Horizon Power
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Horizon Power Employee Reviews

Australia7 reviews
Horizon Power is a utility company, and I have worked there for almost 10years. It is very busy and we look after both distribution and transmission, so each day will be different.
I learned high voltage testing , protection, and management skills.

There is a very good safety culture .

hardest part of the job is after cyclones where most assets would be destroyed and you need to work in wet and windy conditions but that is also the most enjoyable part after finishing the work and seeing the smile and gratefulness of customers.
I enjoyed my time working on the project, it was a good experience. The project was managed well and the management were great, often going out of their way to help.
I have experienced the best working atmosphere of my life.
Management is supportive to employee for carrying out his job effectively.
I was given full training for this job and it was my first experience in the energy sector. Everyone there was friendly and had a great attitude towards me and the job. Management understood the importance of family and safety on the job. I felt like part of the family and i loved my job.
Horizon Power gave you many opportunities to grow within the workplace, I was lucky enough to be apart of a team which went from start to finish on a project, and manage the way it got distributed throughout the company.

Hardest part of our job was maintaining the relationships with the regional staff, it was hard to understand what they were going through, but I was able to spend a few weeks here and there up/down in our regions and feel what they were feeling.
Overall good environment, hard working culture. Was a contract role so didn't benefit much from being full time.

It is a good employer overall and recommended, but it doesn't have room for growth as it only has a regional WA customer base.
Pros
Latte machine, free bikiz
Cons
contract role
Best job to date awesome work crew and manage was spot on very professional and very approachable.