, but unless the staff are getting shifts, they'll naturally look elsewhere and eventually leave. This gives the customer less choice in the long run. A very real flaw in the business plan.
Reading other reviews I see the same problem repeated right across Australia.
I'll keep trying, but have already started looking elsewhere.
Pros
Nice concept
Cons
No shifts.
11 February 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and sorry to hear about your experience on Hireup. We know it can be frustrating to not receive a response from people you've contacted, and are working to improve this by encouraging all our users to respond. The availability of work can depend on things such as your location, how many people are seeking support in your area, or whether you've joined Hireup to work with someone you already know. We've generally found that while it can take some time to get started and build up a team (by using our search and message function), once that's happened and a team has been built, it's usually a smooth process for both support workers and people seeking support. If you'd like to contact us, we'd love a chat: (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au.

Flexible employer
Disability support worker (Current Employee) –  Western Sydney13 November 2018
Excellent working environment. You choose the days and hours you want and who you want to work with. Hireup gave me the opportunity to earn a living whilst also studying for my degree.
Signed Up & No Job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Melbourne VIC10 November 2018
I signed up 6 months ago and have not been assigned any work. I contacted the team for assistance but was left to hunt for the work myself. This is not really what l expected, they advertise positions but no work.
Pros
Cons
No Job
12 November 2018

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to chat through this situation and find out what else we can do, together. If you'd like to call the team on (02) 9113 5933. As a national online platform, all support workers proactively find work by using some of our platform features, including the job board, search and messaging functions. It's also possible to bring people you already know onto Hireup if you have an existing working relationship. If you'd like to help grow Hireup in your area, there are some flyers and brochures we can send you, too.

An exciting value-driven company
HQ Team (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 August 2018
I work in Hireup HQ and I absolutely love the company. I came over after 4 years in a really hectic role with no work/life balance, and the difference is amazing. The company is growing so fast but there is still an understanding that team members are humans who need to function outside of work. Most importantly, the company is truly value-driven and for-purpose, which just makes you feel good about coming to work. Cannot speak highly enough of the people and the culture.
The platform is very user friendly, I choose the hours I work and the clients I support.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maitland NSW7 June 2018
I enjoy working with Hireup as they have created a very user friendly platform for both clients & support workers to find compatible individuals to work together. I like that I can choose the type of support I offer clients.
I like that Hireup takes care of all payroll & administration issues so I don’t need to worry about tax, superfund ect.
The personal approach to supporting clients within their own homes really suits me and from my experience creates a level of comfort & independence for the client.
Pros
Being able to offer the level of support I’m comfortable with to clients in their own homes
Cons
Support shifts can be cancelled with little notice
Hireup
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 April 2018
This job is self-managed. Hireup pay rates are excellent compared to all other disability services. This company is based in Sydney and employees sign up through an online platform. It is good for people seeking casual work who want to manage what they do themselves.
Used to be a great company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Tasmania18 March 2018
During Hireup’s earlier years, management was great. When the administration grew that’s when things started to change. Now, they prioritize their clients and do not care about their support workers wellbeing nor do they listen to their concerns.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Non supportive admins
Great Place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 March 2018
This is one of the best company to work for.
The CEO is too humble and friendly. The work culture is very transparent and people are very friendly.
Managers are cooperative.
100% recommended.
Easy and effective self-manage account
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  sydney nsw12 March 2018
This site allows me to work independently and self-manage my jobs and support. The customer service team is very supportive and can be easily reached at any time wit quick response and solutions.
Great
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW2 May 2017
Hireup was a handy job to fit around my university schedule but the lack of work meant I had to look elsewhere for work. The culture was good and it had the opportunity for more hours but I was unable to secure those hours with clients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
minimum hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hireup. Our community is ready to answer.