HOBAN Recruitment Employee Reviews

Zero Management creates a toxic office environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Australia13 September 2019
I have nothing bad to say about the company as a whole, or the work involved in the role. All of the candidates and clients are fantastic.

At first glance the office culture seems positive and supportive, but once you spend a little longer in the environment, you notice the employees are passive aggressive. This is amplified due to no management structure at all; If I could rate a zero star here, I would. Instead of giving you an APR, they would rather speak badly of you to others, without advising you of your areas for improvement.

Concerns are heard, but no one listens.

Essentially it ends up being a room full of disgruntled under performers, oblivious to their faults due to no management.
Great if you want to venture out and meet all cultures in one place. Friendly team members to help you fit in. Must have a car to get to certain jobs.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 September 2019
Out alll types of weather, meet and greet customers with a smile. Have a can do attitude. Data entry for bus service. Hoban is the best place to work.
Pros
Great coffee breaks
Not so bad
Data Entry/Admin (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 August 2019
A ok agency to work for. Its a good place. People are ok. Some are very helpful and some are not. Over all I would give a 3 star for it.

I would recommend Hoban to anyone who are looking for work
Exprience working for Hoban agency.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW6 August 2019
Its a great agency to work for and lot of on going work and if your good enough, they'll keep you for as long as the employers would like. Most of their clients have ongoing casual positions and if they like you then they will request to keep you long term. I loved working for Hoban but as usual I take away the over time from any jobs that i get sent to and even other agencies that I've worked for.
not that great
Street Cleaner (Former Employee) –  North Sydney NSW25 June 2019
I Was told if i was unhappy at my current placement, they would find me a new one, they did not, and was left with out work for a long period of time.
Just a number
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC11 May 2019
The team in Melbourne in charge of the Metro occupations don’t care about their employees.

As long as there is a body in a vest making them look good then they’re happy.

They tend to allocate a lot more shifts to the international students without considering how long a break they’ve taken between shifts (multiple occasions) and hand off the scrap shifts to the Australian citizens.

Many of the people that have been appointed a Team Leader position should be demoted and given the proper training.

Prepare to be blackballed if you try and challenge their current practices.
Pros
Pay (if not delayed)
Cons
People in charge, favouritism
Had a bad experience with them.
On call work (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 April 2019
My pay was late several times. And was unpaid certain times. Had to try and chase my pay up and just became a headache. I wasn't the only one, but decided it wasn't worth it anymore.
Productive, great fun work place
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW18 February 2019
Great hard working team and great co-workers.
Well managed team leaders and great management.
Learning to deal with employees and connect with other employers.
Always have regular work reviews to further develop skills.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Low compensation
good company
Casual Market Officer Contracted to BML (Former Employee) –  Rocklea QLD19 December 2018
Hoban recruitment is a multinational company with many different
clients from different work sites they look after staff they hire welfare checks on you regularly
Pros
they pay on time they check to see how you are doing with host employers
Cons
they dont give you assignments when one finishes they reject other job applications from you
Heaps of fun in the mailing area
Customer Service Mailroom (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 November 2018
Arrive at work. Collate mail. Get trolley ready, go through all the designated floors, collecting mail. Once collected, apportion mail according to weight, size, and state, ready for end of day collection.
Attended to Customer service, taking/ receiving orders.
Had a great time, meeting staff at different floors. Put my personality to the job as Elvis The Mailman.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Lack of hours
Its a very good recruitment to work with
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC25 October 2018
This recruitment company recruits people for different occo's. I have been placed in Customer service position. This is the best job in my life. you need to handle more number of customers and should give your best to the role.
Pros
good salary
Cons
should be on time other wise you will be fired
Enjoyable workplace
Team Leader/Team management (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 September 2018
Career progression was limited, workplace was supportive, encouraging and everyone worked as team, hardest part was getting career progression, great
Pros
Felxiable
Cons
Limited career opportunities
productive fun environment and friendly work collage
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastern Creek NSW14 August 2018
a typical day a work working for hoban is really exciting you come into work feeling safe and environment-friendly, they follow work safety feature, everyone helpful
Pros
every once a month they throw in free BBQ for lunch just to thank there employee's
Cons
you get over time we busy period apply's
lobuor
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 April 2018
this company is not worth the time or day to work for management is unhonest and lies about the work they have to make examples of peolpe to the other works
Unprofessional Laverton Staff
Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 March 2018
I wouldn't recommend Hoban Laverton if you are a professional executive.
They don't interview you about the "so-called" role they have advertised until you fill out their manual (old fashioned) photocopied tax and super forms and want your references beforehand. Hang on, "you haven't told me who I will be working for, and let alone, if I would even consider or accept this role". So, don't ask me for all of my private details (I'm not applying for a bank loan)!
Pros
Cons
The office is a dump, their systems are out of date (mid-century).
The On-Call Casual needs to be dependable, efficient and diversely skilled
On-Call Casual (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 February 2018
As an On-Call Casual, typical is uncommon. I am required to be extremely adaptable in a multitude of role variations.Consultation and cooperation is critical to success. In some cases I am required to deal with some very difficult people. One client had commended and thanked me for my tolerance and patience.
Unlike learning skills in a single role, I am required to learn multiple skills in a multitude of ways. This brings extreme depth to what I have learnt at the coal face. As an On-Call Casual, I am required to be a big picture thinker and am often left to my own devices. Other Casuals often look to me for leadership.
I am required be at a client's at a moment's notice.
I am often requested by name and have been offered permanent employment on a number of occasions. but rejected the offers as they are not a direction I want to take.

