Hooters Employee Reviews

Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 1,884 reviews
fun but demanding job
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW26 June 2018
fun and entertaining job, meet lots of new people. The hours are generous but the flexibility is limited you MUST work weekends.
good culture and fun experience
Pros
Fun
Cons
bad management
Cook
Casual Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW25 April 2017
Preparing food for the shift, cooking food to order, cleaning of equipment at end of shift, plating of food to go out to customers, making sure everything was ready for service
great place to learn how a kitchen works
Cook/Kitchen Hand (Current Employee) –  Townsville QLD7 March 2016
A fun place to work, I learned the basics and some neat skills that make my job easier and tasks more time efficient, management are approachable and easy to work for.
Pros
meals half price
Cons
late nights
Great fun enviroment
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 February 2016
Food ordering and ensuring food preparation is all up to date- I learnt most of my kitchen hand and chef experience through the restaurant. I worked closely with management and wait staff to ensure that there was good food and service
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours short break
summary
Kitchen Hand/Cook (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD17 October 2015
within my first couple months of employment my pay was never right they were miss half my hours most of the time and i dont work for free . in saying that it had its ups my co workers were friendly and hardworking at the same time so they both motivated me and were there to have a chat and the same for me to them , i think my hardest time was when the resataurant was rushed with a full sitting around 200 people , and they all ordered at once we werent expecting it and i was the only one on fryers I got flooded . but from that i learnt got faster.
Poorly managed company that has little to no care for employees
Kitchen hand (Former Employee) –  Penrith, NSW21 July 2013
Working here is torture. Simple. There are constant pay issues, employees are chosen mostly on a popularity vote rather than on actual experience, equipment is poorly maintained and is often broken, worker morale is non-existent because management seems more concerned with saving a few bucks here and there rather than up-keeping a positive work environment, having enough people on to cover the work, cutting pay (or not paying super at all which is an ongoing legal issue), and taking care of their store in general. The most enjoyable part of working there are the work mates who are having to endure the same terrible management as you are, the hardest part is everything else.
Pros
I've met some nice people
Cons
Too many to list