Holiday Inn
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Australia62 reviews
I had a good time working here. the hotel employs people from different countries and culture. felt at home while working here. They helped me to build my confidence and love for the work I love.
It was honour to work there and the hotel staff ,supervisior, manager all are very friendly and very supportive. I always got chance to learn something new everyday from all . The job was also good with good salaries. I loved to work there. Cleaning the office and sometime working as a housekeeper was a wonderful experience.
The professionalism is there but the rates are very low. Good environment, helps people to be disciplined while dealing with a diverse multicultural Humanity.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Low salary
Be fit and work fast.
Arrive early leave late.

Very busy days while working and making sure work is done as fast as possible.

Not finished doing workday until all rooms done completely from daily worksheet.
This job keeps you busy up until the very end. You are constantly moving throughout the hotel and rushing to get everything on the docket done. It's a bit tough, but it keeps you in shape.
Holiday Inn is a brand name and they are up to the expectations for the employees as well as for the interns. Work life balance was superb and top management was very well connected with their team.
Holiday Inn truly is a family. Wish I had never left.
Warm, professional, supportive management team. Engaged employees.

Salary is a little on low side but it's worth the experience.
Good co-operative and supportive staff to work with.
Generally I would say a good place to learn and hone your skills as the staff and management are proactive in making the staff practice ownership of one's own role.
Rota changes every week so your days off can be different, you have the chance to progress and learn new skills every day. Being able to see your friends day in day out is great.
Great pace environment, Learned so much, got to meet to a lot of people, learned to count the float(counting of the money and its takings), learned to make coffee, did room service. The manager was an excellent manager taught me new skills and how to do things properly, and was always there when needed a hand. The workplace had so many different cultures and got many different cultures coming through. The hardest part of the job would be doing a lot of running around. The most enjoyable parts of the job was that I got to meet a lot of people, learning new skills like making coffee, and learning the bar, learning how to set up and break down functions, my work colleague was amazing they would help me a lot, show me an easy way to do things, and they was very friendly.
management never kept their promises, very unprofessional and very cunning.
values of work culture dies out when management are not according, and it shows in reviews from guests, as it will show on staff performance also, SIMPLE TREAT YOUR STAFF WELL, AND THEY WILL TREAT THE BUSINESS WELL ALSO.
Its such a good workplace i have ever seen..its not totally busy hotel...all the colleagues are friendly..have the higher chances of job promotion....
Pros
all the kitchen teams are very good..offers food on break time..you can choice ur food from menu..
Cons
salary is little low..
Most shifts were busy to keep you on your toes
Various functions with different roles to work meant you could learn on the job

Shift times were manageable
I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years working for IHG. Management was an absolute highlight, I constantly felt cared for, motivated and supported. The workplace culture was fantastic, people worked hard but still had fun. The hardest part was leaving!
Pros
Great work-life balance, management, career progression
Cons
Salary
I learned how to slice fruits in a certain way, how to make dessert cups, how to make pancakes from scratch and how to lay them out and how to use the machine that sucks out air to stop bacteria from getting in.
Pros
variety of different options
Cons
exhausting however manage to get through the day
Good Management and Team. Best place to work with good team work and trust. Management will support you always. You can tell everything that concerns you, management team will listen.
Overall a good company, busy work. it has balanced of salary and benefits, job security/ advancement, management, and job culture. Friendlt co worker as well.
I was working there for work placement, the place was very paced and most workers there were friendly. I would just cut ingredients, store products, mallet chicken pieces then crumble them. I received a free pizza for lunch. The hardest part of this job was just standing for long hours.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Had long hours on some days
there was a delay flight for 150 pax. it was really busiest on that night. we had so many orders at one time, so we had to stay for so late till we can leave the hotel.
Good staff but hours provided is very less specially for part time employee.Supportive staff with friendly attitude.Helps being provided if you are willing to learn.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
less hours
People in the Maintenance, House keeping and Reception are very nict to work with. Managers of each department are a pleasure to work with as well. it is a very happy environment to work in.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.
5.9K