Holy Cross Services Employee Reviews

Don’t ever work here if want to be in a immature petty work environment
Treatment Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI7 September 2019
Worst decision I ever made in my life Never have I seen such unprofessional disgusting and frankly unbecoming behavior until I came here staff pretty much bullies new hires and treats them like trash they do whatever they want( on their phones all day) the management is horrendous and needs to be changed or fixed they half train new hires and never communicate with you what so ever or they’re just short or rude to you never work here if you want be treated like a human being
Stay away
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI24 August 2019
In the beginning it seemed like a okay place to work, but after a while management finally showed their true colors. If you want to be belittled and treated not like an equal then work for Holy Cross.
Tough Job
Residential Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MI21 August 2019
Very tough work! Lot's of driving very little time for therapy. Many court appearances as well as driving to families and court all over the state of Michigan.
Case Manager was a bit confused ;)
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MI16 August 2019
Management could make better decisions regarding important contracts but work environment was good overall. Pay was average for the mental health / counseling field.
Good clients, bad management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI26 June 2019
Workplace culture needs to be redone. The only enjoyable part of the job were seeing clients and most coworkers. Upper management is bad with communicating information. Little or no training, just have to figure it out yourself. Not good or safe for the clients or coworkers. There is time off but with no one to relieve you there is no way to schedule a day away.
Pros
Free lunches, but who has time to eat
Cons
Pay is worse then retail with more responsibility
Opportunities for growth
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI10 April 2019
HCS provides opportunities for advancement and professional development. I have been working on my development plan for my CAADC and all clinical supervision and training is provided for me. They care about my career path and goals I want to achieve.
Pros
trainings and supervision
Cons
challenging work with clients
Challenging but rewarding
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI10 January 2019
Holy cross was a very challenging but rewarding job. I was helping young women get back on their feet. There were tons of challenges and tough days but we all worked for those who were in worse spots.
Good place to gain experience
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI18 December 2018
Holy cross is a good place to gain experience. Difficult seeing what the kids have been through and why they are there but I enjoy working here. I have had support from my team and supervisors.
Pros
Teamwork, communication
Cons
Stressful learning what young kids have gone through
Great Leadership
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI14 December 2018
Holy Cross Services has great leadership. They role model everyday and truely care about their employees. Working for them is like being part of a family. I feel that my supervisor is honest and supportive. I look forward to going to work everyday!! It is not even like a job and its so rewarding. Making a difference for so many families. They promote growth and are dedicated to helping their employees and clients.
Pros
Great benefits, flex-time, career growth
Warm Welcoming
TS (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI14 December 2018
I am a new employee (6 months) and I was met with such a warm welcoming from the new management. I read reviews and took a leap of faith and it has really paid off. My questions were answered, I feel like I have support, and I am able to complete my tasks with the resources I have.
Pros
Management has been super helpful, clients
Cons
Breaks at times
Great environment with high expectations
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI13 December 2018
Love the job that I am in. I get to make a difference in the lives of children and adults in need. At HCS you're expected to do a lot to enrich the lives of those we serve.
Stay Away
N/A (Current Employee) –  Michigan26 October 2018
This place is probably the worst place ever to work. Management isn't fair and doesn't what they are doing. Good employees don't last long there. They can't keep staff.
A Good stepping stone
Substance Abuse & Behavioral Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI19 October 2018
Holy Cross was a decent employer. In my expereince, the facility was understaff and the building was too small for the amount of clients they wanted to take in, overworking the staff. It was a great opportunity for me to learn and get hands on expereince with the clients. Management wasn't so great at the time of hire for me, but eventually a new manager was hired and replaced. The new manager was kind, genuine, professional, and understanding. It seems like the company is working on improving itself. Being a non-profi, going into it I knew the pay wasn't going to be the best, but I needed a place to start in my career. I like that they offer LMSW and CADC supervision & trainings so you can get your creditials while working for the company.
Pros
LMSW & CADC/CAADC trainings/supervision, good hands on expereince, and company culture improving
Cons
Understaffed, Unstatisfactory PTO, Pay Rate for bachelor level not favorable
Terrible agency to work for-unprofessional and unethical
Management (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI1 September 2018
Management does not care about their employees. Mission is to help people yet management and executive team doesn’t care about helping their employees. COO is not friendly, often lies and manipulates others, is not clinical and does not have a degree in human services. Very poor communication with management and sites. Agency has employees they protect and they do many unethical and unprofessional things. Often in violation of contracts and unwilling to help each other out. Agency expects you to wear multiple hats while others just keep assigning tasks to do without care and concern or help.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Communication, management, support
The clients were greatest part of employment
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MI11 August 2018
Terrible management on every level. No matter what of education and experience you come in with you will be treated exactly the same, paid the same. Do not value employees but wonder why they can’t keep keep them. Set clients up for failure by not helping, they want them to keep coming back.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks, short staffed, little to no advancement
Low Pay. High Stress
Worker (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MI17 July 2018
This agency does WONDERFUL work for foster children. However, there is an EXTREMELY high turnover rate among social workers due to horrible management.
Pros
Generous PTO (trust me—you WILL NEED IT!!)
Cons
Terrible pay and management
Stressful
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI27 June 2018
Not enough pay for the job requirements. Management is all over the place. Very unorganized. States that they offer structure for the clients but there is minimal structure.
Challenging environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Michigan18 March 2018
Organization is in transition implementing positive ways to help clients and their families to ensure hope, change and freedom. Communicates well with clients and staff for feedback on how to improve.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
Lots of change right now
Treatment specialist
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI13 March 2018
When I first was hired in we were so under staffed that I was working 60+hours per week. They barely pay over minimum wage. The treatment specialist supervisor is very young and unprofessional. She doesn't care if you have kids, she will put you on whatever shift she wants. It is easy to accumulate paid time off but you never can use it. Even when putting in time off requests months early are no guarantee. Worst company I've ever worked for.
laid back
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MI11 February 2018
It's a laid back job that can become challenging at times, depending on the clients, some may require more medical help than others. This will be determined by the therapist.
Pros
free food
Cons
short or no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holy Cross Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7