Hireup
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hireup Work–Life Balance reviews

varied work, can choose own shifts. the clients are mostly really wonderful people. however, the nature of it means that almost all of the shifts are very short.
They are a great company on line and when I have a problem they solve it quickly. I like to work with them , they pay on time and no mistakes on my payslip.
The company has a great vision but if the people inside (especially the leaders) don't carry out its values, it will destroy the culture. Nevertheless, it's a company with great potentials.
Job was simple and fun. Pay was good especially when working on the weekend as there is extra payment. However, payment was very slow and difficult to contact.
So rewarding knowing you can be approached and make a meaningful difference to the lives of others. The choice was always up to the people looking for support.
22 July 2019
Hi, thanks for you feedback! We're glad you are enjoying your support work with Hireup. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions along the way! Thanks
I have worked with higher up for nearly a year now and love the work life balance, the pay, and the support that I get from the head office. I always fee supported.
Pros
Good pay. Get to meet customers and see if it is a good fit.
Cons
Not a lot of work in my area.
15 July 2019
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great that you are enjoying your support work with Hireup and finding a great balance! We have a small but growing community down your way, but please feel free to contact our community support team on (02) 9113 5933 or at: hello@hireup.com.au if you have any questions on finding work. Thanks!
HireUp uses a new model where clients and support workers communicate together to organise support. In my case, this model has worked well for both my clients and myself. My clients are able to choose their own support workers instead of getting complete random people each shift. For me, it has allowed me to choose clients and shifts that work around my own schedule. It can be hard to find clients initially, but once you make connections with people it is smooth sailing from there. I would definitely recommend working on a casual basis with HireUp!
I can see what is being attempted here and admired it at first sight, but its just not working. Zero shifts. Next to zero communication. The constant looking at job boards and attempting to contact potential customers, who rarely respond, is frustrating. One customer kept asking me what my availability was. Every time I said 24/7, but they'd ask the same question again and again. Giving customers choice is great, but unless the staff are getting shifts, they'll naturally look elsewhere and eventually leave. This gives the customer less choice in the long run. A very real flaw in the business plan. Reading other reviews I see the same problem repeated right across Australia. I'll keep trying, but have already started looking elsewhere.
Pros
Nice concept
Cons
No shifts.
11 February 2019
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and sorry to hear about your experience on Hireup. We know it can be frustrating to not receive a response from people you've contacted, and are working to improve this by encouraging all our users to respond. The availability of work can depend on things such as your location, how many people are seeking support in your area, or whether you've joined Hireup to work with someone you already know. We've generally found that while it can take some time to get started and build up a team (by using our search and message function), once that's happened and a team has been built, it's usually a smooth process for both support workers and people seeking support. If you'd like to contact us, we'd love a chat: (02) 9113 5933 or hello@hireup.com.au.
I work in Hireup HQ and I absolutely love the company. I came over after 4 years in a really hectic role with no work/life balance, and the difference is amazing. The company is growing so fast but there is still an understanding that team members are humans who need to function outside of work. Most importantly, the company is truly value-driven and for-purpose, which just makes you feel good about coming to work. Cannot speak highly enough of the people and the culture.