Holmesglen Institute Employee Reviews

Revolving door culture
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC9 December 2018
Holmesglen is truly a terrible place to work!! There is a “revolving door” approach in this department- get them in, burn them out, teacher leaves, get fresh victims. I’ve seen it for years! Complaints from students continue to increase because the teachers that stay become jaded and mean.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Overworked, disorganised, mean teachers
Not a place for me to grow old in
Senior Educator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 November 2018
Senior management needs to start listening to the people that do the work and not the department heads. A cultural change needs to occur for HOLMESGLEN to improve its staff retention and staff experience.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of decision making, no direction
Great job culture
Time Table Officer (Current Employee) –  Glen Waverley VIC9 September 2018
Great job culture, salary is not the best, quiet environment, Family friendly work hours,
Facilities for self development, discounts for studies good management
I am enjoying my work in assisting international students. My workplace is relaxed and friendly.
International Student Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Chadstone VIC15 April 2018
There is often not a typical day at my workplace due to working with a high number of students and staff. I am learning a great deal about the education and training sector, including the rewards and limitations. The workplace culture is friendly and easy going, noncompetitive and supportive for the most part. The hardest part of the job is being limited by budget/resources available. The most enjoyable part is community engagement.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC1 April 2018
In my time, I found the staff and students friendly.
I had good hours and was able to work by myself, while having the support I needed. This was a casual position.
Excellent culture and very friendly colleagues.
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 December 2017
Excellent culture and very friendly colleagues. Friendly and polite students. Really enjoy teaching there. Just one thing, parking fee is a bit high, $4 per day.
Culturalmente distinta al resto de mis experiencias
remedial massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia3 August 2017
La jornada es parcial, 5 horas diarías.
Aprendi principalmente a como manejar una pequeña clínica de masajes.
Todos mis colegas generarón un hambiente grato y cómodo de trabajo.
Lo más positivo fué todo lo aprendido referente a las distintas técnicas pero por sobre todo a como conectar con los clientes.
I learn something from my students everyday
Trainer and Assessor (Current Employee) –  Glen Waverley VIC25 June 2017
Working as a chef for the past 20 years it's time I teach what I've learnt and pass on my knowledge to up and coming chefs and students. Since beginning my apprenticeship at Crown I've learnt many different techniques and worked with a lot of chefs from around the world.
Pros
Watching students evolve to their full potential
Cons
Students that drop out
great place
Kitchen Steward (Current Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC7 February 2017
im currently working there, i enjoy working there as the people are great,friendly,supportive, and i love working in the kitchen.
its always busy,and on going,sometimes we dont have lunch our choice tho if we think that it is busy and we need to keep going.
i learn about herbs and spices different ones, different ingredients chefs use for different foods, hardest art of the job is trying to push for more hours. being with the team and working hard having a laugh here and there.
Pros
working with the great team, support, money
Cons
not having many hours, not making money and not seeing the team
Good work environment and facilities
Senior Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC18 November 2016
Good work environment, all the colleagues are friendly and respectful. Good place to work though. That's why am still working here.
Pros
Facilities to study
Cons
Work on my own most of the time
delightful
Placements (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC12 May 2016
Placements were great but I wouldnt go back to holmesglen, its too far away from my home address. it was good whilst it lasted
Holmesglen
Nurse Educator/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC23 November 2015
It provides state of the art place to work
However it can be a very toxic environment
Location is good if traffic isnt bad
Hours are 8 to 4
Management can be toxic to work under
Enjoyable part the students
Hardest part working with a clicky group and unequality
Pros
Complex state of the art
Cons
Clicky nursing environment
An innovative educational facility
ESL Teacher and Industry Trainer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC6 November 2014
Holmesglen has always been a leading educational provider who has moved with the changes and reinvented itself to meet internal and external influences.

There are many highly professional colleagues with years of skills and experiences and though the changing dynamics and increasing demands of compliance's have been challenging at times, Holmesglen and their professional and competent employees have succeeded to increase the educational bar.

The interaction between fellow colleagues and students is the most rewarding part of the job, especially at the end of the year when learners achievements are celebrated.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Lack of Government support
Productive and Friendly working environment
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Waverley Campus, Melbourne Australia30 March 2012
I have been a student in Holmesglen for almost 3 yrs and have gained a lot a experience, been a part of the administration office is something I would picture my self being it. I have would in an environment where I able to interact with people and learn new things everyday.
Pros
flexiable working environment
Cons
some times really busy days