Hollywood Private Hospital
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Hollywood Private Hospital Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Great part time job to have on the side while studying or such. Flexible hours, ability to take leave. Decent management however the work is very fast-paced and often hectic as the kitchen is usually understaffed.
Best place to start your career and get familiar with the work culture.
Very supportive management and efficient Human Resources team.

Friendliest work colleagues I have met in Australia.

Great multicultural environment.
Nicely maintained, well staffed, compliance to policies, friendly staff, good mentors, good and knowledgeable instructors, well connected with transport system.
1. Good work culture
2. Effective trainings.

3. Flexible shift roster.

4. Supportive staff.

5. Security arrangements well managed.

6. Management of hospital is excellent.
Multiple organisational changes last year creates a very negative workplace where no one feels valued and no concerns are addressed to ease feeling of insecure future. Focus on money making and not patient care or staff satisfaction
Hollywood is a productive and supportive environment, I completed many skills such as IV competency. Hardest part of the job is late early shifts with long distance for travel to and from work, most enjoyable was the feeling I get when I see improvement in patient condition and morale.
also the great team environment always supporting each other
Pros
Christmas gift and the occasional lunch supplied by the Hospital
Cons
decrease in the number of hours per shift
As I was involved in many different roles a typical day was different for myself than most but a typical day was busy but not exhausting

I was able to advance from a patient service assistant role into administration and if I had stayed may well have advanced into management but left for personal reasons.

the management team are very approachable and it's always nice when the CEO of such a large company remembers your name despite being in charge of hundreds of employees.

They have a strong family culture and as long as you do right b y them they'll do right by you.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the work social events that were regularly organised by management and the social club.
Pros
cheap lunches at the cafeteria, freindlly work environment
Cons
can be busy but fulfilling work
The people I work with are absolutely amazing, they treat you like family, the work is also not to bad but it is quite a fast pace job, from serving patients to answering phone calls.
Working in Hollywood Private Hospital was a big foot in the door. I had never worked in a hospital before but my fellow staff members were always kind and helpful. Unfortunately, when our management changed, so did the dynamics of the office. Other than that, the staff are amazing, the salary is amazing and the job security was excellent.
Pros
Staff discount at on site pharmacy
Cons
Restricted hours for working mums
Flexible and very good working with a team,I perform my duties very well and everybody enjoy working with me because I am energetic when doing my duties and very good communication skills wit customers and coligues.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hollywood Private Hospital?
I worked at Ramsay Health Care full-time (More than 1 year). Excellent HR department, staff are looked after exceptionally, incentives & benefits always available.
Grab operation list and get ready for patients in order. Orthopedic tech within theater working while operating learning lots about the human body.Co-Workers help full and always teaching me and involving me to succeed further. Hardest part was not many. enjoyable part the staff closeness and trust feeling important
Pros
free lunch or dinner
Cons
set weekly hours
the employees were the most enjoyable part of the day, the team work made the day run smoothly and the management did encourage staff morale
Pros
staff were well looked after with frre meals per shift
Cons
when there is no jobs can be boring
Well, Staff are nice and friendly, very enthusiastic. I would love to work in the hospital for next few years and learn more skills for my further development.
Pros
+++Culture
Cons
-Public employee benefits
Good team environment, working with adults with mental health issues and drug and alcohol issues.
Ongoing training was always important
A typical day was always going so easy. The people who works there was from all over the world. That means new ideas, learning new cultures and sharing all new information made me gain new experiences and learn how important teamwork in a worklplace
That is why i like to work in a diverse place.
Pros
Free event tickets for motivation, weekend rates were higher
Satisfying, feeling of achievement, most of the time good work ethics, but Management at ward level could of been better. The hardest part of the job, was that some clients who came to our ward had to give up their family home and move into a facility, because they could not look after themselves anymore, The most enjoyable was to assist clients in reaching their goals of returning home. I did a Rehabilitation Short Course which I found helpful in my daily duty of care.
Pros
education courses always available to us to achieve better qualifications.
Cons
shift work