Hitachi Construction Machinery
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hitachi Construction Machinery Employee Reviews

Great
Biannual bonuses

Monthly BBQ

Supportive management

Some bullying among administrators

Understanding of family circumstances

Caring
Management are out of touch with what happens on the shop floor.
The purple circle exists and if your not in the circle, your overtime suffers and your ability to do your job safely suffers. Some long time employees run the shop in an unsafe manner. No accountability for anyone who damages something. Management just didn’t care about the day to day mental well being of their staff.
Hitachi
It was really great a lot of different type of work and the safety is on point a lot of work you get to work with everyone and learn new things it’s really great
Long Term Career with exciting future
Family orientated culture where everyone looks out for eachother. I work with a team that is quick to support and help me whenever I ask for it and I appreciate that. I have a long term career here and can grow and develop myself with my managers support.
Nice place to work
Good culture, great facilities, very inclusive and good training set up.
Provide a good on boarding process and are very focussed on safety. Nice building.
Pros
Training and benefits
Cons
Very disjointed between areas and departments
Toxic workplace
Do not work here! The whole company is a joke where they do not care for there employers. Management is poor and is full of Narcissistic people. Hated every single day, was put down everyday and made to feel stupid. Can not ask any questions and do not receive and training. Would rather flip burgers at McDonald’s then work another day at Hitachi.
Great company to work for - despite the Sydney management never ending change-over
Customers service rep job was amazing. Company car, phone laptop and credit card all included. Fair commission structure with uncapped potential, would go back here to work.
Only downfall at the Sydney branch is the continual change of management.. the only reason I moved on.

Although, the senior team at the head office is brilliant especially the bus’s ones development manager at the time.
Good lunch room.
Good lunch sitting room with TV but the customer service manager at the time had no clues.
micro-management, constantly watching and wanting to see and hear what people are saying.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hitachi Construction Machinery?
Former Administration Assistant- Hitachi Wacol, Qld
I lasted 3 months at HCMA Wacol as an Administration Assistant from June 2019.
The Administration Manager is sarcastic, spiteful, and without a doubt, a superiority complex. Her offsider possesses the same attributes. Many a time, my Manager left me questioning my own intelligence.

I quit my position with no job to go to. I was thoroughly mentally destroyed! I urge anyone considering an Administration Assistant role at Hitachi Wacol to think twice!
Productive fun place to work
Enjoyed working at Hitachi it was only for a short period to assist them in stocktake good working environment
Would love to get an apprenticeship with the company
Politics runs rife
Performance takes a categorical backseat to politics in this company. No room for innovation from the frontline, no emphasis placed upon determining root causes to recurring problems, a pattern of finger-pointing being the norm, & everything entirely task-focussed.
Every Man for them selves
not a bad place to work but a lot of the personal like to keep information to themselves as they see information is power. there is no mentoring or plan for improvement.
Pros
easy going
Cons
no mentoring
Excellent work place
Enjoyed my time working for Hitachi, would still be there if it wasn't for circumstances changing back home. Good team working good clear communications and a can do attitude from all staff that I worked with.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Long hours but rewarded for the hard work
Was not that of a fun place to work
Cold calling Customer,setting up meeting with customers, regular customer visits. Servicing contracts, Setting up new accounts, Pricing discussions, attending regular meeting and advising of regular inputs and generating weekly reports to managers
Excellant
Excellant Company to work for. Challenging and rewarding work.
great management and training opportunities
o
great Company, pleasure to be there, lot of fun with the team there.
Proud to where the shirt
Largest construction equipment supplier
The best company I have worked for, lots of training and skill advancement with John Deere University and Hitachi Training centre in Japan

Overseas travel and different work locations

Good personal development training

After a number of years I was working away 40 weeks a year at different mining and construction sights and overseas locations such as New Zealand some 10 trips

Most of the mining training was based on 12 hour day- seven day week, - salary no overtime, I decided that I wanted to work in Sydney as I have 6 grand kids and I wanted to spend more time with them while they were young.
Pros
Great company to work for