Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Australia65 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,452 reviews

It was a helpful experience.

I had a good time working here. the hotel employs people from different countries and culture. felt at home while working here. They helped me to build my confidence and love for the work I love.

Recepción

El salario es muy malo y hay muchísimo trabajo . Si eres nuevo en Londres y no sabes mucho inglés es bueno para empezar

Pros

En Londres sino hablas inglés es un sitio Iara empezar

Cons

El sueldo para la calidad de vida de alondra es muy bajo

Great place to work. Inclusive and supportive.Family oriented with flexibility to manage these obligations.Give and demonstrate true hospitality. Recommend working here.

Pros

Caring work colleagues.

Horrible

I had the worst experience working here, the salary was terrible, they dont care about your health, they dont care about anything about you. Dont work here

The worst place to work for

They do not provide adequate trainings for their staff and expect way more than what we were trained to do. The management does not work on improving working conditions for the staff and refuses to allocate enough staff to cut cost. It was the most terrible place to work for and I will never forget the way I was treated by supervisors and the management. They simply treat their staff as slaves.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Understaffed at all times

Management had no idea of such activities and how to motivate staff.

Due to lack of experience and knowledge running such hotels. This was a big challenge for someone to learn/adapt and be able to manage such a beautiful property at a prime location. Management had always been too busy highering own buddies and looking after them. This built a culture of the laid back or hotel was managed by the staff than by the managers. Due to the demographics of the area, the bar was running its own rest was GOD's mercy.

Pros

Free Parking and food.

Cons

Due to lack of training and too much buddy culture, made harder for some of the team members compare to others.

Fun plce to work

The professionalism is there but the rates are very low. Good environment, helps people to be disciplined while dealing with a diverse multicultural Humanity.

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Low salary

Fast paced

Be fit and work fast. Arrive early leave late. Very busy days while working and making sure work is done as fast as possible. Not finished doing workday until all rooms done completely from daily worksheet.

Physically Demanding Job

This job keeps you busy up until the very end. You are constantly moving throughout the hotel and rushing to get everything on the docket done. It's a bit tough, but it keeps you in shape.

Trusted Brand Name

Holiday Inn is a brand name and they are up to the expectations for the employees as well as for the interns. Work life balance was superb and top management was very well connected with their team.

Wonderful work environment.

Holiday Inn truly is a family. Wish I had never left. Warm, professional, supportive management team. Engaged employees. Salary is a little on low side but it's worth the experience.

Productive fun work place

Good co-operative and supportive staff to work with. Generally I would say a good place to learn and hone your skills as the staff and management are proactive in making the staff practice ownership of one's own role.

Good productive work environment

Great pace environment, Learned so much, got to meet to a lot of people, learned to count the float(counting of the money and its takings), learned to make coffee, did room service. The manager was an excellent manager taught me new skills and how to do things properly, and was always there when needed a hand. The workplace had so many different cultures and got many different cultures coming through. The hardest part of the job would be doing a lot of running around. The most enjoyable parts of the job was that I got to meet a lot of people, learning new skills like making coffee, and learning the bar, learning how to set up and break down functions, my work colleague was amazing they would help me a lot, show me an easy way to do things, and they was very friendly.

A great place to work only if the management is right for the job

management never kept their promises, very unprofessional and very cunning. values of work culture dies out when management are not according, and it shows in reviews from guests, as it will show on staff performance also, SIMPLE TREAT YOUR STAFF WELL, AND THEY WILL TREAT THE BUSINESS WELL ALSO.

Everyone is co-operative..

Its such a good workplace i have ever seen..its not totally busy hotel...all the colleagues are friendly..have the higher chances of job promotion....

Pros

all the kitchen teams are very good..offers food on break time..you can choice ur food from menu..

Cons

salary is little low..

Friendly and busy

Most shifts were busy to keep you on your toes Various functions with different roles to work meant you could learn on the job Shift times were manageable

Great Place To Work

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years working for IHG. Management was an absolute highlight, I constantly felt cared for, motivated and supported. The workplace culture was fantastic, people worked hard but still had fun. The hardest part was leaving!

Pros

Great work-life balance, management, career progression

Cons

Salary

energetic and organised

I learned how to slice fruits in a certain way, how to make dessert cups, how to make pancakes from scratch and how to lay them out and how to use the machine that sucks out air to stop bacteria from getting in.

Pros

variety of different options

Cons

exhausting however manage to get through the day

Good team and management

Good Management and Team. Best place to work with good team work and trust. Management will support you always. You can tell everything that concerns you, management team will listen.

great

Overall a good company, busy work. it has balanced of salary and benefits, job security/ advancement, management, and job culture. Friendlt co worker as well.

Work

I was working there for work placement, the place was very paced and most workers there were friendly. I would just cut ingredients, store products, mallet chicken pieces then crumble them. I received a free pizza for lunch. The hardest part of this job was just standing for long hours.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Had long hours on some days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Holiday Inn with

• Holiday Inn
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?