Hireup
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hireup Employee Reviews for Disability Support Worker

Because you work individually so there is now work culture.No continous work. Just very low positions availablesuch as disability support worker but more than thay.
Pros
Good hourly wages
Cons
No continous work
I have signed up with Hireup for 6 months and have not had a single job offer. Don't see many jobs on offer. Whenever there are some jobs, there are tons of worker fighting for one job! Depressing!
Pros
Pick the time and client that you want to work with.
Cons
Clients can be very specific of whom they want but not knowing really the carer's abilities.
25 June 2020
Hi,Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, and we’re sorry to hear you had this experience. We’d love to chat about this further with you, and assist in finding new connections with you. If you’d like to contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au our team will happily discuss this with you. Thanks again for sharing your feedback, we genuinely appreciate hearing from our community. Thanks.
varied work, can choose own shifts. the clients are mostly really wonderful people. however, the nature of it means that almost all of the shifts are very short.
Employees are always under constant pressure to find work. You don't even get enough hours. HireUp doesn't really look after helping support workers when they are facing difficulty to find work. Also, in this line of work, support workers have no support from anyone when things don't go in smooth way.
31 March 2020
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you have had this experience, we'd love to chat further with you about this. If you'd like, please contact our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au. Hireup support workers are entitled to work as much or as little as they like, as long as you don't exceed 76 hours in a fortnight. Hireup promotes and encourages flexible work hours, and we'd love to chat with you further on this. Thanks again for your feedback
All online learning is extremely well presented and easy to navigate. Hireup is a friendly and supportive company for staff and clients, no issue is too small to discuss.
24 February 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup, and enjoying the learning! Please don’t hesitate to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hiruep.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!
There is lots of work available but you need to be quick to apply for the job but if you have your profile set up you can get contacted by the employer/clients themselves.
A typical workday involves me showering, grooming, dressing and taking my clients to school and picking them up from school with my own car. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my clients and their families happy
Pros
self management
Cons
short hours
With Hireup it takes time to find clients to work with, but once you have regular clients it is a satisfying job overall. You are easily able to work around your timetable and daily schedules.
So rewarding knowing you can be approached and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others. The choice was always up to the people looking for support.
22 July 2019
Hi, thanks for you feedback! We're glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way! Thanks
I really enjoyed working at hireup, it offers both the worker and the client's the flexibility which is essential. Wages are excellent and the module is very easy and user friendly to navigate to.
22 July 2019
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback! It's great that you are enjoying the flexibility of being a support worker with Hireup, and have found the platform easy to navigate! We are always looking at ways to further the learning and development of our workers, so it's great that you found the module easy to complete. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions. Thanks!
Hireup is a great platform for people to work on their own schedules. However in saying this, it is important to note that if you aren't flexible with your clients then they may not want you coming back. Also clients can cancel on you and change your hours without any notice. So job security is the lowest of the low.
Pros
Hourly rate, flexibility
Cons
No job security
11 June 2019
Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Hireup provides flexibility to both the support worker and the person seeking support to request and accept bookings on their terms. As casual employees of Hireup, all of our support workers are covered by our cancellation policy in case bookings are changed or cancelled last minute. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au
HireUp uses a new model where clients and support workers communicate together to organise support. In my case, this model has worked well for both my clients and myself. My clients are able to choose their own support workers instead of getting complete random people each shift. For me, it has allowed me to choose clients and shifts that work around my own schedule. It can be hard to find clients initially, but once you make connections with people it is smooth sailing from there. I would definitely recommend working on a casual basis with HireUp!
I can see what is being attempted here and admired it at first sight, but its just not working. Zero shifts. Next to zero communication. The constant looking at job boards and attempting to contact potential customers, who rarely respond, is frustrating. One customer kept asking me what my availability was. Every time I said 24/7, but they'd ask the same question again and again. Giving customers choice is great, but unless the staff are getting shifts, they'll naturally look elsewhere and eventually leave. This gives the customer less choice in the long run. A very real flaw in the business plan. Reading other reviews I see the same problem repeated right across Australia. I'll keep trying, but have already started looking elsewhere.
Pros
Nice concept
Cons
No shifts.
11 February 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and sorry to hear about your experience on Hireup. We know it can be frustrating to not receive a response from people you've contacted, and are working to improve this by encouraging all our users to respond. The availability of work can depend on things such as your location, how many people are seeking support in your area, or whether you've joined Hireup to work with someone you already know. We've generally found that while it can take some time to get started and build up a team (by using our search and message function), once that's happened and a team has been built, it's usually a smooth process for both support workers and people seeking support. If you'd like to contact us, we'd love a chat: (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au.
Excellent working environment. You choose the days and hours you want and who you want to work with. Hireup gave me the opportunity to earn a living whilst also studying for my degree.
This job is self-managed. Hireup pay rates are excellent compared to all other disability services. This company is based in Sydney and employees sign up through an online platform. It is good for people seeking casual work who want to manage what they do themselves.
  1. Disability Support Worker