HONEY BIRDETTE Employee Reviews

The Cult - Honey Birdette
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bankstown NSW25 October 2018
A terrible culture work culture, executives did not treat us like humans, there was so much expected of us all the time but we were not appreciated as workers.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Bad work culture
Absolutely thrived on KPIs and empowering clientele.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlestown and Kotara NSW30 September 2018
A typical day a work would involve creating a relationship with anyone who walked through the door, or finding a way to attract customers if it was quiet.
I learned that I was successful in doing this, making platinum sales and KPIs every week while building many connections throughout the stores.
I not only loved being a leader, however, loved the team I worked with.
My passion was with what I did within the company and loved empowering clientele.
Pros
challenging customers view of themselves for the better.
Cons
Nil
Catty, backstabbing and nasty
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Western Australia22 September 2018
You will be expected to push customers into purchasing things that don’t fit them right to hit unrealistic sales targets. You’ll also be encouraged to add them on your social media to develop VIPs/regulars.
If you can’t stand to backstab others to advance this isn’t the job for you. If you are a casual and there is a customer complaint that could be about you or a higher up staff member as you both worked that day and the customer wasn’t specific, you as the casual will be blamed as you are expendable.
It is a very catty and backstabbing environment, with a revolving door of managers. They as a business will not accomodate a work/life balance and if you are unwell it is very hard to get sick leave. You will also always be expected to stay back and help unpaid and if you don’t you are bullied.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Unpaid overtime, poor management, catty environment, no work/life balance, no sick leave, backstabbing, bullying
empowering retail store
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 September 2018
The first few months of working in this company was fabulous. The girls I was working with were absolutely lovely! They were very patient with me and helpful when I needed the support. It was easy to engage with customers as well as my communication skills have excelled considering Ive been in customer service for over 5 years.
The hardest part of this job was definitely trying to reach sales goals every single day because some days foot traffic was not as regular as other stores.
Pros
discounted items, engaging with the community, empowering others.
Cons
sometimes over time work, sales, foot traffic.
To be Catty or to not be Catty? That is the question.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW8 August 2018
I was in HB for a little of 2 months before i was fired.I was fired for my ''Uniform'', However i have a lot of trouble accepting that reason for my dismissal.The environment is Catty/Petty and if you don't fit in. You won't be treated like a 'Honey'.

I had certain issues one morning getting into work because my car broke down, There was no trainstation in walking distance to me , all stations were 30+ minutes away. I called my Area manager (who i will name as 'K'), K proceeded to yell at me saying

''I've got a lot of stuff to do today! You can't do this to me! Get to a trainstation! I'm two hours past the city ! I dont have time for this!''

Now let's proceed to why i was dismissed, I was dismissed because my pants were flare formal pants, HB only accepts Straight cut formal pants. I didn't know this until a co-worker who i will call 'L' mentioned it to me. But because my Area manager -K and my store manager at the time wore them, i thought it was fine to wear them too. But i was the one fired at the end of the day.

And L, has gone to my Area manager K, and has dropped a few lies which K had come to me and openly admitted to me about where these accusations came from, I spoke to K addressing each and every accusation. But i dropped it after i spoke to my AM, afterall she's the one i answer to.

I personally , in all honesty loved that store and frandschise , especially making woman feel amazing in lingerie. But the whole franchise is a mirage, a pure lie.

There was a list when i worked that was sent to everyone, basically who made how much money for HB. It
  more... basically would name everyone who got the lowest amount of money until the people who got the highest amount of money.

Also, No security. Cameras are only outside the store, No cameras were put in place to watch what happens in the store. (Many cases of disrespectful clients,sexual assault/ attempted sexual assault. These stories i've heard from Ex-Honeys. Who were also told to ''Get over it.'')

They lack plus size options, Honestly HB. It's 2018, Get some larger sizes.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
People, Staff
Worst Place Ever
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW29 May 2018
I was a casual at this company and was treated very poorly. Management will ring and demand that you are available at the last minute, if you cant make it they will bully you.
Girls are rude and will throw you under the bus to make sales.
Men harass you and management do nothing about it. I have been advised by other shop keepers that there was a gentlemen filming me inside the store and I brought it with management only to be shut down.
Pros
Dress up for work
Cons
Bullying and gossip from other staff
not great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 August 2017
ridiculous jobs and unrealistic targets, if youre not a pushy salesperson and care about customers feelings do not apply. Expected to sell things to customers even though they clearly dont want them resulting in customers never returning.
Rude, unpleasant unorganised staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Highpoint, Melbourne central16 May 2017
Rude workplace, everyone talks about one another and your constantly made to feel you're not good enough. You'll constantly be out down and you are forced to lie to customers to make money
Fun if you like discounted lingerie...not good for much else
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 March 2017
Very, extremely sales centric - I understand this is obviously important, but far better outcomes are achieved in a system based on rewarding employees with encouragement and incentive, as opposed to punishment/humiliation. There's a reason this place has developed a reputation for a treating staff poorly. Not to mention the poor quality/inauthenticity of much of the stock - support real, small Australian brands, not Honey Birdette who brazenly steals designs.
Pros
Discounted lingerie, interesting customs
Cons
Too many to list
High sale expectations
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC16 February 2017
Fun environment most times
Don't look after casuals very well in terms with falling pregnant and needing some time off
Good incentives but a lot a pressure to make high sales
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Pressure to make high sales
Review on Honey Birdette
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 August 2016
Honey Birdette is a a very self driven job, i find working for them you have to have alot of drive to learn all the products yourself which helps improves your work ethic. I find all the staff lovely and very supportive and i would recommend applying for there positions highly. Im proud to call myself a honey and i know all the other girls are also.
Pros
insentives
Cons
high maintenance on appearance which is costly
A different and interesting workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Northside QLD4 March 2016
Working in this store is extremely exciting because you get to learn different ways to sell things than you would in a regular store. Customers coming into this store are often quite shy or reserved so building rapport with a customer immediately is extremely important so that you can understand exactly what they are looking for.
Pros
Heavy discount on store products
Cons
lack of communication between management and casual employees