Learning:
Due to the diverse nature of the role, learning is compounded; as if living multiple life times within a couple of years.

Management:
Management varies from client to client.

Culture:
Some, warm, some isolating, some individuals withing the workplaces have been antagonistic.

Hardest part of the job:
Integrated where not wanted or having disruptive colleagues.
Pros
Diversification
Cons
No sick leave, holiday pay and unpredictable income.
Hoban
Pik pack (Former Employee) –  Dandenong South VIC5 February 2018
Been with hoban for a very long time and loved beeing employed by them, they great and they really helpful finding job for me all times, even on quite terms.
Great team. Really bad management.
Annonymous (Former Employee) –  Victoria20 January 2018
Don't expect much from them. The management don't treat their employees with any sort of respect or human decency. Pay rate was average. Was expected to stay late on multiple occassions to fill client requirements that came in late. No appreciation from management. Professionalism was non-existent. Here's a tip for them: if you want your clients happy and your business to be a success, you need to look out for your employees and give them the proper respect they deserve - even your temp staff. You can't run a business with no employees.
Pros
Fast paced work environment, great group of people to work with (excluding management)
Cons
Very rude staff. Not Reccommended.
pick packer (Former Employee) –  Wetherill Park NSW21 November 2017
Very rude staff. Came in early for Induction and got told off for coming early. Staff was rude and angry towards me . They are not very friendly at all and I do not appreciate being abused for coming in early. Do not recommend at all!!!!
Pros
Cons
Rude Staff
Good teammates, horrible management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 November 2017
Had a contract with Hoban full time. Recruitment process was lengthy and poorly executed. The team that I worked with was great, but everything else was awful. Management was hard to get into contact with, and were really unprofessional in both the way they speak to employees and their knowledge base. The consultant I worked under seemed as though they had only worked in casual teenage level jobs before coming to this one, as they had no interpersonal skills and was audibly frustrated and skeptical whenever someone called in sick.

Seems Hoban are casual employers when it suits them, not when it suits you, as they loathe it when you need time off, but will cut your contract without notice or reason when they feel like it. They would rather just hire someone else than work to build what they have into a more efficient work force.
Pros
Other employees are really nice
Cons
Management don't care about their workforce, casual only when it suits them, unprofessional