Hooked Employee Reviews

Awesome atmosphere and Cajun vibe
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TX16 July 2018
Definitely enjoyed the employment, but the owners had some financial problems with another of their businesses and they had to close their doors at the conclusion of their lease.
Productive environment which helped grow my skills
Graphic/Content Designer (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA30 March 2018
As an intern, was given a lot of projects and a lot of creative control which would not happen in most companies for other interns. Tight-knit group and easy to get along with co-workers.
Hooked internship
Virginia Tech Marketing Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VA5 December 2017
It was a great and fun internship while it lasted until they cut funding. It was only one semester long- unpaid. If I were to do it again I would definitely do the sales internship instead.
Positive and fun
Fish and chip shop (Former Employee) –  Glasgow21 October 2017
In a typical day I would make sure boxes for the food were made, clean the shop, go and get required food from the kitchen. I learned that I had to work fast and to a high standard to keep up with demand. The management were very nice and welcoming and were good at training me. The most enjoyable part of the job was completeing difficult tasks
Pros
Free meal at end of each shift
Fantastic Environment with Engaging Tasks
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA17 April 2017
My typical day at work included data entry in to the admin website, sales calls and potentially bouncing ideas back-and-forth between the marketing team. This dynamic and engaging experience was in stark contrast to the monotony that I was used to working at other jobs. If an applicant is new to the startup world, as I was, this job teaches you a great deal about how companies launch and the stages through which they roll out their product. There is a great deal of enjoyment that comes from working hard for a firm where you know that everything you're doing counts.
Overall Good Company
Head Intern (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL4 April 2017
Hooked, LLC is a startup in which I interned for while enrolled as an undergraduate student at the University of Florida. I enjoyed my internship and learned a great deal of marketing skills.
Fun, laid-back place for a college intern
Marketing Intern (Unpaid) (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WV15 March 2017
During the internship we conducted weekly meetings via Skype, as our manager lived on the West coast. A typical day included informing fellow students about the app, a few ways included in-class presentations, free food events at restaurants and college apartment complexes. The workplace culture was very laid back as I worked with three other students my age and our manager was understanding if we had a busy week due to exams or other school-related activities. The hardest part was having more of a formal relationship with the manager as he lived on the other side of the country, other than that no complaints. The most enjoyable part was to be able to promote an app I've been using before I interned in order to help promote the growth of a start up company.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Great work place that offers opportunities to grow and build a comapny
Sales and Restaurant Relations (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA4 November 2016
This was a great work environment for me to grow in sales, marketing and management.

I had the opportunity to travel and launch two college markets for the mobile platform Hooked Deals. I was delegated the task to build an app and user base.

I was provided the opportunity to manage over 2,000 accounts across the nation in 35 markets.

I got to test new growth processes to improve the value of the company. I also learned how to work in multiple roles to run to keep the company running properly.
Great Upcoming Company (Huge Potential)
Account Manager & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH3 February 2016
Great company that's definitely heading in the right direction; however, it was not the direction I intended on striving towards.
Very productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Benfleet Essex25 February 2014
Worked as part of a good team. I learnt to pick and pack Fishing equipment on line and pack into the packaging. The Management were very fare, good balance with my co workers. There wasn't anything I found hard in this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the end product ready for dispatch.
Pros
Fare management
Cons
Can't give any