Hotwire Employee Reviews

Good company to work at
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA23 March 2018
With new CEO the company is getting better to work at.
Work-life balance is really good here.
Management needs to pay more attention to subordinates.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Politics
Hotwire
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NY2 February 2018
It`s a good place to start your career . It`s not the best place if you want to grow and learn new things. I want to be a QA lead or project manager. Overall it is a good place for entry level guys.
Pros
flexible vacation
Cons
can get fire at anytime
Closed shop
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK11 November 2017
Inside division of Hotwire closed.
Line and Communication division continue to operate.
Projects were thru out the state of Alaska
My main project management position was install a GE LM3500 oil fired turbine in Juneau Alaska
Great Culture
Associate Affiliate Manager/Online Marketing Spec. (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA11 October 2017
The company has a great culture. The people there are willing to put in the time and energy to make the company great. The benefits were really good as well as, the travel discounts. Unfortunately, I was laidoff in 2016 and following my layoff many others were let go.
Pros
Culture, Travel Benefits, Medical Benefits, etc..
Cons
Job Security
Great foundation, ok culture
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA28 September 2017
It was an okay culture. The leaders were great but management was very poor and disorganized. It must have changed over the years. So please talk to recent employees.
Pros
data driven culture
Cons
part of expedia makes it hard to navigate
Micro Management at it's worst
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Milton, FL4 May 2017
High call volume, which is not the issue, but the considerable short time limit that applied to each customer call was not realistic, especially when the customer was extremely irritated or disappointed with circumstances regarding hotel room conditions, reservation errors and or flight delays and airport mishaps. Management did as little as possible to assist and or resolve issues that were their responsibility to resolve.
Pros
Cons
incompetence and little opportunity for advancement.
Hotwire
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA5 April 2017
Hotwire was by far one of the leading teams I have been a part of from a culture and work/life balance as there is emphasis on happiness.
There is a ton of encouragement and many long-time employees, which lends itself to feeling comfortable in your environment and speaking your mind.
network design
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar Pradesh11 March 2017
i am learned lot of things about network troubleshooting. because i am work for a field engineer.
i am satisfied about his network design.
but good experience i got from this company.
Great people, great culture
UX Developer & Creative Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA2 February 2017
Hotwire was a great place to work. Management looks out for their teams, and are smart people. I ran into very few egos and was generally surrounded by smart, talented people. i really hope that they can pivot and stay afloat as the industry is rapidly morphing around them.
Pros
gym in the building, parking vouchers, free breakroom snacks, vr room
Cons
beginning to get a little management top heavy
Upper management got taken over by parent company.
Senior Web Developer, Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 August 2016
It started as a great place to to work. Over time the parent company continued to inject more and more upper management form their own organization. This completely changed the culture.
Pros
Great location, solid middle management
Cons
Unreasonable business goals, weak upper management
Always busy and time goes fast.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines28 July 2016
Working in this field of job was a kind of pressure but it makes me challenge because this is my first time to work in a Call Center company. You have to deal with different kinds of people with different attitudes. Patience is more important in this kind of job but it makes me feel good if our clients like my assistance.
Pros
Transportation and food allowance
Cons
Night shift and pressure.
all employee are wing man to each other
Email Service Representative (back office) (Former Employee) –  Alabang Philippines4 July 2016
The salary is average but I stayed for 7 years not because of the salary but because of the work environment as all of your co-workers treat you as a family. We are each others wing man meaning we got each others back no matter what happened, good or bad they will always help you. The most memorable part in this company is that this company is being fun and enjoying what you are doing as if it was not a work. Just like the phrase no matter how difficult your work as long as you love what you are doing you will be happy.
Pros
morning shift
Cons
no night differential pay
Great work environment
SEM Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA3 August 2015
There is support from upper management to get your work done. They encourage advancement through company training programs.
Relaxed work place with great staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OR14 May 2015
What I learned from my time at hotwire is to help people dealing with time crunches. I helped with bookings and fixing mistakes that might have happened before or after the booking process.
Pros
Job advancement, bonus
Cons
Disgruntled customers
Positive Communication
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI6 February 2015
On an average day the majority of customers calling in were very frustrated and upset, it was my job to take control of the conversation and turn it around and leave them with a positive experience of our company. This can discourage other co workers, so it is amazing when a company creates a energetic and positive workspace.
Stersful place to be
Senior Accounts Payable Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA19 October 2014
Very stressful place to work. A lot of orders but lack of direction. Very disorganized department lack of leadeship
horrible workplace
Machine (Former Employee) –  Flint, WLS19 June 2014
I was in a garage sitting there watching them fix cars, it was boring because I wanted to get involve and they didn't give me any jobs to do, as I went there to learn some new skills for my jobs in the future, to be an engineer.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
short hours
Fun Travel Environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 October 2013
Good work/Life balance for a tech company. Fun subject matter. Opportunities for advancement depend on the team.
Productive and Fun place to work at
Global Air Operations Transportation Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA2 September 2013
Great company, fun co-workers. Great benefits, medical, dental vision. Fun company picnics and events.
Pros
Culture and benefits
Cons
Lack of opportunities for growth
Exciting and enjoyable expearance
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL14 May 2013
My work day was long but enjoyable. I would open the office conduct my morning interviews, conferm my daily appiontments and prepare the team for a possative day.
I learned that not everyone is made for customer serviceknow matter how much training or support I supplied. I also learned I dont like spiders.
The owners are great! I have known them for 20+ years. When ever there was an issue that I felt there might be a conflict of intrest if I handled it, they always steped up.
My co-workers were great most of us had the same intrests at heart, of course sometimes you find a bad apple in the bunch.
The hardest part of my job was the, sometimes 13-16hr. days. But that is required at times to keep a company in the black and keep clients happy.
The best times were when you have the chance to see the relief of a client when the see what the service you have provided them is above and beyond what they expected.
Pros
Buisness were purchased at company expence, Casual Fridays, and great buisness lunches.
Cons
Did not get to spend a lot of time with my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotwire. Our community is ready to answer.