Hogs Breath Cafe
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hogs Breath Cafe Employee Reviews

Australia210 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Fast paced

Fast paced but would cancel shifts less than an hour before they would start. Management was rude and complete opposite of understanding. Would not recommend

Best environment and people

Absolutely favourite job I’ve had and I miss working there so much, could only dream to go back. The people are so fun and friendly but we all worked to a professional matter. Would recommend this place to anyone❤️

Terrible environment

There’s a reason they are shutting down .. underpaid and poor management. Avoid at all costs , low pay and to be expected to do 2 peoples jobs . Poor menu

Pros

FOH staff keep them a float

Cons

To many to list for boh, a nightmare

Terrible place to work for

Regional Victorian hogs breath is the WORST place to work for, the management would yell every shift over things that weren’t even my fault and higher up management was just as bad. Left 1 month into working there due to having to hold on tears every shift until I finished and then could cry. Went to get a separation certificate and they refused to actually see me and I had to email them the certificate unsure of whether they will send it back to me, and that they refuse to put the reason as to why I quit.

Fun but frustrating

Good culture but poor management. Fun but all over the place with plans and ideas. CEO hired outside advise but then wouldn’t do as they advised. 1 pay review in 4 years.

Pros

Samples, discount

Cons

No mentoring, no HR department, no real policies and procedures followed

Low hours and no weekend rates

Not a good place to work. Average management but didn't like the owner. They would send you home after 2 hours, and would always try and get you to leave after 1 hour. Split shifts so you would work 2 hours at lunch and then 2 hours at dinner, but the driving to and from work would waste your whole day. The BOH to FOH management was not up to standard and the customers were always rude because the staff were not trained so they couldn't provide great service. There are no weekend rates and low pay compared to most restaurants. You would work almost every day but your paycheck would be low because you had low hours. Workplace culture wasn't the best and most people didn't get along because it was a stressful place to work. When the owner was there most people would make mistakes and be stressed because the owner would yell a lot. The food wasn't the best so customers would complain all the time. Stressful delivery service and staff had to deliver food.

Pros

Staff discount on food

Cons

Split shifts, stressful environment

average hospo job

Hog's is a great place to start your hospo journey, training kinda throws you in the deep end, but there is always someone to help, being management or senior staff members. the culture is the same as any hospo/fast food joint. pay is decent, but no holiday rates as they pay above award. expect to be working on all public holidays, other than christmas.

Pros

discounts, workplace progression, fun staff

Cons

long breaks

Eh

Hogs breath cafe was a decent job to get some experience to put on your resume, i would not recommend this job for a permanent job, they pay their staff a lot less than other places do and expect too much from literal teenagers. the shift policies are ridiculous and if you need to take a day off you can only get that through a leave form. rosters are posted every sunday and if we can’t find a cover then we as staff get in trouble. i would not recommend working here because of these reasons and more. the shifts are only 2 hours which is good if your a student but not good if you need more hours, most staff don’t know when they are going to finnish and go home. sometimes the managers will even get mad at you or irritated for asking a simple question or if you speak to them when they are in a bad mood they disregard you,

Pros

1 free kid size drink a night

Cons

majority of the job

Still waiting for final pay

I worked here for a few months. I passed up 3 other jobs for hogs breath and now realise I made a big mistake. The customer service at our store was appalling, and if the customers complain too much the owner removes your meal and asks you to leave. Working here felt wrong on every level. So relieved to have moved on but still waiting over a week to be paid, despite returning my shirt and badge earlier this week. I understand the owner is being petty, but it’s not professional or fair.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

No finish times, so can’t plan your life

Great fun place to work

Worked here for 2 years loved it staff are all friendly management was great. Head office can be frustrating to deal with but thats with every franchise

Pros

50% lunches

Hog's Breath provided a collaborative environment with a focus on taking care of people.

I went to work for Hog's Breath after several of my professional colleagues moved there. I initially came into the company as a mentor to the then General Manager at Cleveland branch. Soon enough I was assigned my own region in NSW, overseeing 12 franchised restaurants. During my time with Hog's Breath I felt valued and reasonably well compensated. The company promotes professionalism, yet maintains a casual friendly vibe. I would return to work there in the future if the opportunity arose and I was in a position to take advantage of that opportunityl

Pros

Collaborative work environment.

Cons

Executive stress flowed down.

Dont work here

Pay rate is terrible. No weekend rates and no public holiday rates. You are expected to work every day except Christmas. Hogs Breath claims to have some agreement with fair work over the pay. I was given minimal training, just enough to do the FOH duties. High turn over of staff. Unsanitary restaurant. Poor management.

Pros

Cons

Poor management

Was employed for a year but was let go for standing up for myself after a new manager began dominating employees by targeting, micro managing, and at times getting physical.

Cons

Not listened to when voicing a concern, rumours and false information, terminations posted on Facebook and not in person

I wouldn't want anyone to work there

At my store they underpaid me as i was 17 getting paid $11.70 with no weekend rate. My availability wasn't respected and i was rostered on to shifts that i couldn't make. The people were lovely but the management was terrible.

Pros

Lovely people

Cons

The low pay rate and the management

I found the Boss and the rest of staff to be friendly approachable and I was happy working there.

Apart from the abrupt closing down without any warning and losing your job it was fun and good to work there. A good team and felt welcome as soon as I started in 2018 October. Cheers K.Coleclough.

Pros

Great to get a job

Cons

Not enough hours.

Fun while you work

Face paced, casual work environment. Good culture Room to grow Hall mark days and celebrations without a doubt popular location Sit down at the table to take orders

Fun place to work

I leant a lot working at Hogs Breath, I highly recommend trying to get a job there. It was a fun place to work and the other employees were extremely nice and helped me out when I needed.

Good

I work as 2IC in a hogs breath cafe. It was fun , energetic team with good vibes. It was busy restaurant with good environment. I do suggest to people try once

Terrible

Terrible management, terrible hours. Routinely lied to and underpaid. Expected to cover managers duties while they go for a smoke every 30-45 minutes, instructed to send burnt food despite pointing out it is not an acceptable meal. So many things

Not a good environment

Staff weren’t treated very well, the store was treated even worse, only good side of working there was the staff but then again the turn over was crazy so they usually weren’t around for long.

Bullying and illegal ways of management to save money as a business whilst affecting staffs income

Every night you’re waiting 30 minutes- 3 hours to start even though you’re rostered on to start at a certain time they start you when the restaurant gets busy, you have to wait around in the kitchen until manager lets you start, sometimes shifts are only 1 and half hours long but you spend 4 hours in the restaurant. Managers act like high school bully’s who have screaming matches constantly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogs Breath Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Hogs Breath Cafe