HOBAN Recruitment
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

HOBAN Recruitment Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

A ok agency to work for. Its a good place. People are ok. Some are very helpful and some are not. Over all I would give a 3 star for it. I would recommend Hoban to anyone who are looking for work
It was nice, pay can be even more for the work which is been done, need to stand for long hours outside, regardless of climate and stuff, and they don't care about our health
It is pure Waste of Time better to go for some other jobs. The company recruits only casual and temporary workers. There is no job security at all. You will get shifts very rarely.
This organization is very well way and they have there rules. Organization needs appropriate report at that point and this thing is so decent. Organization additionally give traning before any occupation, in the gathering they show which undertaking is going on, how we need to manage the individuals, how we need to control the passanger.
Everyone is good in Hoban including managers,team leader, members. They behave so nicely and respectful to everyone.Pay is also good.overall, Everything is almost good.
while working at hoban we feel really good and level of customer service experience is very high. They are representing Metro trains while we do customer service so its really good.
I cant even say how brilliant it was to work for Hoban. They will do whatever they can to give you the work you want and to suit your needs. Awesome place, Awesome people.
I have a disability which they are aware of and take into consideration. I have worked for Hoban for more than a year.Have never had any issues with them. Helpful, considerate
Out alll types of weather, meet and greet customers with a smile. Have a can do attitude. Data entry for bus service. Hoban is the best place to work.
Pros
Great coffee breaks
Cons
The team in Melbourne in charge of the Metro occupations don’t care about their employees. As long as there is a body in a vest making them look good then they’re happy. They tend to allocate a lot more shifts to the international students without considering how long a break they’ve taken between shifts (multiple occasions) and hand off the scrap shifts to the Australian citizens. Many of the people that have been appointed a Team Leader position should be demoted and given the proper training. Prepare to be blackballed if you try and challenge their current practices.
Pros
Pay (if not delayed)
Cons
People in charge, favouritism
This recruitment company recruits people for different occo's. I have been placed in Customer service position. This is the best job in my life. you need to handle more number of customers and should give your best to the role.
Pros
good salary
Cons
should be on time other wise you will be fired
Career progression was limited, workplace was supportive, encouraging and everyone worked as team, hardest part was getting career progression, great
Pros
Felxiable
Cons
Limited career opportunities
I wouldn't recommend Hoban Laverton if you are a professional executive. They don't interview you about the "so-called" role they have advertised until you fill out their manual (old fashioned) photocopied tax and super forms and want your references beforehand. Hang on, "you haven't told me who I will be working for, and let alone, if I would even consider or accept this role". So, don't ask me for all of my private details (I'm not applying for a bank loan)!
Pros
Cons
The office is a dump, their systems are out of date (mid-century).
As an On-Call Casual, typical is uncommon. I am required to be extremely adaptable in a multitude of role variations.Consultation and cooperation is critical to success. In some cases I am required to deal with some very difficult people. One client had commended and thanked me for my tolerance and patience. Unlike learning skills in a single role, I am required to learn multiple skills in a multitude of ways. This brings extreme depth to what I have learnt at the coal face. As an On-Call Casual, I am required to be a big picture thinker and am often left to my own devices. Other Casuals often look to me for leadership. I am required be at a client's at a moment's notice. I am often requested by name and have been offered permanent employment on a number of occasions. but rejected the offers as they are not a direction I want to take. Learning: Due to the diverse nature of the role, learning is compounded; as if living multiple life times within a couple of years. Management: Management varies from client to client. Culture: Some, warm, some isolating, some individuals withing the workplaces have been antagonistic. Hardest part of the job: Integrated where not wanted or having disruptive colleagues.
Pros
Diversification
Cons
No sick leave, holiday pay and unpredictable income.
Hoban is a great place to work and get paid on time am very happy with them as I meet their requirement beyond expectation. As I keep in touch with them regularly I get jobs when they have and suits my flexibility.
I am ever great full to hoban in my life, this is the job showed me what is Australia and what is life. I am very happy to work with hoban recruitment.
Pros
Great skills we can learn
Cons
According to my view nothing
I've worked with HOBAN for two projects that they have done. I've met a lot of nice people while working there, the pay is pretty nice too however I would say that management is terrible. First of all, when I worked at a project as new, I was not given information of any kind such as what to wear, what to bring, etc. When they said they would send me an email and such. They just allocated me shifts. Very disorganized in planning things. Seems all over the place. Now this other project done. They actually became more organized and you can actually contact them this time. It was hard before to even get a reply or talk to the right person. So this project was much better than the first one (this is working for the same client both first and this one). However the management is seriously in need for professionalism. If I could show you how they say things to people through phone and chat messages, I would. They are not so kind as in they don't care about your well-being.. They only care that you make sure you turn up to your shifts and that's that. If you call them up before your shift (mind you calling up like 3 hours before) saying that you are actually sick, you can tell by their tone that they don't believe you're sick and that you're just bull. And the funny thing is, they say bull about it after on a chat. How professional is that coming from them? And sure enough, there could be people who are fake sick or just making any excuses not to work however there are people who are actually sick due to the harsh weather conditions. Kudos to those who still wants to work - more...
Pros
Working with people, meeting lots of people
Cons
Management, disorganized, long hours, lack of response
HOBAN has so much potential to be good to their staff but they fail on all levels. There is no work life balance, no training, very poor management and a lot of b I t c h ing. Matters with staff are not dealt with sensitively or in private / managers will openly gossip about the consultants. It would appear consultants are disposable - rather than focusing on someone's career and helping them develop they would rather make excuses and quit before the going gets tough. Rewards and commission are little to none and there is a huge lack of appreciation.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low wages, no team environment
Despite having a temporary contract during the time being and only working for a day, I enjoyed experiencing new tasks and learning from other team mates who have experienced this job.
Working for Hoban Recruitment was varied. Some assignments would only be short-term, however I did work a few very long term assignments which lasted 6 months or more. I learned a variety of positions, learned to adapt quickly and learned many different computer packages. I enjoyed working with management and also enjoyed fellow staff members. The hardest part of the job was the first couple of days when I had to constantly think on my feet to fit in, but I also really enjoyed the challenges. I loved the fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variety.
Pros
I was able to cross-reference what I learnt from each different environment and build on my skills
Cons
I didn't feel that the pay compensated for the work performed
Ive been with hoban for nearly 2 years now and they have never disappointed me. Awesome people to work with, fun jobs and reliable.
Pros
Fun Work Enviroment