Hogs Breath Cafe Employee Reviews

Not Great
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD16 April 2018
My experience was awful. The manager was a bully and doesn't allow you to take time to grow. I was underpaid and would sometimes only work for 15 minutes.
Pros
Discounts before and after shift
Cons
Not great staff
Okay
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Taylors Lakes VIC3 March 2018
It’s a good way to learn a bit about hospitality however there are a lot of cons. I did enjoy working with my coworkers as they were all very friendly though.

Cons:

Short hours or spilt shifts, no penalty rates and the pay isn’t great, managers worry about pleasing everyone expect their workers, they try and clock you off as soon as possible, you make the effort to get to your shift on time and they make you wait 15-30mins because it’s not busy, only a 10% discount on food and they are very scummy.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Listed above
Busy, hands on
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW28 February 2018
Working at Hogs Breath was my first real job. It was a great experience and it taught my many things. The people were all very lovely and great to work with
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very hot
Fun workplace, coworkers are very friendly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC1 February 2018
During my time working there I gained insight on the hospitality industry which opened my eyes to the 'Adult world". The workers there were friendly most of the time. The hardest part of this job would be that high pressure environment, especially when both kitchen staff and managers are yelling at you to be quicker. Overall it was a pleasant job.
Pros
Gaining hospitality experience
Cons
Split shifts, high pressure environment
Fun working environment
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Phillip ACT29 January 2018
Arrive to work wearing all appropriate clothing suitable for kitchen work. Start working as soon as i walk into the kitchen if it was really busy and start cleaning as required.
Enjoyable work space with great team work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Nelson Bay NSW27 January 2018
only thing I didn't enjoy about working at Hog's was during holiday season how busy it got meaning that other staff could get a bit nasty due to the stress place on them
Fun workplace
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 January 2018
I enjoy working at Hog's Breath and have fun whilst doing my job. I enjoy the social side of things and my colleagues. The pay could be slightly better but the managers are flexible with their hours which makes life easier.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
Rude employees
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC8 January 2018
Not a good place to start a career path, the bosses were rude and so were their employees.
The work life balance was terrible, despite my certificates I was underpaid.
Awesome vibes
Terrigal' Cook and Desert maker (Former Employee) –  Terrigal NSW2 January 2018
Worked here back in the day during christmas period. Very fast paced. We were smashing out over 300 orders within the night time and the pay was great. Was working in the kitchen. Awesome vibes with fellow employees
Pros
Great pay, Lovely staff.
Cons
Don't expect to get a break if its busy
friendly staff and great service
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA11 December 2017
It was nice to work in Hog's Breath Cafe. They have good service with friendly staff. They know how to serve their customer. the area is really clean.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
not good
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW5 December 2017
I did not enjoy my job at hogs breath, it was a very stressful environment and the hours are not worth the abuse from managers, might be better if it was better pay
Fun and Amazing Staff
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC19 November 2017
Having the privilege to work at Hogs Breath is a blast and an absolutely amazing time. There is no better place than Hogs Breath as the Hogspitatilty is outstanding and there are friendly staff.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Hard work
Friendly colleagues who you will be able to have fun with while working
Kitchenhand (Current Employee) –  Springfield QLD16 November 2017
As long as you communicate well with management, they are very understanding with out of work commitments, especially study. Furthermore, the crew there are great fun and really friendly.
Pros
Half price if you are working that day, 25% off any other day. Free meal if you work a split shift
Cons
If you don't push yourself to improve, you will be given fewer hours. Minimum wage almost guaranteed unless you really excel
Waitress and bartender (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW10 November 2017
Really good place to work at, taught me the skills I have now 3 years on, which I still remember to this day and have used it in the last few jobs I've had. Was really good training from the management
A typical day at work
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 November 2017
I loved working at Hogs breath it was a lovely place to work and was always busy so there was always something to do and you were never just standing around doing nothing.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
hours got cut as more staff joined
Hourly rate is terrible
Casual Waiter (Former Employee) –  Aspley QLD31 October 2017
I worked here for 2 weeks because of how poorly you get paid and the hours you work is only 4 hours a week and that's not enough for me. It is a fun working environment but the pay and the hours are terrible.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Hourly rate and hours are terrible
Fun workplace
FOH / Bartender/Barista/Manager (Former Employee) –  Napier NZ30 October 2017
Working there for 3+ years , was a fun environment. Main downside to it was split shifts due to closing times In the afternoon.

Recommend working there if your interested in hospitality
Fun and easy going workplace
Kitchen Hand (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay QLD5 October 2017
I absolutely loved working at hogs breath. The staff were so friendly and easy to get along with, they also were always willing to help one another out. I always looked forward to work.
Busy and lively work place
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Caloundra QLD2 October 2017
There was very rarely any quiet times during work but always was enjoyable. I learned the ins and outs of running a busy restaurant and how to manage a team efficiently.
Pros
free lunches, fun staff
Cons
demanding work hours
Avoid this place 4810
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Townsville City QLD25 September 2017
Awful management at my store, with pay rates that in no way were worth what you had to put up with (not quite $14 as an 18yr old), no benefits bar some super and holiday hours, no penalties, mothers/fathers day was a absolute must work (even for the girl whos mum wouldnt be around for any more mothers days ever) regular split shifts, long hours (without breaks) and late nights with no compensation.
Pros
Staff are nice
Cons
Everything else!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogs Breath Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.