Hireup
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hireup Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Great job for people who enjoy a challenge. Support Work requires you to tailor yourself to the needs of your many different clients. People who are good with people will thrive in this job.
23 March 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup! Please don’t hesitate to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hiruep.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing your feedback!
Had made a complaint about my client harassed me. Hireup never call back or send a email to give me a update about the investigation and the reasons why they call me at first place is because they only concern about my client’s complaint.
Pros
High rate
Cons
Worse management, not supportive
All I have to say is that my experience with hireup has been good , and I enjoy working with hireup, the staff members are helpful, I will surely recommend hireup to friends that want to join the industry
Not recommend working with them. They just care about the money, ignore employee's concerns and safety. The staffs are so rude when having an issue and not listening on employee' side. They only listen to what did the client tell them.
Pros
High rate
Cons
totally not supportive management, rude staffs
15 June 2020
Hi, thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry that you had this experience. We’d love to discuss this further with you and find out a little more. This is not the experience we want our community having, and we treat all issues and feedback very seriously. We appreciate you providing this feedback, and if you’d like to continue this conversation, please don’t hesitate to contact our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au we’d love to hear form you. Thanks again.
This is the best place I have ever worked They are supportive and get back to you straight away if you call or need help in anyway and they are also very professional and take care of their clients and work staff Cannot fault them in any way
To ensure the ongoing safety of our community, we screen and verify all users before they join; request feedback on every shift booked through the platform; and offer round the clock support over the phone and via email. Our Community Support team is equipped with health and safety expertise and a swift and discreet incident response procedure. All Hireup users are covered by our comprehensive insurance policy and we have an active user removal polic
13 February 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! We take the safety of all Hireup users very seriously and have implemented a number of systems and checks to keep our community safe. If you have any questions or concerns about safety on the Hireup platform, please don't hesitate to contact our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au Thanks!
I took care of people with special needs. I took them on outings and attended to their personal care. I looked after a woman people with Downs Syndrome, MS, Blind people and wheelchair bound people.
13 February 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! We love finding out what our community is up to, and it sounds like you have been providing a range of supports. Hope you're enjoying your support work with Hireup, and please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Community Support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing!
Rewarding work which gives you the opportunity to work with children or adults who need assistance. My work differs from working with autistic children to children with down syndrome. Both offer different challenges however are rewarding and stimulating job experiences.
6 January 2020
Hi, thanks for sharing! We're glad you are enjoying your support work and the variety of supports you are providing. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again for sharing!
A typical day included engaging with a disabled child and his family and getting him ready for school. Duties included toileting, showering and dressing, and watching television together, as well as playing games. I also had to undertake legal research and fill out documents online. The hardest part of the job was keeping a careful watch in case of seizures, as these could occur any time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the child make steady progress and achieving results for the client.
5 December 2019
Hi, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us and it’s great that the person you support is achieving their goals. The role of a support worker can be quite varied as you mention above, and our Community Support team are always happy to navigate this path with you. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way. Thanks again.
Job was simple and fun. Pay was good especially when working on the weekend as there is extra payment. However, payment was very slow and difficult to contact.
I have worked with higher up for nearly a year now and love the work life balance, the pay, and the support that I get from the head office. I always fee supported.
Pros
Good pay. Get to meet customers and see if it is a good fit.
Cons
Not a lot of work in my area.
15 July 2019
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great that you are enjoying your support work with Hireup and finding a great balance! We have a small but growing community down your way, but please feel free to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions on finding work. Thanks!
Hireup began with a desire to provide consistent support workers to their clients. It's ideal in that support workers can pick their own hours and clients (with varying needs) to work with. However, they don't offer supervision for work placement or a replacement if you can't make it to the job, so while this offers some job stability for workers, it also creates pressure if your client is highly dependent on your availability. However, they ask for feedback regularly and have proven to address issues as they arise and are able to do so.
Pros
Pick your hours and clients, constantly improving
Cons
No supervision for work placement or substitute if you're not available
11 April 2019
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We've generally found that once people have built up a team, it's relatively straightforward to find replacements or do buddy shifts. We know that this takes time though, so we're glad to have this feedback and continue improving the experience for both support workers and people seeking support.If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us on (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au. Thanks!
It takes a little bit time to get client at first I join Hire Up, but eventually I received a message from Client, through messaging to meet and greet and set up the roster, and you can cancel the booking or still continue the service it's more flexible for support worker to manage the balance of the working hours. Other than that, Hire up pays above rate than other disability service provider. Don't give up..
14 March 2019
Hi there. Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We generally find that it can take some time for our users to build their teams, but once they do, it's usually smooth sailing! We love finding out how Hireup is working for our community, and glad you're enjoying it so far. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us on (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au. Thanks!
You do have to be proactive in finding clients and updating your profile, it does take a bit of time to set it all up and get a secure base of clients but once that is done it's a terrific way of working. Every couple of days I check the job board. Every few months I update my profile if it needs tweaking I do that. The thing I like about it the most is that how the service goes is up to the client and I just help them make it happen. The office staff are supportive and have a great attitude toward Support Staff. There was an incident at work and within hours they called me to make sure I was alright. Be sure that you are a good match with the client if they don't want a social chatty person don't contact them. If you think you are a good match definately take the initiative and send them a message. They might not contact you right away but they will eventually and if not, nothing ventured nothing gained. One of my favorite clients contacted me 6 months after my initial contact and then he spotted another client that might be a good match for me I then contacted them through the platform.
Pros
Working directly with clients
Cons
Once NDIS takes off in Queensland there will be more people using the platform
14 March 2019
Hi there, thanks for sharing your tips and experience on Hireup! We love finding out how Hireup is working for our community and appreciate the time you've taken to share your feedback. It's great to hear you're using our functions such as the job board, and we love that you update your profile regularly, that's what we recommend! If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us on (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au. Thanks!
I signed up 6 months ago and have not been assigned any work. I contacted the team for assistance but was left to hunt for the work myself. This is not really what l expected, they advertise positions but no work.
Pros
Cons
No Job
12 November 2018
Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to chat through this situation and find out what else we can do, together. If you'd like to call the team on (02) 9113 5933. As a national online platform, all support workers proactively find work by using some of our platform features, including the job board, search and messaging functions. It's also possible to bring people you already know onto Hireup if you have an existing working relationship. If you'd like to help grow Hireup in your area, there are some flyers and brochures we can send you, too.
I enjoy working with Hireup as they have created a very user friendly platform for both clients & support workers to find compatible individuals to work together. I like that I can choose the type of support I offer clients. I like that Hireup takes care of all payroll & administration issues so I don’t need to worry about tax, superfund ect. The personal approach to supporting clients within their own homes really suits me and from my experience creates a level of comfort & independence for the client.
Pros
Being able to offer the level of support I’m comfortable with to clients in their own homes
Cons
Support shifts can be cancelled with little notice
During Hireup’s earlier years, management was great. When the administration grew that’s when things started to change. Now, they prioritize their clients and do not care about their support workers wellbeing nor do they listen to their concerns.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Non supportive admins
This site allows me to work independently and self-manage my jobs and support. The customer service team is very supportive and can be easily reached at any time wit quick response and solutions.