Hitachi Vantara Employee Reviews

Buen Ambiente Laboral
Gerente de Proyectos (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, Cundinamarca11 July 2019
Empresa que esta a la vanguardia tecnológica en su sector
Great work/life balance and exciting place to work
Regional/Global Account Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA10 July 2019
Lots of focus on how to do business aligned with company's policies of ethics. Hitachi Vantara is committed to delivering solutions that improve society as a whole. Very progressive and open culture. Employees are encouraged to innovate and are rewarded as well.
Not a stable company just now
Americas, Digital Automation Professional Services (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 July 2019
HV is a professional services company. It has very little products and services it can support .

don't invest in new offerings and are trying to grow through acquisition. A lot of uncertainty.
Cannot make their mind about direction as the leadership is weak and they let things solve themselves.

Every qtr they have a layoff and call it restructuring.
Pros
storage is still strong
Cons
layoffs, no direction, no products or services to sell or support growth
Conservative but forward looking company
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA2 July 2019
Hitachi is an old company that's conservative in its approach to business development and risks. This is nice as an employee as things done change to fast but can be frustrating at times as well. They put a high value on culture, ethics, and doing the right thing.
Very talented people, questionable management
Senior Cloud/IoT Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA1 July 2019
Overall experience was good. Compensation on the low side, and some management pockets were not very good. Generally, though, working with most people in the company was a very positive experience.
Not a real good employer!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  United States27 June 2019
Terrible management team. They have a severe issue with nepotism. I would advise anyone to steer clear of this employer. I know most people will rate this company "higher" than I did, but they are probably compromised in their reviews.
Pros
Cons
Management is only interested in themselves and only promote employees that cower to their desires, even to the point of lying to customers.
Currently the Company is going threw major transformation
VP Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA25 June 2019
Hitachi Vantara is currently trying to define themselves into a new market segment. This process has force them to execute many internal changes that are affecting many talents employees. The changes done are necessary in order for them to be align to their new future directions. Their still many great employees at HV and I wish them the best luck in there new journey.
Great potential, but execution somewhat lacking
Principal Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA24 June 2019
Hitachi Vantara has fantastic potential, but it's not obvious that upper management can execute on a cohesive product strategy or retain their marquee customers. From 2017-18, Hitachi Vantara hired a double digit number of executives (VP level and up) from an american industrial conglomerate- who manufactures aircraft engines, medical equipment, and appliances- and once made a billion dollar investment in IoT- that failed in spectacular fashion. Will their second act be better than their first? We can only hope so.
Pros
Great customers, great international culture, great people (mostly)
Cons
Upper mgmt has a lot to prove
Lacking Direction and Technology Updates
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL9 May 2019
Company isn't prepared to compete with other companies who are innovating with new products and offerings. Primarily a storage company who focuses on their install base.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Limited vision for growth
Review
Specialist Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO17 April 2019
My day starts early and depending on my projects , I ready for my daily monitoring of the network performance and log into them. I then look at the previous days' tickets and review which ones need urgent attention. I also log into our daily ticket queue to ensure high priority tickets are attended to(outages and issues accessing necessary applications).
I my calendar to ensure I am ready for any conference calls scheduled for the day and for any outage calls that might arise.
I follow up on all the projects based on the set plans and at the end of the day send out the daily report.
There's flexibility but it is busy from start to end every day.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Busy to a point of no breaks some days
The company is an established large corporation trying to refocus core business
Vice President Solutions Development - Pentaho (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 April 2019
Attempting to move to a more progress product offering. Current storage platform has limited growth. Having mixed results with massive management turnover.
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Large corporate environment
Once a great company
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Texas3 April 2019
Hitachi was a fantastic place to work for when I started, since then things have gone down hill. There are some great benefits in terms of extra parks, only if you put time in to look for them. Management does a poor job of advertising those perks. One thing you can expect from Hitachi is a lack of appreciation via raises and promotions. You will go several years without any form of a raise. If you're okay with poor compensation and flexible hours this job might be for you. If Hitachi continues on this path they will be another "has been" in the IT industry.
Pros
Plenty of extra "perks" i.e. gym memberships
Cons
No raises or advancment
Empresa agrádavel de trabalhar
Head of Marketing and Communications for Brazil (Current Employee) –  São Paulo, SP2 April 2019
É uma empresa muito ligada a inovação tecnologica. O grupo trata-se de uma dos maiores do Japão e isso dá muita força par a empresa investir em novos projetos e tecnologias. Conhecer a história da empresa é facinante.
Pros
Ambiente Organizacional Excelente.
Cons
Poucas oportunidades de crescimento para pessoas fora da área de vendas.
Amazing Work/Life Balance
Applications Developer/Architect (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA2 April 2019
I have zero complaints regarding their work/life balance. The salary is fair and I enjoy working on my team.

As a heads up, they rarely or do not give annual raises. So negotiate what you want up front.
Pros
work/life balance, unlimited vacation
Cons
no annual raises
Great culture and workplace attitudes.
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA28 February 2019
Excellent, humble, ethical culture. Great work-life balance. Polite, professional, intelligent employees.
Very active in IoT, storage, cloud, IT and operational technology expertise.
Pros
Great work-life balance and positive, polite culture.
Cons
Huge company, easy to get lost or looked over.
Forward Thinking Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA5 February 2019
Hitachi sold me on their double bottom-line promise: We deliver data-driven innovations that benefit both business and society. There are a lot of intelligent people working here with entrepreneurial DNA.
Pros
Benefits Package
Cons
Can't think of any right now.
Occasional team lunch meetings were engaging
Senior Backup Storage Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ21 January 2019
Various execution foot soldiers and leadership team occasionally have working team lunches were very useful to gain deeper understanding of evolving organizational goals
Pros
Free lunches
Much to do
PM (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CO27 November 2018
During transformation, Hitachi Vantara needs to align more closely with the desired goals.

These goals are not easy to attain, but there needs to be better buy-in.
Great ideas, can be tough to bring about change
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO20 November 2018
Hitachi Vantara is a subsidiary of the parent company in Japan. A majority of the leadership for the US is located in Santa Clara, CA. There is a "big business" mentality that can hinder the ability to bring new ideas and change.
Pros
Work remote is regularly available
Cons
Peer or cultural expectation for work above and beyond norms
I was in Hitachi Vantara just for couple of month
IoT Solutions Architect/Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA2 November 2018
I was in Hitachi Vantara just for couple of month. After the company conducted a global reorganzation, the entire team was dismissed, and we weren't offered any internal position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi Vantara. Our community is ready to answer.